Recent Topics

Ads

War Report Teleport - Implement Cast Timer

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Avanos

War Report Teleport - Implement Cast Timer

Post#1 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:11 pm

Hello all!

I've recently returned to the game after 2 years, and noticed that people are exploiting the war report to avoid combat situations. This is akin to combat logging (alt+f4 out of a game to avoid combat), and should not be allowed.
See the following examples:

Click here to watch on YouTube

I believe that a cast timer should be implemented into the war report, this will be the best fix in my opinion.

Book of binding has a cast timer.
Guild scrolls have a cast timer.
SC pop has a combat timer.

Its quite annoying to run across someone only for them to poof away due to some exploit.
Why shouldn't the war report have a cast timer? Thoughts?

Best Regards!
Last edited by Avanos on Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: War Report Teleport - Implement Cast Timer

Post#2 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:59 pm

That's how it was implemented. You don't need to call it an exploit.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Scottx125

Post#3 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:17 am

Yeah, it's not an exploit. But it is annoying. I agree with the idea of implementing a 10s cast timer for war report.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Avanos

Post#4 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:53 am

Well, its an exploit in my opinion - as I'm sure that the original developers did not intend for this to be used as an escape from combat.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:10 am

Avanos wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:53 am Well, its an exploit in my opinion - as I'm sure that the original developers did not intend for this to be used as an escape from combat.
Our devs are very well aware it's used to dodge fights and have left it that way intentionally. They could easily block it in several ways. I'm not at all bothered if someone wants to dodge getting rolled over by a fight they decide they have no chance at winning.

licenje

Post#6 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:31 am

You cant use it in combat so just attack em before they wr, but when 2 warbands run after mounted solo AM from dragonwake to fort in etaine it actualy comes handy... i can see you play we and you complain that ppl avoid combat lol, lets make that we/wh cant use stealth while in combat so they cant just walk away from any fight when they wona then you can start complaining...

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#7 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:04 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:10 am
Avanos wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:53 am Well, its an exploit in my opinion - as I'm sure that the original developers did not intend for this to be used as an escape from combat.
Our devs are very well aware it's used to dodge fights and have left it that way intentionally. They could easily block it in several ways. I'm not at all bothered if someone wants to dodge getting rolled over by a fight they decide they have no chance at winning.
While it is super cheesy, don't you think it's probably better to minimize the amount of cheesy stuff people can do when they've gone and put themselves well out of position? Devs could easily apply a check like if GameData.Player.isInRvRLake == true/false type check when using the spell? While it's also true that the devs put it in like this, they also didn't put ranked into the game and we've got that so I'd assume we're not exactly going for preservation at this point. By implementing the prevention of this gimmick players would improve their positional awareness. The game, I'd argue, would be better for it.

Alfa1986

Post#8 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:11 am

just add casttime and it will be solved. more problems is caused when ppl make special disconnect to avoid to being killed. u need to do a delay when ppl disconect and char can be attacked for at least 30 sec
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:14 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:04 am
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:10 am
While it is super cheesy, don't you think it's probably better to minimize the amount of cheesy stuff people can do when they've gone and put themselves well out of position? Devs could easily apply a check like if GameData.Player.isInRvRLake == true/false type check when using the spell? While it's also true that the devs put it in like this, they also didn't put ranked into the game and we've got that so I'd assume we're not exactly going for preservation at this point. By implementing the prevention of this gimmick players would improve their positional awareness. The game, I'd argue, would be better for it.
"How it was on live" gets thrown around when it's convenient, so don't rule it out as an option to justify something. :D

I've had the conversation with devs more than a couple times about people dodging fights and how it could be clamped down on, but it's just not a concern. Personally I find it more annoying when you get someone in-combat and they client crash, but even that isn't something we're going to crack down on. Cowards are gonna be cowards. Mark their name in your book if it bothers you that much and take it out on them next time you get a chance. Surely there's an addon for that already.

Avanos

Post#10 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:36 am

Yet another one..

1v1, he saw me coming, no warband behind me..