Recent Topics

Ads

Things you like about Return of Reckoning

Let's talk about... everything else
Stimpz

Things you like about Return of Reckoning

Post#1 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:10 pm

Forums, by their very nature, tend to spread a lot of negativity.

If you're frustrated, you make yourself heard there. Imbalances and design flaws are discussed here enough, and often with a ruthless handling.

I wish to read what you like about this game this time. Things that are different from the original Age of Reckoning or things that already exist from the basic design.

Please note that people have different views.
So if someone thinks rampage or git to da choppa is a great new thing, then leave it at that and don't let it turn into a balancing discussion

So, of course, I love the warhammer theme.

I really like the animations in the game.
Even if the game is old, the animations are top-notch. Every sword swing, every bow shot, the twirl of a staff on a heal, it feels good and looks good.

One of my favorite things to do is the freedom to shape your character through colors and transmogs.
And the recent change to mogging a two-handed sword to a two-handed axe, for example, is something I'm very grateful to the devs for.

I think it's great that the game is being developed further.
the addition of the two new capitals is something really big and was implemented with great attention to detail.

I also like that the developers are trying new things.
For example ranked. Even if it doesn't worked out, the attempt shows how much love is put into this game.

Oh, and the introduction of self-designed new items like weapons and cloaks is just great. I wish for more of that in the future.

That list could go on and on, but I don't want to write too much.

So, what do you like?

Ads
magictaquito

Re: Things you like about Return of Reckoning

Post#2 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:57 pm

There's a lot of really cool things this game does that other games on the market just cannot do.

My favorite part of this game is the team-building and connectedness that can be felt. Leading a roster of players and overcoming the odds against you is super rewarding. The pvp systems in RoR inspire countless opportunities for exciting teamwork and learning experiences.

When the tide of battle is turning against you and Order is bearing down, it could be something as simple as someone in discord screeching "REMEMBER ANTIETAM" for people to get inspired and turn it back on the enemy. Or other group leaders showing up at the perfect time like Gandalf at the battle of Helms Deep. Each day on RoR offers a chance for something hilarious, spontaneous, or courageous.
[Gobbo Club] Guild Master
Brokensafety - RR84 Squig Herder
Fart - RR6x Black Orc
Healyfingas - RR6x Shaman
Imbigga - RR5x Choppa

Albais

Post#3 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:26 pm

As was already said, Warhammer Online offers a PvP experience that is second to none, and without the amazing work of the RoR team it would have been lost to time. So thank you for keeping this place up and running (and for even continuously adding new stuff!).

I feel it's hard to capture the free-form and chaotic beauty of open RvR in words, so here's a video that shows what I personally enjoy the most when playing: having fun with my guild mates while settling grudges on the battlefield.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

Garamore

Post#4 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:03 pm

Killing people in rvr
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Tyrex2017

Post#5 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:21 pm

As WP, healing frontline and watch destros falling around me.

wonshot

Post#6 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:52 pm

Warhammer age of reckoning was a good game at its core, but the performance was quite terrible when it comes to largescale. Many warband vs warband or zerg figths from back then are showing some slightshow and "wait for the game to catch up" before damage and heal numbers would kick in.

That is probably the main attraction point for RoR for me, how well the game handles masses of players clashing into eachother while having depth like Collision system.

Dark age of Camelot, have "lag spears and hammers" in zerg fights, Black Desert online sieges with 100vs100 is quite terrible performancevice, New World from a massive studio couldnt even handle 50v50 on a capture point before the game froze, GW2 WvWvW at times would not even render players if too many were involved and there are 10+ years difference between some of these newer MMOs with big backing and paid studios.

And yet, with some addon, ui, settings fiddling you can make RoR perform pretty smoothly in LOTD and orvr largescale involving several hundred players. During the first peon wave i think we saw the biggest battles, and same for the Roleplay city launch event with like 800-1000 players fighting in one area and the performance was, well. unmatched.

Bravo to RoR for providing this unique experience that cant be found in any mordern live mmo server to this extend.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Martok

Post#7 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:16 pm

That the game still allows one to do stuff like this:

Or this:

No other MMO game I am aware of is so structured.

And the game is fun.

And the Devs are still working on new content.

And here I own a horse but don't have to clean up after it.
Last edited by Martok on Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

mix12388

Post#8 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:31 pm

its just a magical game cant describe it i can say so much but so little mostly because my main language isnt english but if you wanna get a glimpse of how much i appreciate this game is that i been playing since i was 12 on live till it closed and now im 25 and been playing in this server since 2015
Goregrunt 82rr Choppa :mrgreen:

Slayin stunties since 2k14

Ads
Scottx125

Post#9 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:17 pm

For me, the thing that keeps be coming back is the Guild based RvR scene. Rolling with an organised 24 man warband and fighting other organised guilds in order to dominate a zone and help order push/lock it. That's pretty much it. Everything else is mediocre at best.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

oaliaen

Post#10 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:25 pm

I love the Warhammer Lore .. so i play warhammer online. dosnt mean i like everything on it because balance in this game is very bad. Some classes have all in one while others have almost nothing.