Recent Topics

Ads

rewards from orvr, scenarios, and city

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
nik89

rewards from orvr, scenarios, and city

Post#1 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:47 pm

Hello,
I wanted to propose a change in orvr rewards(tagging city and scenarios into it too).

This game is centered around pvp, yet for some reason, items that are considered BiS(and even a requirement in top wbs for certain classes :( ), like sentinel ring(can equip special talis) and bloodlord weapons(the proc), are locked behind pve and ranked(which is a discussion of it's own, but it's moot for now since it is currently* "dead").

I propose adding some analogue to these items from orvr and scs.
As long as it is, somehow, possible to get it from orvr, it would be an improvement in my eyes.

You could for instance make the bloodlord weapons 600 oppressors+400 royals. That's an obscene amount, but I would work at it slowly anyway; Frankly, I'd rather do that than pve(and ranked).
That's just an example of a large amount for it. If the Developers did find merit in this idea, they would figure some reasonable amount themselves.

You don't have to make it easier or faster than pve. Even if the timescale is far longer, someone could work at it and get those items without having to do content that is unavailable, or undesirable to that person(for whatever reason).

Again, I am not saying to make it easier to get, just having more available ways to get certain "BiS" items.

Thank for listening.

Ads
marisco

Re: rewards from orvr, scenarios, and city

Post#2 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:00 pm

Oh look it's this topic again.

Do you think the devs put the bis equipment in pve for no reason? They want you to run that content If you want the reward. If you could get it from another activity then what's the point of the devs working and scripting these dungeons to make them work in the first place?

If you can't find in you to do them, well, though luck.

And let's be fair, getting pve rewards is nowhere near as hard as the ranked ones.

TreefAM

Post#3 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:42 am

finding parties for both of those is pretty easy if you have people that you play with
if you are a solo pug, all the gear in the world won't save you so what's the point?

nik89

Post#4 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:37 am

I am putting this forward as an alternative. I don't look in the forums often. I wouldn't know if anyone else has said something similar.

I am not interested in guessing the devs purposes, only putting forward an idea and maybe hearing their stance on it directly.

I am not a solo pug. I play with my guild. They run these dungeons often.
I've done plenty of pve in many different mmos. Dungeons, raids, large scale raids; I've done far harder and far easier content.
Avoiding pve isn't the point. The difficulty in getting them isn't the point. Putting BiS equipment behind niche game modes is the point.

This game's main focus is pvp. orvr is the biggest draw. You can look at the 2021 ror trailer(or previous ones) to see that.
Not knowing what it wanted to be was one of the (many) reasons the original game failed.

All I am suggesting, is adding some alternative methods that cater to a wider audience. They can very well be far more laborious methods.
They can keep them in pve with much lower requirements/ time investment; Again that was not the point.

On a personal note(I don't mean to offend):
Indeed, I can't find it in me to do them. Every time I do, I hate it. It's mind numbing.

Like I said, I would personally be glad if there was a pvp alternative. Either through Scenarios, cities, or orvr.
I am under no illusion that this is likely to happen. It would be nice to know definitively.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:28 am

nik89 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:37 am I am putting this forward as an alternative. I don't look in the forums often. I wouldn't know if anyone else has said something similar.

I am not interested in guessing the devs purposes, only putting forward an idea and maybe hearing their stance on it directly.

I am not a solo pug. I play with my guild. They run these dungeons often.
I've done plenty of pve in many different mmos. Dungeons, raids, large scale raids; I've done far harder and far easier content.
Avoiding pve isn't the point. The difficulty in getting them isn't the point. Putting BiS equipment behind niche game modes is the point.

This game's main focus is pvp. orvr is the biggest draw. You can look at the 2021 ror trailer(or previous ones) to see that.
Not knowing what it wanted to be was one of the (many) reasons the original game failed.

All I am suggesting, is adding some alternative methods that cater to a wider audience. They can very well be far more laborious methods.
They can keep them in pve with much lower requirements/ time investment; Again that was not the point.

On a personal note(I don't mean to offend):
Indeed, I can't find it in me to do them. Every time I do, I hate it. It's mind numbing.

Like I said, I would personally be glad if there was a pvp alternative. Either through Scenarios, cities, or orvr.
I am under no illusion that this is likely to happen. It would be nice to know definitively.
We made rewards for specific content. If you want the rewards, do the content.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog