Recent Topics

Ads

Remove Vanquisher as requirement for Invader

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
ByzantineTime
Suspended

Re: Remove Vanquisher as requirement for Invader

Post#21 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:55 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:35 am I read posts like this as, "I can get Invader faster than Vanquisher, please slow down the rate of acquisition so it makes sense and progression is correct again."

I hear you.
I have to agree with OP.
You reach 40 with your merc gear, and the gap is really huge between merc and sov players, and a lot of people are sov geared now.

Thing is Conq is useless, most people just get to rr50 cause they don't want to miss the vanq drops from gold bags and just skipping conqs.

Since annihilator for a lot of classes is also offset for some reason, my suggestion is make conq drop from level 35~ from RVR, that way when people reach 40 they have their conqs at least and won't be stuck in merc.

Ads
wonshot

Post#22 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:03 am

Newcomers should have a slight catch-up mechanic to the first "real" sets with good bonuses, like conq and Vanq. And with gloves + boots being Tradeable, plus prices reduced yearly I honestly feel like new players have a decent enough time investment to put in to getting their "starting" T4 sets, that will carry them during the real grinds for Invader + royal sets.

One thing is not making the geargab too big, so fresh blood is coming into the server and not being too stomped (see zarbix doing just well on Vanq geared chars against pve + city BiS players)
More than Vanq and those "pre-grind" sets becoming even easier, maybe the real "welcome to T4" sets need a little bit of change.

Annihilator on most classes still have those aweful +singleresist-type bonuses, if those sets got a little bit of a rework maybe Fresh players who dont have a main to feed them conq/vanq boots would enjoy those sets even more while lowering the entry T4 level of difference. Changing all of those +reist to an armor bonus or strikethrough would probably be a welcome help to fresh toons as that is usually what the new toons with low RR needs. Some armor, and strikethrough.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

soldude

Post#23 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:22 am

okay delete redeyes an sentinel gear as a requirement to bloodlord. lmao why not? :lol:

Zhentarim

Post#24 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:30 am

Help me understand, how is it really hard getting vanq when you get pieces handed to you with every gold bag?

Sulorie

Post#25 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:35 am

Be active in rvr, run boxes and you will get enough contri to regularly earn bags in order to buy vanq set.
Buy 2 pieces with gold or let guild mates buy them.
It is not that hard.

Then do city to get big chunks of invader currency.
Dying is no option.

abezverkhiy

Post#26 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:50 am

I just got Vanq with reasonable effort. Flags, supplies, kills - and bags kept coming
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

engharat

Post#27 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:08 am

This is virtually a non-existant problem. Getting full vanquisher is SO easy that even without effort you will get full vanq while you have less than 60 invader.
Win 3-4 gold bags from keeps. you will get 2-3 useful vanq pieces. Buy gloves and boots from another player. Buy the remaining 1-2 pieces with medals farmed in lakes. in 4 days you have full vanq.

zumos2

Post#28 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:34 am

engharat wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:08 am This is virtually a non-existant problem. Getting full vanquisher is SO easy that even without effort you will get full vanq while you have less than 60 invader.
Win 3-4 gold bags from keeps. you will get 2-3 useful vanq pieces. Buy gloves and boots from another player. Buy the remaining 1-2 pieces with medals farmed in lakes. in 4 days you have full vanq.
It's super rng based. On my Choppa I'm now close to full invader. I had 4 gold bags, 2 gloves (useless because you can buy them now) and 2 shoulders. Got like 400 vanq medals and still haven't gotten full vanq. They could eliminate the rng by preventing pieces to be in gold bags for which you have an unlock, so you prevent duplicates. Alternatively they could highly increase the amount of vanq medals in a gold bag, so when you get a duplicate, you at least get a lot of vanq medals to help you on the way. Then again, on my AM I was super lucky with the pieces I got in gold bags and I got vanq in no time. Gettings bags is the not the problem, the rng of the bags is something they could look at.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#29 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:25 am

I agree with OP, the gear grind is notorious and lame because for some classes, a lot of gear is kind of bad especially invader

I wish you could send bags to your alts on the same faction so they could pick up the medallions, that'd be nice

EDIT: and the rvr bag drop rate is a bit over the top aswell.. :oops:

lyncher12

Post#30 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:25 pm

Invader should just be buffed because its trash on pretty much everything but shield tanks,choppa/slayer, engineer, rsh. It doesn't make much sense to go from vanquisher, an rr 55 set, to an rr 75 set.