Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Nekkma

Re: I'm going to be blunt - Squig Herder is absolutely broken.

Post#31 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:34 am

They should never have been given ranged kd to begin with. Ranged kd always was a bullshit skill but it was tolerable given it was on a subpar class in SW (not counting morale abilities here).

Rsh seem fine in groupfight but less so smaller engagements. I think balance is off when a sh do more burst during their kd than a assassin type class like WE (this is my experience playing an AM in vanq). From range and unkitable no less. WE, WH and WL seem very lackluster in comparison.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Ysaran

Post#32 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:52 am

Ok, so. I read your post and... I'm not convinced. I don't have an opinion about SH, neither melee or ranged, but what you wrote seem a bit biased (knowing your story here on the forum) and I don't know what to believe.
The SS prove nothing I fear. If you want to prove a any point, you have to use dummy/training construct, hard formula and video where you hit a test player of known equipment/spec.
Also, Devs don't care about this kind of comparison (Rampeg-nerf post docet). They care about inter-realm balance, i.e. how a class perform compared with other classe of the same realm having the same role. You shoud try to prove that rSH outperform Sorc/Magu or that mSH outperform Choppa/Mara/WE.
Zputadenti

Snowhawk

Post#33 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:16 am

When you are 1sec in range of an E and set ONE* DOT (flare) on you overall 8k dmg, you know, that is something wrong with Big shooting SH. Or with the E.
MY Poison Arrer use 2 Tacticslots (1 ignore armore, 1 for 2 sec) and make 1400dmg in 2 seconds... Great showdown :D

rHS BS must be buffed compare to other rDPS in this game. But the devs got afraid.

Sulorie

Post#34 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:26 am

Snowhawk wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:16 am When you are 1sec in range of an E and set ONE* DOT (flare) on you overall 8k dmg, you know, that is something wrong with Big shooting SH. Or with the E.
MY Poison Arrer use 2 Tacticslots (1 ignore armore, 1 for 2 sec) and make 1400dmg in 2 seconds... Great showdown :D

rHS BS must be buffed compare to other rDPS in this game. But the devs got afraid.
Dots usually deal more damage than instant casts. You should get the dot cleansed.
Dying is no option.

Neverever

Post#35 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:44 am

teiloh wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:22 pm
Neverever wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:17 pm
teiloh wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:04 pm Did you read? That's the damage of the pet alone - I did nothing but detaunt and command the pet.
And how do you explain dying 2 times while just sending your pet and detaunting ? it is obvious SHs make you unhappy but the way to deal with it is not making childish posts on forum but learning how to deal with them. I have doubts but lets say what you put in front of us have a slight truth in it, then killing or detaunting the pet would basically solve your problem. Your welcome
I died twice because I ran into the middle of Order just to be funny a few times. Well, to AOE snare them off the healers but still. My Squig Herder did no damage, the Squig pet did all the damage.

The damage of the pet was to make the point that it has no business granting passives that are more powerful than Scout stance abilities. This you would have understood if you actually read the text instead of rushing to defend an overpowered class that a number of devs themselves have said they are concerned about.
Just because you can't personally deal with a certain class doesn't make a class overpowered, at least not outside of your personal wonderland. I don't believe your SS and statements and I have every reason to be doubtful about them since you are one of the few people that cry for SH nerfs under every possible thread. I guess Devs have their own ability to express themselves if they had such concerns. In the end of the day, they are the responsible lot for all these changes. Your post is yet another desperate and childish attempt to provoke orderlings with bias to support your personal cause.

Sundowner

Post#36 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:46 am

Neverever wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:44 am
Neverever wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:17 pm

And how do you explain dying 2 times while just sending your pet and detaunting ? it is obvious SHs make you unhappy but the way to deal with it is not making childish posts on forum but learning how to deal with them. I have doubts but lets say what you put in front of us have a slight truth in it, then killing or detaunting the pet would basically solve your problem. Your welcome
I died twice because I ran into the middle of Order just to be funny a few times. Well, to AOE snare them off the healers but still. My Squig Herder did no damage, the Squig pet did all the damage.

The damage of the pet was to make the point that it has no business granting passives that are more powerful than Scout stance abilities. This you would have understood if you actually read the text instead of rushing to defend an overpowered class that a number of devs themselves have said they are concerned about.
Just because you can't personally deal with a certain class doesn't make a class overpowered, at least not outside of your personal wonderland. I don't believe your SS and statements and I have every reason to be doubtful about them since you are one of the few people that cry for SH nerfs under every possible thread. I guess Devs have their own ability to express themselves if they had such concerns. In the end of the day, they are the responsible lot for all these changes. Your post is yet another desperate and childish attempt to provoke orderlings with bias to support your personal cause.
Literally no one can deal with SH nowadays dude :mrgreen:

Neverever

Post#37 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:53 am

Nekkma wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:34 am They should never have been given ranged kd to begin with. Ranged kd always was a bullshit skill but it was tolerable given it was on a subpar class in SW (not counting morale abilities here).

Rsh seem fine in groupfight but less so smaller engagements. I think balance is off when a sh do more burst during their kd than a assassin type class like WE (this is my experience playing an AM in vanq). From range and unkitable no less. WE, WH and WL seem very lackluster in comparison.
SO it was tolerable when only 2 order classes had it and not when given one to the destro side with 65ft ? Not happy to deal a bullshit which has always been there for Destro then ? Epitome of bias? Exaggerations don't make thing more real just to make you know.

Neverever

Post#38 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:55 am

Sundowner wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:46 am

Yet again the same whiners supporting each other in every thread...

Ads
Sundowner

Post#39 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:57 am

Neverever wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:55 am
Sundowner wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:46 am

Yet again the same whiners supporting each other in every thread...
Yet again same destro fanboys supporting everything that destro has disregarding faction balance. see?

But make no mistake, we are not like each other at all, because when order had 90% winrate in forts, I supported changes, because continual winrate of one side of this magnitude couldn't have possibly been player issue.

While all your posts are basically telling people they need l2p, not giving any good arguments or data at all.
Last edited by Sundowner on Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

teiloh

Post#40 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:06 am

Ysaran wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:52 am Ok, so. I read your post and... I'm not convinced. I don't have an opinion about SH, neither melee or ranged, but what you wrote seem a bit biased (knowing your story here on the forum) and I don't know what to believe.
The SS prove nothing I fear. If you want to prove a any point, you have to use dummy/training construct, hard formula and video where you hit a test player of known equipment/spec.
Also, Devs don't care about this kind of comparison (Rampeg-nerf post docet). They care about inter-realm balance, i.e. how a class perform compared with other classe of the same realm having the same role. You shoud try to prove that rSH outperform Sorc/Magu or that mSH outperform Choppa/Mara/WE.
You should read it again, because the screenshot is only a part of concern #3. It goes to show that the squig pet does good enough damage that it should not provide a better passive than a dedicated stance.
Last edited by teiloh on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.