Recent Topics

Ads

How do I get better?

Let's talk about... everything else
khatred

How do I get better?

Post#1 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:45 pm

And by how do I get better I mean what do I have to use to be able to offload more damage in a shorter amount of time? When I see getting hit by 1 auttoattack and 3 insta spells (not procs) in the same second when I can only land 1 autoattack and 1 skill it means there's something eluding me. So..help pls?
https://ibb.co/jkKqzNm

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Re: How do I get better?

Post#2 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:16 pm

First, you're fighting Teefz. You're fighting a player who runs consistently in a 6man and very rarely without 5 other players, with a consistent optimal setup and very excellent, honed kiting / baiting capabilities.

Secondly, all of his spells have varying flight times. Some of them land quicker than others. Autoattacks are instant. Some of the ranged attacks he and his pet have are not.

Third, you may want to spec futile strikes or TB against a class that relies on critical hits to deal damage.

You can't expect to fight someone like that without a proper geared group composition to counter it.

You, individually, may be doing fine, but this isn't a game centered around just personal strength. That can only go so far.
Get 5 other equally geared friends and take him out. Or continue getting farmed by his 6-man; choice is yours.

Elemint

Post#3 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:00 pm

Ranged autos are instant for some reason, so after 1s channel of kd it's 1 second channel of run and shoot, then auto proc that hits you before run and shoot lands, then red tipped is instantly usable cause of 1 second channel (gcd starts when channel starts, 1 second is minimal GCD i was able to obtain proof of, despite the long dated hidden information that it's actually 1.15s or something like that), which has very fast if not instant travel time, rotten arrer is a dot that just ticked at the right time for that stamp.

khatred

Post#4 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:24 pm

Actually rotten arrer was the first application of the dot. It almost made sense and I also thought it was one of the tic's but it was the first one.

Elemint

Post#5 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:47 am

Very few ranged dots apply damage on ability use, most tick first time after 3 seconds

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:36 am

i still don't understand how he pulls of 3(if one strike was from DoT) or 4 strikes in 1 second. if GCD is 1 sec, then you need 3-4 seconds to pull of 3-4 strikes.

Hugatsaga

Post#7 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:42 pm

Not so fast! hit 1 sec before so we ignore that and only really care about 48th second mark where Run 'n Shoot and Red Tipped Arrer hit at the same time. This was because first one being 1 sec cast and 2nd being instant cast. Auto attack follows its own cooldown and fires off automatically. Rotten arrer is a dot and was applied before.

In case you are geniuinely interested in getting better (I'm a bit sceptical when I see these kind of threads because often they are just concealed cheat accusations/name & shame attempts), you could hit target dummies while playing rdps with different abilities and see from combat log when they do dmg. Some abilities especially with range dps classes have animation/projectile travel time delay so you can use that as your advantage. Plus you can fire off insta cast immediately after cast time ability (assuming cast time is long enough to eat global cooldown).

For instance with sorc you can cast artic blast (2sec cast, spell has travel time), gloomburst (1sec cast, no travel time) and impending doom (instant cast, no travel time) and have all 3 abilities hit the target at the exact same time. Also before that sorc can pre-load his target up with dots and delayed nukes (word of pain, vision of torment) and have even more things hit at the exact same time.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Skullgrin

Post#8 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:05 pm

rejndjer wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:36 am i still don't understand how he pulls of 3(if one strike was from DoT) or 4 strikes in 1 second. if GCD is 1 sec, then you need 3-4 seconds to pull of 3-4 strikes.

It's easy to stack up DoT's along with other abilities like that with most classes. Like Secrets said, the concerning thing in the screen shot was him being crit so often. He definitely needs 2-3 ranks of Futile Strikes, armor with less to be crit %, or more initiative. With the current meta your chance to be crit has to be at 0% or less, otherwise you are gonna die really fast.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:11 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:05 pm
rejndjer wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:36 am i still don't understand how he pulls of 3(if one strike was from DoT) or 4 strikes in 1 second. if GCD is 1 sec, then you need 3-4 seconds to pull of 3-4 strikes.

It's easy to stack up DoT's along with other abilities like that with most classes. Like Secrets said, the concerning thing in the screen shot was him being crit so often. He definitely needs 2-3 ranks of Futile Strikes, armor with less to be crit %, or more initiative. With the current meta your chance to be crit has to be at 0% or less, otherwise you are gonna die really fast.
0% to crit as base from initiative? as a tank or also non-tank characters? :S
P.S. but i still think in image above there's only one DoT, only played SH for alittle while back in 2009 though

Sulorie

Post#10 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:16 pm

You forget projectile flight time. Not all skills hit the enemy in an instant.
Dying is no option.