Recent Topics

Ads

Leveling sc toxic and frustrating

Let's talk about... everything else
Dgenerao

Leveling sc toxic and frustrating

Post#1 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:31 am

I'm back to the game whit some new player friends.
At the begining the leveling and the experience was amazing, but when we start at T2+ scs the fantastic experience was truncated.
Some premades abuse of the power of "instructor's boon", they devastete in sc, its normal that a premade was more powerfull that pugs but they are levels betten 25-39 whit rr 45+.
I would beg for revise this item, reducing the rr gained propocionaly to the experience reduction, to limit the rr farming at expenses the frustation of new player experience.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: Leveling sc toxic and frustrating

Post#2 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:26 pm

Just being the devil's advocate here, wouldn't you prefer to do the same and be properly ready for RvR upon reaching 40?

My point is if all players have access to the scroll and if it makes new players/alts stronger for RvR, why don't you do it as well? I completely understand your frustration, but removing the scroll doesn't completely handle this issue as premades and level gaps in your scenarios will remain the core issue. The solution would be splitting tiers even more, which will not happen cause it has more negatives than positives and we've discussed them many times in the past.

I also don't get why it's "toxic", once you level up you'll also enjoy the power-gap before diving straight back into T4 again.

Lightshow

Post#3 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:44 pm

That's the way it is whenever the other side has a good premade going.

I'm R40 and I was getting rolled SC after SC last night be a high lvl premade, I just had to switch toon in the end.

It can go either way, sometimes you'll end up with the good premade. It is frustrating though.

I don't necessarily enjoy rolling unorganised players in any game, it's nice when it's an even challenge. But with the player numbers it's hard to get around any issues. It's definitely not all bad and you'll still enjoy yourself a lot as it is quite even a lot of the time

Dgenerao

Post#4 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:48 pm

I'm prepared for the RvR with my level 40, but the new players that try to bacame level 40 to play the end game, cities, dungeons, etc, hasent this chance and allow to "hardcore" players to destroy the experience of this new players should be revised in my humble opinion

skylinx

Post#5 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:03 pm

just wait until you hit r40 and you arent rr60+ then. gl against full sov premades in sc...

Farrul

Post#6 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:05 pm

My best advice is to level through RvR and use the xp reduction scroll, at lower ranks pre lvl 30 you get a nice bolster buff, keep your talismans and gear up to date(and use armor/stat potions to fully benefit from the bolster buff).

Playing pug scenario is a roulette, most of the time it is a negative experience and as you've noticed players will spill out their toxicity there and always blame someone(you can report them, but still). Don't need scenario specific currency anymore so through RVR scenario gear can be bought. Once the renown level is comfortable enough 40+ get the remaining levels fast doing pve/ PQs.

P.S. Do not buy scenario weapons, despite the latest Patch do not waste any precious War Crests on the - still - way to expensive lowbie weapons, do the epic T4 quest at lvl 36 (it takes at the most 1 hour and can be soloed) and replace that weapon later with Subjugator. Good luck.

Lion1986

Post#7 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:15 pm

in my experience scenarious should be avoided at all costs unless you premade them:
1)ppl just zerg
2)rewards if you lose are pathetic at best
3)the same time in rvr give triple loot , even if you lose a rvr zone
4)scenarios class balance is garbage, especially in t1; in t2-3 is not better due to bolstering being meh
5)if you propose that premades matchmake only other premades the excuse is "no population" or "git gud", excluding even more ppl from queuiing especially outside eu prime time.
6)I speak as one who leveled his BW in scenarios only in preamde with IRL friends. Mind you, but as casual or lone player i still recomend to totally avoid scs and focus on RVR now that currency has been unified.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:03 pm

Having instructors boon doesnt give them any advantage. They can only spent as much renown points as their current level (which is max 39 in T2 scens)

Ads
Dgenerao

Post#9 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:39 pm

saupreusse wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:03 pm Having instructors boon doesnt give them any advantage. They can only spent as much renown points as their current level (which is max 39 in T2 scens)
that's true, but the abuse of tthis item ruins the experience of new players

areandar

Post#10 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:30 pm

To negate alot of frustration is to give everyone all the skills and tactic slots in sc as a rank 39 has.