Recent Topics

Ads

Character name literally stolen

Let's talk about... everything else
Ghostwalker

Character name literally stolen

Post#1 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:43 pm

So.. I didnt log in for maybe 1month or so and when I do I find my character named Meleemidget (a dwarf slayer) has been renamed and the name actively given/stolen to/by someone else... wtf is this absolute cr@p?

I haven't played for a while here but thought I would come back slowly like I have with DAoC freeshards...only to find this happened... no warning to me anywhere either ive looked and its not like the account is inactive...

I want that name back, thanks.

Ads
Fey

Re: Character name literally stolen

Post#2 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:46 pm

Same thing happened to me with my Squigherder, "Squid." I really liked that name, had to rename, "Sguid." Maybe a dev took it who knows. Kinda shitty, but I suspect it's too late now.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Vri

Post#3 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:14 pm

This will be a good one to keep track of...
OP, it was just a month or so since you last played your slayer? We did have names taken off unlogged accounts about a year or so ago.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:35 pm

Fey wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:46 pm Same thing happened to me with my Squigherder, "Squid." I really liked that name, had to rename, "Sguid." Maybe a dev took it who knows. Kinda shitty, but I suspect it's too late now.
We don't steal names :(

Omegus

Post#5 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:28 pm

Ghostwalker wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:43 pm So.. I didnt log in for maybe 1month or so and when I do I find my character named Meleemidget (a dwarf slayer) has been renamed and the name actively given/stolen to/by someone else... wtf is this absolute cr@p?

I haven't played for a while here but thought I would come back slowly like I have with DAoC freeshards...only to find this happened... no warning to me anywhere either ive looked and its not like the account is inactive...

I want that name back, thanks.
How long had it been since you logged into that character specifically? Because names get freed up on inactive characters, not inactive accounts.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Hodds

Post#6 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:02 am

I lost the name Mischa, i didnt love it, but i liked having a low level toon named it, i may have leveled it "some day" but now i am needing a new name for my BG,

saupreusse
Developer

Post#7 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:38 am

if the character hasn't been online for a long time (a year i think?), the name can be claimed by someone else. So if you really like a name, you should play with that character sometimes.

chaosemperor

Post#8 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:11 pm

Last edited by chaosemperor on Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
K0rgak

Post#9 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:40 pm

I add myself to the list of "magically taken names". Logged out this morning at 2.00 am, re-logged in now and magically my character name is a duplicate. If possible, at least one motivation would be appreciated since less than 24 hours have passed since the last time I used that character.

Omegus

Post#10 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:45 pm

K0rgak wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:40 pm I add myself to the list of "magically taken names". Logged out this morning at 2.00 am, re-logged in now and magically my character name is a duplicate. If possible, at least one motivation would be appreciated since less than 24 hours have passed since the last time I used that character.
What was the name of the character you lost?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot