Recent Topics

Ads

[Mac OS] How to Install Return of Reckoning V.2

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Alterkraft

Re: [Mac OS] How to Install Return of Reckoning V.2

Post#31 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:56 pm

gyps wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:56 am
Alterkraft wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:49 pm
gyps wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:19 am

Just installed it on the M2 Max and it runs quite well! actually its amazing how well it runs...i'll upload a video, at 2x speed and with some loading screen time cutted specially during the Net. 4 install that takes a very long time (up to 15 mins after the last skipped error)
You actually got it working? Which macOS version?
Hi there I'm currently using Ventura 13.4.1, Crossover 23 Beta 1 but it worked the same for 22 (last release), here a vid:

https://youtu.be/0Ci7m1m_r8E

hope it helps!
Can't get it to work. Still the same launcher issue and I've got the exact same system pretty much I'm using the trial version of CrossOver though, could that complicate things?

Ads
gyps

Post#32 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:54 pm

Contact me on discord, we could try some remote help if you want to .

I'm Gyps in the discord server

Trial version shouldn't affect in any way, its the same app, there are no restricion.

gyps

Post#33 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:23 pm

Alterkraft wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:56 pm
gyps wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:56 am
Alterkraft wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:49 pm
You actually got it working? Which macOS version?
Hi there I'm currently using Ventura 13.4.1, Crossover 23 Beta 1 but it worked the same for 22 (last release), here a vid:

https://youtu.be/0Ci7m1m_r8E

hope it helps!
Can't get it to work. Still the same launcher issue and I've got the exact same system pretty much I'm using the trial version of CrossOver though, could that complicate things?
This problem was solved by replacing the trial version of Crossover 22.1.1. with latest 23, Cx 23 should be released anytime soon.

gyps

Post#34 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:11 am

I did create a bundle .app which is even easier to run, if anyone is interested please contact me on discord and I'll gladly share the link.

Once tested by at least 10 persons with different specs (at the moment just three different user) i'll release the link publicly on the first page of the guide :)

Tuxedomoon

Post#35 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:36 pm

Hello,

try to install RoR in a 32 bit prefix (bottle) and not in a 64 bit one.

All components required to run RoR are 32 bit, and NET 4.0 framework is known to make installation troubles in a 64 bit prefix, at least in linux.
I can run this game in a 32 bit prefix in linux, either with standard wine (staging) or with lutris wine builds with no problem.
Atm i only need to install NET framework 4.0 or 4.8 and dxvk to run RoR.
On your machines it would be dx9 instead of dxvk (or moltenvk + dxvk, if you can get it to work).

The name war-64.exe is misleading. The only difference to the war.exe client is, that war.exe is capped to 99 fps. Both clients have LAA enabled.

I hope this may help with your troubles.

Dynamene

gyps

Post#36 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:05 pm

Tuxedomoon wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:36 pm Hello,

try to install RoR in a 32 bit prefix (bottle) and not in a 64 bit one.

All components required to run RoR are 32 bit, and NET 4.0 framework is known to make installation troubles in a 64 bit prefix, at least in linux.
I can run this game in a 32 bit prefix in linux, either with standard wine (staging) or with lutris wine builds with no problem.
Atm i only need to install NET framework 4.0 or 4.8 and dxvk to run RoR.
On your machines it would be dx9 instead of dxvk (or moltenvk + dxvk, if you can get it to work).

The name war-64.exe is misleading. The only difference to the war.exe client is, that war.exe is capped to 99 fps. Both clients have LAA enabled.

I hope this may help with your troubles.

Dynamene
Either way you will end up playing with 64 bits, in fact WoW64 (Windows 32-bit on Windows 64-bit) support has been implemented for all Unix libraries. This allows for 32-bit applications to be executed in a 64-bit environment, without the presence of the appropriate 32-bit libraries.

Net framework needed is just 4 and d3d9. Dxvk is not supported for dx9 under macOS so Moltenvk (integrated in crossover) is not working, sadly we are restricted to a directx - opengl - translation considering that the open gl driver under macos is a deprecated version for just web browsing.

BTW added an alternative method of installation for anyone to try on post #2 of this thread.

kxd

Post#37 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:44 pm

hello, I'm taking a chance in this tread, I just came back to warhammer after long years of absence, nd after following the instructions in this tread, everything is fine until after the launch. I find myself at the menu page, unable to click on anything. I can't even pass the user terms & agreements. like my mouse isn't working. I can't scroll down the menu and get accepted. is this a fixable problem? anyone have a solution? my mac is an imac 2021 M1 pro, 32gb memory, currently in Ventura.

gyps

Post#38 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:08 pm

kxd wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:44 pm hello, I'm taking a chance in this tread, I just came back to warhammer after long years of absence, nd after following the instructions in this tread, everything is fine until after the launch. I find myself at the menu page, unable to click on anything. I can't even pass the user terms & agreements. like my mouse isn't working. I can't scroll down the menu and get accepted. is this a fixable problem? anyone have a solution? my mac is an imac 2021 M1 pro, 32gb memory, currently in Ventura.
Which of the two methods did you use?

Anyway I'd try a repair option first, in the client just click on settings "gear wheel" on the top right corner, then click repair, close and reopen.

Even if the problem sounds more like a compatibility issue between your current mouse / macos and wine, another "test" could be trying out another mouse (a normal 3 button one for example)

Ads
kxd

Post#39 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:47 pm

gyps wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:08 pm
kxd wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:44 pm hello, I'm taking a chance in this tread, I just came back to warhammer after long years of absence, nd after following the instructions in this tread, everything is fine until after the launch. I find myself at the menu page, unable to click on anything. I can't even pass the user terms & agreements. like my mouse isn't working. I can't scroll down the menu and get accepted. is this a fixable problem? anyone have a solution? my mac is an imac 2021 M1 pro, 32gb memory, currently in Ventura.

Anyway I'd try a repair option first, in the client just click on settings "gear wheel" on the top right corner, then click repair, close and reopen.

Even if the problem sounds more like a compatibility issue between your current mouse / macos and wine, another "test" could be trying out another mouse (a normal 3 button one for example)
i used the first method. everything worked perfectly. was able to download all the content, launcher worked and when i get to the in game menu, I get the warhammer cursor, however i can’t scroll down or click on anything. as if it wasn’t on screen, although the cursor is moving. even my touchpad doesn’t work (might not work at all you tell me) tried changing it to windows mode with command+F but it didn’t work. i’ll try your method. thanks!

gyps

Post#40 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:36 pm

kxd wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:47 pm
gyps wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:08 pm

i used the first method. everything worked perfectly. was able to download all the content, launcher worked and when i get to the in game menu, I get the warhammer cursor, however i can’t scroll down or click on anything. as if it wasn’t on screen, although the cursor is moving. even my touchpad doesn’t work (might not work at all you tell me) tried changing it to windows mode with command+F but it didn’t work. i’ll try your method. thanks!
ok let me know how it goes! thanks!