Recent Topics

Ads

SH changes

Let's talk about... everything else
DonPeyote

SH changes

Post#1 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:28 pm

So was this patch intended to make everyone stop playing mSH? Squigbeast got nerfed so ST burst is out the window especially for ranked. Don't even have a kd now lol. Not sure how that happened. Bounce and Big Bouncin' are basically the same ability now except one is a channel ability. Can't chase anyone down now with only 25% speed increase from Outta My Way. So I guess now mSH is just 2 button aoe spammer with no cc (except a 5s snare)? Strength in Numbas is now useless. (it looks like destro morale pumps in general got nerfed and order got buffed lol - which is a separate discussion - considering that was one thing destro had going for them) So since people thought it was OP, the answer is to make it useless? No chance at winning any 1v1 fights now. Just have to ride the zerg and spam.

I'm just really confused about balancing sometimes... I get that classes need to be tweaked but why run them into the ground in the name of "balance"?
Fuglymane - Shaman rr83; Fuglymang - mSH rr83

Ads
Jusva321

Re: SH changes

Post#2 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:33 pm

they shoud have nerfed rsh more but hit the msh instead :)

DonPeyote

Post#3 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:35 pm

I agree. My biggest thing though tbh is the fact there is no longer melee kd... And instead i have 2 almost identical aoe abilities. This honestly makes me no want to play mSH anymore. It is just a straight up aoe spammer now.

P.S. The more I think about, mSH is literally useless in ranked now. Morale pump got nerfed, no ST burst when there hardly was any to begin with. So the weekly ranked event will be unavailable to mSH now because if I join a ranked match it's basically a throw.

knick

Post#4 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:21 pm

not sure why you think a range class should be as good as a pure melee class in close combat. to be honest it was not on live and it should not be here.
the melee path is to finish the job or give some kind of close defence. the changes to msh be something of their own and have been made for the last few years. so nobody can tell me he start the SH to be a mSH in the beginning. If you like melee play a melee class like all others...

the patch brings back the SH to what it is - a range class. no need to think SH is something special
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

DonPeyote

Post#5 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:37 pm

So every other class can have a viable non-meta build but mSH cannot?

knick

Post#6 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:47 pm

no class can change its playstyle by 100% like a msh could pre patch. A melee dok is still a healer, a sorc is still a range class no matter if aoe or single target and a chosen is still a tank even without shield. why is it okay a SH can be a 100% range class and a 100% melee class
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Sundowner

Post#7 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:54 pm

DonPeyote wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:37 pm So every other class can have a viable non-meta build but mSH cannot?
it is called rSH

DonPeyote

Post#8 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:55 pm

What about assault stance SW? Plus, you speak of aoe vs st specs. rSH cannot aoe. So for a viable aoe build with SH, melee is needed. But when melee build consists of like 6 abilities with no cc, it's absolutely useless. (Also I'm shifting the convo to the patch notes section)

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=45257&p=480432#p480432

Ads
Sundowner

Post#9 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:56 pm

DonPeyote wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:55 pm What about assault stance SW? Plus, you speak of aoe vs st specs. rSH cannot aoe. So for a viable aoe build with SH, melee is needed. But when melee build consists of like 6 abilities with no cc, it's absolutely useless. (Also I'm shifting the convo to the patch notes section)
cd increaser is no cc? same goes for aoe WL, only 1 cc interrupt. This is how these classes are designed, sadly. But having an ST and AOE WL in one tree was not ok for SH at all.

agemennon675

Post#10 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:02 pm

To make it clear for all fellow players on this topic just like ASW not having ANY aoe capabilities= ST only, devs want to make MSH aoe spec AOE only, previously before these changes MSH was viable on both roles and it is changed
Last edited by agemennon675 on Thu May 20, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer