Recent Topics

Ads

Regarding Global Cooldowns

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Minisynn

Re: Regarding Global Cooldowns

Post#91 » Wed May 25, 2022 10:29 pm

GamesBond wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:17 pm
Minisynn wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:44 pm from the sounds of things, i.e. "nothing tangible on the horizon", weeks might be an understatement of how long the game is going to be like this
That's not the case. There are definitely talks and ongoing discussions for a lot of topics but I won't post about them while they may drastically change or may not even exit their maturity stage, hence the 'tangible' part.

It seems that 2-3 people really enjoy being annoyingly picky. I may reconsider sharing details in the future cause you're not even giving feedback, you're just being extensively picky.
How are we being excessively picky? You're giving super vague answers with no idea of a timeframe for solutions (and yes, I understand, volunteer team) and I'm responding with that information in mind. I've also tried to give constructive feedback in this thread but you're only replying to the most negative parts of my comments.

Okay, fair enough, you're having internal talks and discussions for a lot of topics which may drastically change. You'd given no indication of that fact before, and the phrase "nothing tangible on the horizon" to me says "any solution is a *long* way out". But whatever, the only replies I've gotten from you have been the exact same as this tonally and you've now threatened to stop being transparent/stop sharing details twice to me alone, so I'll love ye and leave ye to it before the community gets brick walled less than a week after the teams newfound commitment to transparency has been discussed
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#92 » Wed May 25, 2022 10:36 pm

Minisynn wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:29 pm How are we being excessively picky? You're giving super vague answers with no idea of a timeframe for solutions (and yes, I understand, volunteer team) and I'm responding with that information in mind. I've also tried to give constructive feedback in this thread but you're only replying to the most negative parts of my comments.

Okay, fair enough, you're having internal talks and discussions for a lot of topics which may drastically change. You'd given no indication of that fact before, and the phrase "nothing tangible on the horizon" to me says "any solution is a *long* way out". But whatever, the only replies I've gotten from you have been the exact same as this tonally and you've now threatened to stop being transparent/stop sharing details twice to me alone, so I'll love ye and leave ye to it before the community gets brick walled less than a week after the teams newfound commitment to transparency has been discussed
This is the only available information at the moment. Thank you for your understanding and have a good rest of the day.

Gravord

Post#93 » Wed May 25, 2022 10:50 pm

Hello. Just to step in and calm situation a bit. Balance focus group is painfully aware of the issue with ap and its working with dev team to push another tweak to ap already in this week patch. Stay tuned for more info.

Valarion

Post#94 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:27 pm

Some hopefully useful feedback here:
First a lot of us gamers understand the problems you (the devs) are trying to fix with the GCD changes and we appreciate all of the work you do. However, I think how these changes were thrown on the community could have been handled better.

Some ideas for improvement:
  • Please communicate these big changes in the forums ahead of time like the old Torq/Aza days.
  • State the short and long term problems that you are trying to solve and the intended solution.
  • Allow the player base to discuss these changes amongst themselves and with you. Give us your grand vision and allow us to contribute. Sometimes we have some wicked good solutions for you.
Test these changes (more?) Some ideas on how to test:
  • Implement a trial first - tell players this is a short term testing phase only and will be revert back in x # of days/weeks. This takes almost nothing to do on your part other than patience and a rollback if the change underperforms. (credit for this idea goes to Zarbix on his How to Kill a Server in 3 Easy Steps
  • Implement a dot command to simulate these changes individually for players and solicit feedback individually (similar to the fantastic AM/Shaman mechanic changes of old)
  • Perhaps its time for a test server?
As a professional developer myself, I can often forget about the human factor in the changes I make. However, its important to consider the community psychology behind all of this (wrong or right). Sometimes even the most positive changes are received negatively when the player base doesnt feel involved in the longterm fixes you are working on. The mistake here was only in the communication and marketing of this change if you ask me.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Haojin

Post#95 » Thu May 26, 2022 9:37 am

Gravord wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:50 pm Hello. Just to step in and calm situation a bit. Balance focus group is painfully aware of the issue with ap and its working with dev team to push another tweak to ap already in this week patch. Stay tuned for more info.
Hello. Thanks for stepping in and calming the situation. There will be any change in regards of GCD; does balance focus group painfully aware with the issue aswell ? Thanks for the hard work and dedication to make this humble server greater.

Regards.
Last edited by Haojin on Thu May 26, 2022 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Gatto

Post#96 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:52 pm

Gravord wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:50 pm Hello. Just to step in and calm situation a bit. Balance focus group is painfully aware of the issue with ap and its working with dev team to push another tweak to ap already in this week patch. Stay tuned for more info.
weird flex but ok.
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

nat3s

Post#97 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:57 pm

Are you part of the RoR team now? Suggests Zarbix was right which is concerning. You have so much passion Grav, but not sure your ideas are popular... And the game needs popular ideas. All of this "we're removing/nerfing x for the integrity of the server" nonsense has to go, design for fun and keeping people playing. Not aggravating people in some hope of creating some pure form of competitive play.

Design arouund "Concentrated Coolness" - a term Greg Street coined when he was lead designer for WoW.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Gravord

Post#98 » Thu May 26, 2022 1:08 pm

nat3s wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:57 pm

Are you part of the RoR team now? Suggests Zarbix was right which is concerning. You have so much passion Grav, but not sure your ideas are popular... And the game needs popular ideas. All of this "we're removing/nerfing x for the integrity of the server" nonsense has to go, design for fun and keeping people playing. Not aggravating people in some hope of creating some pure form of competitive play.

Design arouund "Concentrated Coolness" - a term Greg Street coined when he was lead designer for WoW.
Part of the RoR staff? No. Part of focus group that will be getting things done in near future.
I would argue RoR need lot less "popular" populist slogans aimed for gaining attention and power play and more actual good work done in the back ground.

Ads
Omegus

Post#99 » Thu May 26, 2022 2:23 pm

Gravord wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:08 pmPart of the RoR staff? No. Part of focus group that will be getting things done in near future.
I would argue RoR need lot less "popular" populist slogans aimed for gaining attention and power play and more actual good work done in the back ground.
I was under the impression that the purpose of the focus groups was that they were run by the CM team to help gather feedback for the Devs. When did that change to the groups making announcements about upcoming changes and "getting things done"?

Edit: to clarify, I'm quoting gravord but the questions are for Gamesbond
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Haojin

Post#100 » Thu May 26, 2022 2:46 pm

Omegus wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:23 pm
I was under the impression that the purpose of the focus groups was that they were run by the CM team to help gather feedback for the Devs. When did that change to the groups making announcements about upcoming changes and "getting things done"?

Edit: to clarify, I'm quoting gravord but the questions are for Gamesbond
I think some of your questions are answered by Secrets in a "panic-deleted" thread ;D
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn