Recent Topics

Ads

Things you like about Return of Reckoning

Let's talk about... everything else
zulnam

Re: Things you like about Return of Reckoning

Post#11 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:05 am

Best thing about RoR hands-down is the performance improvements. I personally like the new cities as well, but will admit that I will be more excited for them when they get incorporated in the RvR Campaign. They do have quests, but Warhammer Online was never a pve game.

Balance is also not as bad as people like to say it is. Every class, geared well and played by a good player, usually has at least one build they can run in warbands, which are endgame content. That wasn't always the case.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#12 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:28 am

Performance improvements are best things compared to AoR. But i do just love that i can still enjoy this game even if i disagree with some changes. And to be clear from me there is no intentional hostility towards any staff or players. But ive been banned from RoR Discord 2 times without explanation so i think i can come off as hostile to some.

Praise Hail RoR=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Caduceus

Post#13 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:47 am

The Warhammer atmosphere, the unique PVP experience, a world full of secrets and achievements. I can go on and on!
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:03 pm

best large scale pvp on market.

Zimzammer

Post#15 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:00 pm

Stimpz wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:10 pm I really like the animations in the game.
Even if the game is old, the animations are top-notch. Every sword swing, every bow shot, the twirl of a staff on a heal, it feels good and looks good.
I'm actually really surprised someone would post this as what they like about the game given how the animations are incredibly stiff in WAR and there's quite a number of visual and sound bugs in regards to them.

I like the Warhammer look of the game. Almost everything just exudes this "this looks **** cool" look. The PvE world has some cool looking places, it's just a shame that a lot of the level design for it did not age well at all.
I love the visual progression you have with your armor looking increasingly cooler while having the option to transmog and a robust dye system.

SepticDisaster

Post#16 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:20 pm

I love the grim, gritty IP of Warhammer far beyond anything else in the MMO market, past and present. You don’t get the WoW style of both sides being misunderstood good guys, here as Paul Barnett said “nobody’s good!” Some days I love this game, others I want to throw my laptop out the window just like how I felt in Live. I just appreciate the chance to play this game that makes me feel this invested in the war effort, and to experience classes I never got to play around with on Live.

Stimpz

Post#17 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:30 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:52 pm Warhammer age of reckoning was a good game at its core, but the performance was quite terrible when it comes to largescale. Many warband vs warband or zerg figths from back then are showing some slightshow and "wait for the game to catch up" before damage and heal numbers would kick in.

That is probably the main attraction point for RoR for me, how well the game handles masses of players clashing into eachother while having depth like Collision system.
That's actually something I like too.
I often talk to a friend about how well the performance has become

After playing yesterday I have a few additions to make
I love the new Discordant Skirmish mode.
A nice way to play scenarios as solo or duo and shows that they do mind the casual players.

Also, I really like the Weekend Warfronts.
Even if it's sometimes a hassle to play without a group, I like how they implemented some lore with the description of each warfront.
The rewards make it even better.

The same goes for the Weekly RvR Warfront.
I liked both versions of it, but the new one shows again that they think about fair, but more important, fun ways to complete your tasks.

The renown 85 cosmetic reward is also a small, pleasant addition.
Originally only obtainable through a Warhammer Online deluxe edition or something (?) It makes a fun little carrot on the stick, to grind renown after rr80 if you're into this.

Aethilmar

Post#18 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:46 pm

In no particular order:

Bad Ass Elves (high and dark)
Collision
Tanks have a purpose in PvP
Asymmetric (i.e. not mirrored) classes

Ads
kirraha

Post#19 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:12 pm