Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Quick fixes to noticeably improve the Quality of Shadow Warriors

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
mryay

[SW] Quick fixes to noticeably improve the Quality of Shadow Warriors

Post#1 » Sun May 01, 2022 6:48 am

Suggesting a quick fix to improve the quality of life of the current Shadow Warrior:

Quick changes:
- 115 feet range in Scout (like sh) (corrected)
- Fell the Weak usable in all stances
- Festering Arrow: 2sec cast
- Swap Festering arrow position (9 -> 13) with Fell the Weak position (13 -> 9) in the skill tree. You did well to do that for SH. It would just makes more sense in term of synergies with Assault and Skirmish
- Acid Arrow: 1sec cast
- Eyeshot: castable on the move or instant - currently, it slows down scout play style and does not synergize well with the Assault and Skirmish play style.
- Broad Head Arrow: usable from Assault again (since BHA does not stack anymore)
- Counter-strike: CD 5s
- shadow sting: 100 feet
- Enchanted Arrow: because the buff on Flame Arrow does not make any sense anymore and, it is bugged anyway (see https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/19112). I suggest applying the buff on Glass Arrow so that it adds a reason to get this tactic in assault or skirmish
- Rain of Steel: 2400 instant damage, exactly like SH's

Reworks:
- Sweeping slash is a gives a PBAoE buff of 30 feet that increases dodge and disrupt by 25% for 10sec (would work in the idea like Yasuo's Wind Wall in less broken (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZtYrb8N404))
- Hunter's Fervor: Cost 0 AP. Buff AP regen to 20 AP per second (current 9, CD: 60s). In addition, in Assault stance: Group heals for 300hp per second during 10s (subpar compared to Bugsman's Best 15s cooldown, but at least you are mobile and it is a core skill). -> why this is important? again, the SW has 0 working emergency healing or self-healing mechanics compared to other classes (starting from SH). In Scout stance: same mechanisms but Morale build: +20 morale per sec. Of course, these 3 versions are mutually exclusive, you need to make a tactical choice.

(Notice there is no skill damage boost needed here)

Your thoughts?

Swizz
Last edited by mryay on Sun May 01, 2022 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Ads
Lion1986

Re: [SW] Quick fixes to noticeably improve the Quality of Shadow Warriors

Post#2 » Sun May 01, 2022 8:28 am

mryay wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:48 am Suggesting a quick fix to improve the quality of life of the current Shadow Warrior:

Quick changes:
- 125 feet range in Scout (like sh)
- Fell the Weak usable in all stances
- Festering Arrow: 2sec cast
- Swap Festering arrow position (9 -> 13) with Fell the Weak position (13 -> 9) in the skill tree. You did well to do that for SH. It would just makes more sense in term of synergies with Assault and Skirmish
- Acid Arrow: 1sec cast
- Eyeshot: castable on the move or instant - currently, it slows down scout play style and does not synergize well with the Assault and Skirmish play style.
- Broad Head Arrow: usable from Assault again (since BHA does not stack anymore)
- Counter-strike: CD 5s
- shadow sting: 100 feet
- Enchanted Arrow: because the buff on Flame Arrow does not make any sense anymore and, it is bugged anyway (see https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/19112). I suggest applying the buff on Glass Arrow so that it adds a reason to get this tactic in assault or skirmish
- Rain of Steel: 2400 instant damage, exactly like SH's

Reworks:
- Sweeping slash is a gives a PBAoE buff of 30 feet that increases dodge and disrupt by 25% for 10sec (would work in the idea like Yasuo's Wind Wall in less broken (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZtYrb8N404))
- Hunter's Fervor: Cost 0 AP. Buff AP regen to 20 AP per second (current 9, CD: 60s). In addition, in Assault stance: Group heals for 300hp per second during 10s (subpar compared to Bugsman's Best 15s cooldown, but at least you are mobile and it is a core skill). -> why this is important? again, the SW has 0 working emergency healing or self-healing mechanics compared to other classes (starting from SH). In Scout stance: same mechanisms but Morale build: +20 morale per sec. Of course, these 3 versions are mutually exclusive, you need to make a tactical choice.

(Notice there is no skill damage boost needed here)

Your thoughts?

Swizz
Festering is already 2 sec cast with tactic.

mryay

Post#3 » Sun May 01, 2022 8:36 am

Lion1986 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:28 am
I know. But it's underperforming.
2s FA should be the base, then 1s with the tactic. Therefore you can have the option to slot No Quarter or not. At the moment, No Quarter is a must-have.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Lion1986

Post#4 » Sun May 01, 2022 8:42 am

mryay wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:36 am
Lion1986 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:28 am
I know. But it's underperforming.
2s FA should be the base, then 1s with the tactic. Therefore you can have the option to slot No Quarter or not. At the moment, No Quarter is a must-have.
placing that means eagle eye would be instant, which is quite op.

Omegus

Post#5 » Sun May 01, 2022 8:53 am

mryay wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:48 am- 125 feet range in Scout (like sh)
I thought the range increase for SH was tied to keeping Gas Squig alive and was a +15ft bonus, taking the range to 115ft while the pet is alive. Where does the other 10ft come from?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Glorian

Post#6 » Sun May 01, 2022 9:57 am

I also don't understand where the 125ft on SH is coming from.
Range Increase should also be +10ft like on scout stance.

Fenris78

Post#7 » Sun May 01, 2022 10:03 am

- Scout stance range to 115ft (to match the SH)
- Both Festering and Eagle Eye to 2s cast (no change for EE, both will be 1s with tactic)
- I like the idea of Hunter Fervor with 3 exclusive group effects for each stance :
Scout with AP regen sounds good (elves in general very much lack any AP regen + are very AP hungry, even AM doesnt have similar tactic as other healers, only AP for himself),
Assault with self heal is good, probably not 3k HP in 10s, but the instant 1600 HP from squig eating is powerful too (like a third healing potion) so needs a value to match this,
Skirmish with Morale to group sounds reasonable ; 200 morale is not big, even group-wide, and should make up for the lack of group morale buff Order-side (only available to WH and need Dragon Gun).

- Something needs to be done for the totally underpowered flame arrow ; it's like the weakest DoT of the entire game right now, even with the 25% damage... I think even Spellbinding Rune is doing more base damage... Smoldering arrow Tactic is lame too.
- Enchanted Arrow tactic would need to buff at least 2 or 3 skills, and/or or make them undefendable or something (while undefendable is worth fewer with Pierce Defense). Otherwise it's a dead tactic.
- Sweeping slash need something like a group buff to be useful, very much agree on that. Or just make 5 or 10s cd, it's the only available AoE in assault stance (saving Split Arrow and SFA), and it's not doing much damage anyway.

mryay

Post#8 » Sun May 01, 2022 10:58 am

Omegus wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:53 am
I thought the range increase for SH was tied to keeping Gas Squig alive and was a +15ft bonus, taking the range to 115ft while the pet is alive. Where does the other 10ft come from?
A mistake of mine while I was writing the post. Thank you for correcting me.

Ads
Lion1986

Post#9 » Sun May 01, 2022 11:08 am

Skirmish with Morale to group sounds reasonable ; 200 morale is not big, even group-wide, and should make up for the lack of group morale buff Order-side (only available to WH and need Dragon Gun).
I would make it like this: Skirmish with dodge and disrupt/parry increased by flat amount due to many 65 ft range skills that put you naturally in danger more than you want to. Morale pump has been nerfed and morale bombs are not worth anymore.

messerjockel

Post#10 » Sun May 01, 2022 12:00 pm

mryay wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:58 am
Omegus wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:53 am
A mistake of mine while I was writing the post. Thank you for correcting me.
I know it for SW only, other 10 feet come from invader armor piece bonus.

BR

Messerjockel