Recent Topics

Ads

cities issue

Let's talk about... everything else
Vholrat

Re: cities issue

Post#31 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:28 pm

Wraithedge wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:58 pm
TreefAM wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:16 pm 1) It's an old game, meta is meta, you won't reinvent the wheel.
Just what is the Meta?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta

Ads
Wraithedge

Post#32 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:41 pm

Vholrat wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:28 pm
TreefAM wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:16 pm 1) It's an old game, meta is meta, you won't reinvent the wheel.
Just what is the Meta?
very Ackchually of you.

Ahh the joys of the pedant.

I was more looking for a quick breakdown but I guess there isn't one.

Are assault Shadow Hunters meta? How about DPS Sword Masters?

Skullgrin

Post#33 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:52 pm

Wraithedge wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:58 pm Just what is the Meta?

People tend to use the term 'meta' when what they actually mean is 'conventional wisdom'. It covers a bunch of different aspects of the game from typical mastery and renown setups to how solo, 6 man, and warband groups should be organized.

It covers things like "everyone is stacking crit, so to be effective you have to stack futile strikes to counter it" or "2 slayers in a 6 man group are OP, so that is the only viable setup to use" or "tanks that don't spec the long punt tactic are useless in scenarios". These are just a tiny example of things that people call meta, and you can find them all over on the forum.

The thing is, not everything that people consider to be meta is necessarily right - and it's when you find something that breaks the meta and you can exploit it that the fun comes in. Those times usually happen after a balance patch, and generally cause a lot of tears on the forum. :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

TreefAM

Post#34 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:07 am

Just what is the Meta?
Going by wb build it's double st double aoe parties.
And classwise it's
For tanks it's pretty obvious that you go: 4kobs/chosen 2 IB/BG 2SM/Borc

With dps you are more free to go with a lot of combinations as long as you follow the 2ST 2aoe dps thing: Ideally 2-3 slayers/choppas or aoe maras 1-2BW or Sorc, you can combine WE, WH, SW (both ASW or skirmish) ideally the ST parties are double we + double st mara/ double wh with st WL but you can also go rdps st party

Healers you want : 4doks/wp 2rp/zeal for big ST heals and you want one or two AM or Shamies because they are the best healers in the game if played by people who know what they do.

Every single class has a spot in a warband, but what I meant in that post is that you need to play the meta build for your class, so no focused offence tanks (or divine fury healer like I saw a recent streamer play his RP as and wonder why he doesn't heal), no 2h choppa or slayer because their dmg is garbage and they bring nothing, no solo build jokes where dps runs weird defensive setups that help no one (like slayers running riposte in cities etc...)

TreefAM

Post#35 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:11 am

Wraithedge wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:41 pm
Vholrat wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:28 pm

Just what is the Meta?
very Ackchually of you.

Ahh the joys of the pedant.

I was more looking for a quick breakdown but I guess there isn't one.

Are assault Shadow Hunters meta? How about DPS Sword Masters?
"DPS SM" If by dps SM you mean no FS full str, focused offense bloodlord weapon paper tank build then no. But 2h SMs still can find a spot in a ST party since their support dmg is decent, and like I said above, with dps you are more free, ASW/WL ST parties can work wonders.

vianiznice

Post#36 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:01 am

TreefAM wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:50 pm Why would anyone waste time for 3 royals and a blue bag at best chance when they can just leave and do something else.

Indeed, the call of Ostland is too stronk!

Vholrat

Post#37 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:47 pm

joined city today. 8 ppl left even before first stage began. no consequences for them. THanks for the nice experience. and what is the penalty for them? nothing of course. they wil do all time.
Thanks ror!

Noslock

Post#38 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:15 pm

Not wasting any time in cities.Farmed enough of them with guild and got my 5 sets on 2 chars .If u cant join something organized city is just a waste of time ( most of the time).The few pugs cities i did i always ended with like no heals vs wb full of heals so not a good experience.Plus now that u can get medals from rvr bags and shards from kills city is just a filler .Made like 45 royal medals in 3 and half days by just rolling rvr bags and killing stuff .Ofc whoever joins and leave should be punished but thats not goin to happen.

Ads
Vholrat

Post#39 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:01 pm

Noslock wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:15 pm Ofc whoever joins and leave should be punished but thats not goin to happen.
wonder why...

Brakh

Post#40 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:08 pm

It's often kinda obvious for experienced player to see if there is any point to spend hour of his precious time participating in a pointless effort. No RR, almost no crests for stages, blue bag at best and huge pile of frustration from overall hopelessness.