Recent Topics

Ads

Offline Rewards for Cities

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
CountTalabecland

Re: Offline Rewards for Cities

Post#11 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:36 pm

Remember when getting 2-4 royals for defending the pre-fort zone caused everyone to throw mid-zone and turtle at the end-zone repeatedly in Order to maximize their rate of royals and it turned the ORvR system on its head?

You can't give anyone anything for free in this game bc they will abandon the city drudgery in an instant and just AFK.

I hate the feeling of missing cities too but this is a bad idea. There is no better solution than the current state of the ORvR loot system while cities are poorly/randomly balanced and the campaign ORvR lakes are much more fun.

The history of this server leads to me expect people would focus on contribution (see Destro super sonic supply running speed), and it would lead to people trying to leech and not push city as "someone will just do the hard part later." Or, the alternative would be we just see the destro population increase and people zerg cities even harder knowing that all those PvDoor zones are setting them up for more loot down the road.

Hypothetically, if they rewarded you at the city royals rate for your contributions in regular zones, once again no one would push the dumpster fire that are cities. It was a problem on WAR and its a problem here since the best endgame gear rate is locked behind randomly being online during a 5 star city siege.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Leonell

Post#12 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:12 pm

Would abandoning the City drudgery as you put it be such a bad thing ?
You even say they are poorly balanced and ORvR is much more fun ( and I 100% agree! ). Hell, i just went through a Order PUG vs Premade TUP at 3 mins left in the Q timer.

The state of the end game would be much more fun and achievable to most casual players if you could play the content you wanted and still get some reward towards end game gear.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#13 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:27 pm

Leonell wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:12 pm Would abandoning the City drudgery as you put it be such a bad thing ?
You even say they are poorly balanced and ORvR is much more fun ( and I 100% agree! ). Hell, i just went through a Order PUG vs Premade TUP at 3 mins left in the Q timer.

The state of the end game would be much more fun and achievable to most casual players if you could play the content you wanted and still get some reward towards end game gear.
This game isn't casual friendly like newer MMOs. It's just how it's built and we don't deny it.

We made a lot of tuning to hand out rewards more frequently, and have more suitable rewards in bags, and adjusted the contribution several times. Even if we implement your suggestion (which won't be implemented), someone in a month or two will drop a suggestion and say that 1 reward whilst being offline is not enough, we need more.

Wam

Post#14 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:34 pm

Leonell wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:12 pm Would abandoning the City drudgery as you put it be such a bad thing ?

It was alliance premade, not just TUP but i get your point, I wasnt there but helped organise before hand... they was qued long time waiting for order premades

You get medals for losing, and bags, bags are rng and probably the most important part... on the bright side its over fast

If you was on destro side there was chance of no city, and no loser medals or bags. Which im sure is more frustrating than losing a city instance you are expected to lose.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Leonell

Post#15 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:19 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:27 pm

This game isn't casual friendly like newer MMOs. It's just how it's built and we don't deny it.

We made a lot of tuning to hand out rewards more frequently, and have more suitable rewards in bags, and adjusted the contribution several times. Even if we implement your suggestion (which won't be implemented), someone in a month or two will drop a suggestion and say that 1 reward whilst being offline is not enough, we need more.
I simply do not understand your philosophy behind giving offline rewards for T1-4 sieges yet 100% writing off a City equivalent. Something is always better than nothing.

How about a survey to gauge the feedback?
I truly believe that the response will be in favour of implementing a City token for Both Order and Destro if you have missed it due to time zones, or under/over population as Wam has stated. Catering to your player base and supporting an idea/concept that has a popular vote is not a bad thing.

Especially if it caters to more casual players - Dying to full sov WB's is not fun when the possibility of you getting the same gear is unreachable.
It makes people scream "imbalance" which is becoming more and more evident as i have played this game on and off for a while now - the "imbalance", the majority of the time, comes from the gear disparity of casual vs loyal players.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#16 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:55 pm

Leonell wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:19 pm I simply do not understand your philosophy behind giving offline rewards for T1-4 sieges yet 100% writing off a City equivalent. Something is always better than nothing.
You push a zone, you contribute, you log out, you get the reward for something you did hours ago.
What you're suggesting is to get rewarded when a city is triggered, while you're offline, for something you've already been rewarded for (pushing zones).
Leonell wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:19 pm How about a survey to gauge the feedback?
I truly believe that the response will be in favour of implementing a City token for Both Order and Destro if you have missed it due to time zones, or under/over population as Wam has stated. Catering to your player base and supporting an idea/concept that has a popular vote is not a bad thing.

Especially if it caters to more casual players - Dying to full sov WB's is not fun when the possibility of you getting the same gear is unreachable.
As much as I like to push for surveys and community-shaped decisions, this is simply not a decision to be taken by the community, as it involves extra rewards/shorter endgame lifespan. It's how the game is and how we approach it, with the current ideology, there won't be extra offline rewards.

The game's RvR campaign is fully driven by the players, you will have to come up with other strategies. You don't even need Sov to compete in RvR. Do not play the game to only gear yourself, you will get burned fast.

Leonell

Post#17 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:50 am

The reason you play a PvP exclusive MMO is to gear yourself and improve your character. Once you achieve "Max Gear" you can then look to improve your gameplay and class builds more effectively.
If you believe there is another reason to play, please share it.

If you are insistent that gear is not a reason to play, why the extreme hesitation to achieve a geared player base. There are COUNTLESS full Sov characters that still play the game, so lifespan is certainly not effected as you state.

If you could explain the ideology you mentioned to the player base maybe we can understand and accept the decision more readily.

But as it currently stands, the explanation of "don't play a gear focused MMO for gear" is unacceptable.
Fundamentally my solution and focus was on rewarding factions on achieving milestones while you are offline that you helped to achieve.