Recent Topics

Ads

Do people play pve??

Let's talk about... everything else
VindicoAtrum

Re: Do people play pve??

Post#1 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:33 pm

Not many quest/pve the levelling journey because you end up with low renown rank and a disadvantage until you catch up. That said, pve grinding is the fastest way to hit 40. Endgame pve is played for the gear sets and not much else - there's no competition on firsts, speed etc.

Ads
Meliannia

Post#2 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:48 pm

i find questing and zone exploration interesting,
completed all Elven quests from moonrise tower to isle of dead, TWICE, with xp reduce scrolls when pvp was dead or needed a break, scenery is beautiful and killing Drow never tired me, only issue was maybe 28 of the elf quests are bugged to hell, u need log out log in to fix them or kill same npc 19 times til game realaise s u killed him, or stand on an exact blade of grass to get the quest recognition, only 1 was broken tho that was a PQ where 7 pillars dont work and only 1 does
i also completed the empire zones every quest from start spot all way to Chaos wastes, nowhere near as enjoyable as elf quest, zones were cold and uninspiring, and many quest broken or bugged esp the epic quest chain which i think they fixed a bit back to be fair

cant bear dorfs or dorf zones so not done any of those.

'Swords In the Wind."

The Mel.

catholicism198

Post#3 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:30 pm

No. Pve has never been very entertaining in this game.
You might seen 2-3 people occasionally doing a public quest to level, but not much else. Public quests do not have the transition animations/personality that they did on live, so they’re pretty bland and all feel the same.

RR doesn’t matter as much as people make out to be as a fresh 40. You’ll still be face stomped, but 90% of the time you’ll be in a large ball group where numbers matter more than RR. It’s very easy to leech and catch up.
Scenarios are the only place where you’ll actually see a difference, but, as I said, you’ll been stomped by rr80 sob groups regardless.

lyncher12

Post#4 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:51 pm

theres 0 reason to do pqs to level when its slow and overall a detriment because RR is what is important.

Tothmonra

Post#5 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:12 am

I still prefer to level threw the quests an public quests, While rvr is fun at times its also boring after a while if that is all you do. That being said I come from the old table top playing days an having stuff to talk about while you play was always fun. So I spend alot of time working on my char actual story adding to it as I go. I do not play just to fight an do pvp all the time I have tons of games that I can play that do that just as well, To me its the lore of the warhammer world that has always been the big selling point to me plus I see it you can play this game any way you want from straight up rvr to a mix its all about how you want to approach it. So bottom line enjoy what you want of it.

DirkDaring

Post#6 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:15 am

lyncher12 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:51 pm theres 0 reason to do pqs to level when its slow and overall a detriment because RR is what is important.

Maybe , however doing PQ are useful for getting cool looking Appearance gear, but other than that most don't do them often, I`d wait until 40 then go back and grind the PQ for appearance items.

Lairs are fun to do as well as Dungeons which are done for armor sets, pve talisman ring, weapons etc . just like on live.

Land of the dead, Tomb of Vulture lord, Lost Vale when they are added, along with city Dungeons, Bastion Stairs, Gunbad etc. now that are in game.

anarchypark

Post#7 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:28 am

quest story line is solo contents i think.
PQ is grp based but solo can complete it with high lvl.
ppl join PQ when it's highlighted on map.
influence rewards are easiest way to get leveling gear.

dungeons are pve end contents, highend crafting materials farming place.
also pve gear set is easier than pvp set to collect.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)