Recent Topics

Ads

Increase Fortress loss Invaders from 1 --> 2

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Rubius
Developer

Increase Fortress loss Invaders from 1 --> 2

Post#1 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:55 am

Splitting this into a focused thread following discussions from this thread.

Proposal is simple:
- Increase Fortress Loss Invader tokens from 1 ---> 2.
- Optional but helpful: Re-introduce purple bags for losing side.

Why increase the rewards?
- Currently, winners get 4x the payout of the losers AND a chance at free Invader gear via Gold Bags. This motivates blobbing and swapping to the side with bigger numbers.
- Increasing the payout slightly for the losing side gives people a better motivator for spending 30-50 minutes of their time fighting against an already difficult situation.
- While this won't stop zergs entirely, it will help motivate people to stick around and lead to closer fights.

Why add back purple bags for losers?
- Same as above: give people more motivation to show up, even if they're outnumbered and outgunned.

Short and simple, and should be helpful no matter which realm you play. Support in favor of (and other views, even if opposed) all welcome below.

Thanks for reading.

Ads
Kpi

Re: Increase Fortress loss Invaders from 1 --> 2

Post#2 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:25 pm

The winners side must have a bigger reward for win.

For a lot of players, this is the motivation for win the fortress.

You want more invaders? Win the fort!
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:53 pm

There could be 2 sove/warlord/invader sets and if you are sieging fort you get 'mainspec' Invader set pieces and vice versa. Also boots/gloves from all these sets should drop during Forts invader and during CitySiege 'mainspec' sove/warlord and CityDefense 'offset' sove/warlord.

Also bringing back sove/warlord pieces to gold bags and new purple/blue bag Items(for fort as well) and they are different depending are you defending or attacking.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

ChicagoJoe

Post#4 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:27 pm

Kpi wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:25 pm The winners side must have a bigger reward for win.

This is the motivation to cross realm and zerg. You obviously can't understand this from your previous posts, unless you are being sarcastic. I really can't tell. You also seem to misunderstand that greater weight on one side makes it impossible to "win the fort" as if someone can merely, by motivation alone remove 100% AAO. Good leadership can negate some AAO but there is a limit.

In a PVP game you need fights. With zerging (both sides) it doesn't lead to fights, it leads to steam rolling and people logging off or cross realming. If anything you should reward fighting back and remove even more bags for obvious overloaded side. With more than 50% AAO it is really hard to defend. Winner rewards should be cut by AAO.

Its not a new thing that peoples behavior are impacted by rewards. ROR should allow cross realming to AAO side always (1 way) to discourage zerging, and encourage fights. Just about every serious player here has alt toons on the other side and most good guilds switch to balance.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Kpi

Post#5 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:18 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:27 pm
Kpi wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:25 pm The winners side must have a bigger reward for win.

This is the motivation to cross realm and zerg. You obviously can't understand this from your previous posts, unless you are being sarcastic. I really can't tell. You also seem to misunderstand that greater weight on one side makes it impossible to "win the fort" as if someone can merely, by motivation alone remove 100% AAO. Good leadership can negate some AAO but there is a limit.

In a PVP game you need fights. With zerging (both sides) it doesn't lead to fights, it leads to steam rolling and people logging off or cross realming. If anything you should reward fighting back and remove even more bags for obvious overloaded side. With more than 50% AAO it is really hard to defend. Winner rewards should be cut by AAO.

Its not a new thing that peoples behavior are impacted by rewards. ROR should allow cross realming to AAO side always (1 way) to discourage zerging, and encourage fights. Just about every serious player here has alt toons on the other side and most good guilds switch to balance.
The problem is what the goal to fight in fortress is obtain medallions, and not win the fortress. The last game set must be HARD to obtain, there is very sad see a lot of players in Sov/Warlord gear and they don't know how to play his class (i saw full SOV KOTBS who don't know what "Guard" skill is used).

BTW, in fortress the numbers are limited, so the zerg is more difficult. I know this happens sometimes, but this happes in BOTH sides, so sometimes order will serg the fortress, and sometime destro will zerg it too
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

ChicagoJoe

Post#6 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:54 pm

Kpi wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:18 pm

The problem is what the goal to fight in fortress is obtain medallions, and not win the fortress. The last game set must be HARD to obtain, there is very sad see a lot of players in Sov/Warlord gear and they don't know how to play his class (i saw full SOV KOTBS who don't know what "Guard" skill is used).

BTW, in fortress the numbers are limited, so the zerg is more difficult. I know this happens sometimes, but this happes in BOTH sides, so sometimes order will serg the fortress, and sometime destro will zerg it too
Pretty sure that a set ratio is only at the top of the population. At most you get something like 80% of defenders. Have seen many time however 100 vs 50 in a fortress which is likely impossible for the 50.

To be clear, I agree winners should get more rewards but you have to be careful with removing motivation to fight back.

In NA Time order usually has much greater order pop now. I never play my order toons anymore in NA peak because of that because it’s empty rewards when it’s so easy.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Kpi

Post#7 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:00 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:54 pm
Kpi wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:18 pm

To be clear, I agree winners should get more rewards but you have to be careful with removing motivation to fight back.
The motivation must be win!!! :D
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Rubius
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:52 am

Yeah, I'm also not saying I think winners shouldn't get more rewards.

But even if we increase the Invader loss reward up to 2 invaders, the winning side still gets more than double what the losers get. (4 invaders guaranteed, free invader pieces in gold bags, lots of crests in purple bags.)

What I'm aiming for here is a way to motivate people to want to fight, even if it's only 50 of them versus 150 on the other side. (And this does happen, especially during late NA evening forts.)

My point is that the current system motivates you to log off and swap to the bigger side, where you get 400% more rewards and you have an easier fight on top of it. I'm one of the people who will still lead a warband to try and defend against the zerg, but it's hard when people won't even show up because 1 invader for 30+ minutes of time + getting zerged is simply not worth the time for some people.

As for that tank that was in Sov and didn't guard... that's quite embarrassing, for sure! But I don't think it means everyone who gets Sov these days is a bad/new player. :)

Ads
shoelessHN

Post#9 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:24 am

Ah the good old days when my zealot had 3 piece invader before lvl30 from gold bags.

Your side already can't defend anything, which is why you ended up at the fort in the first place. Eliminate fort jail and MAYBE they'd be worth playing. As it is, forts have become completely pointless to defend.

Toshutkidup

Post#10 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:32 am

I would highly disagree with “improving” rewards for losing anything. History in RoR has shown countless times as rewards go up for losing, actually “trying” decreases. Many examples are old fort rules , Bo “afk” ticks, city afk for bags so on and so on. Imo if you want to win bags and better “loot” win, period.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup