Recent Topics

Ads

do we have a balance problem?

Let's talk about... everything else
Onigokko0101

Re: do we have a balance problem?

Post#111 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:53 am

vobex16 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:44 pm Now its a destro server,order permanently have AAO in EU time, if devs nothing to do with that, server will be dying imao. Order solo roam is dead, small scale is dead, also 6ppl dead tho, Order can play only RDD classes because play a meele classes its a quick way to die. So....we
already have many leaving Ordel players,i know many of them for example. PPl leave this progect or do reroll on dessie side.(And i dont talk now about OP classes like a shamans who can runaway from 5 and more ppl in half DD spec its just rofl or rSquig Herder for example.) Ppl see that and leave progect naturally.
Wait, so the server will die because Order is AAO now? What about all the times Order heavily outnumbed Destro? That was healthy? lol
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ads
teiloh

Post#112 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:54 am

emiliorv wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:00 am Lets resume:
1- well 18 man its not a "organized wb"
2-you got 6 puggers with no healers (probably without tanks too and probably crappy class/rr/gear)....1 group without heals its a free kill, they wiped in first clash and that means a perma 18 vs 24
3-"Cooldown reducers" => they have only 1 choppa, and probably only 1 BO for grp at max. Only 1 destro group have double cd reducer in best case, and only 1 mSH benefit from that double cd reducer, the other 4mSHs/sorc/magus only have acces to 1 cd reducer => same of any order grp who runs with 1 SM.....you even have 1 SM each grp?

Are you trying to argue that 1 mSH getting 2x CD reducer (in best case) is what made your 18+pug wb fail?? when you have 1 grp without any healer...rly? if you really believe that you lose that city due to destro imbalance...rly dont know what to say...
BO CD reducer requiring no target means it can have true 50/50 uptime, without requiring closing, finding a target silence doesn't give a free immunity to, and landing two hits. Depending on how unlucky with CC you get, SMs can take up to 7-10 seconds to get CD reducer going. And since it's on melees, Chop/BO CD reducer requiring no target means a saved GCD. An SM will need to use up two GCDs to get 20s WW uptime, a Choppa effectively uses 0.

This is bad because if you have to drop your CDs (like on EOV/FOTG, Anni/DC) you get cycled out of 40-50% of Whispering Wind's uptime. And a BO can easily get the whole group while an SM will often not because they have to push and Order backline has to pull.

Orgruk

Post#113 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:41 am

adapter wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:20 pm Cities are not meant to be balanaced, in fact, cities are the most unbalanced thing out of this game. Best thing it can happen is that you stop needing to farm Royals so you stop playing cities and just worry about playing the aspect of the game you enjoy playing and not an awful one that you need to play because of gear. So yeah, stop playing cities feels awesome.
Just what he said.
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Satius

Post#114 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:24 am

This happens from time to time when the assembled warbands, strong warband leaders and guilds change sides. Order dominated and conquered in this spring, in the summer destruction prevailed and won, it was the order again in the fall and now we see again the predominance of destruction. The side with the largest population always has the
advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are that it's easier to push siege to the city and gather strong warbands. The disadvantages are that the queues grow and there are problems with getting the pop to the capital, scenarios, etc.
In fact, it was the first 100% destro-won capital in several months. Well. That happens.
I was there too, we hardly gathered a strong warband, had a difficult battle, but defeated a worthy opponent.
But this is not always the case. We lost regularly for several months. And you know what? We considered it our own problem! And we worked to improve our units, skills, communications, etc.
I know, it is hurt for players like me who always play one side, when your side regulary loose, but this is temporary and then will change.
And this is the meaning of the game. Constant easy wins would make it less interesting.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#115 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:35 am

teiloh wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:54 am
emiliorv wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:00 am Lets resume:
1- well 18 man its not a "organized wb"
2-you got 6 puggers with no healers (probably without tanks too and probably crappy class/rr/gear)....1 group without heals its a free kill, they wiped in first clash and that means a perma 18 vs 24
3-"Cooldown reducers" => they have only 1 choppa, and probably only 1 BO for grp at max. Only 1 destro group have double cd reducer in best case, and only 1 mSH benefit from that double cd reducer, the other 4mSHs/sorc/magus only have acces to 1 cd reducer => same of any order grp who runs with 1 SM.....you even have 1 SM each grp?

Are you trying to argue that 1 mSH getting 2x CD reducer (in best case) is what made your 18+pug wb fail?? when you have 1 grp without any healer...rly? if you really believe that you lose that city due to destro imbalance...rly dont know what to say...
BO CD reducer requiring no target means it can have true 50/50 uptime, without requiring closing, finding a target silence doesn't give a free immunity to, and landing two hits. Depending on how unlucky with CC you get, SMs can take up to 7-10 seconds to get CD reducer going. And since it's on melees, Chop/BO CD reducer requiring no target means a saved GCD. An SM will need to use up two GCDs to get 20s WW uptime, a Choppa effectively uses 0.

This is bad because if you have to drop your CDs (like on EOV/FOTG, Anni/DC) you get cycled out of 40-50% of Whispering Wind's uptime. And a BO can easily get the whole group while an SM will often not because they have to push and Order backline has to pull.

SMs can take up to 7-10 seconds to get CD reducer going => SM dont have the ability to change plan/stance like BO?? i think so...dont spread misinformation, or at least learn the basics before claim for balance...
Detangler wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:07 pm Even mediocre BO and SM players know you can stance dance to get to perfect balance before you get the first hit off. Stop saying "It takes multiple hits to get WW off" just cause you have never played the class past tier 1 and are looking it up on career builder. In an imperfect beginning clash where you are suddenly jumped on by the enemy you hit stance dance, (improved balance ability), then WW. At most its one global cooldown before WW is off. Its not the end of the world.

I am complete dog turds on my SM and even I can pull it off.

Sundowner

Post#116 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:43 am

Again, having to hit a target and giving immunities (SM) vs just casting without target (BO,+ choppa has cd decreaser) is a huge difference in favour of destro and defending it is just being blind

Gurf

Post#117 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:47 am

Satius wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:24 am This happens from time to time when the assembled warbands, strong warband leaders and guilds change sides. Order dominated and conquered in this spring, in the summer destruction prevailed and won, it was the order again in the fall and now we see again the predominance of destruction. The side with the largest population always has the
advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are that it's easier to push siege to the city and gather strong warbands. The disadvantages are that the queues grow and there are problems with getting the pop to the capital, scenarios, etc.
In fact, it was the first 100% destro-won capital in several months. Well. That happens.
I was there too, we hardly gathered a strong warband, had a difficult battle, but defeated a worthy opponent.
But this is not always the case. We lost regularly for several months. And you know what? We considered it our own problem! And we worked to improve our units, skills, communications, etc.
I know, it is hurt for players like me who always play one side, when your side regulary loose, but this is temporary and then will change.
And this is the meaning of the game. Constant easy wins would make it less interesting.
Thing is when Order dominated RvR a few months back the best they got was 50% City win rate, maybe once or twice 55%. I didn't see them get 70% even once let alone anywhere near 100%. When they got just 50% win rate is when loads of people started to complain about Slayers, that is how sad it is, in 9 months of game time I had been playing Order got the slight upper hand once in that time and people starting out crying out for nerfs straight away like it was a crisis. But now Destro are getting 100% wins and regular 80% wins "everything is fine" "get good"

Satius

Post#118 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:09 am

Gurf wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:47 am Thing is when Order dominated RvR a few months back the best they got was 50% City win rate, maybe once or twice 55%. I didn't see them get 70% even once let alone anywhere near 100%. When they got just 50% win rate is when loads of people started to complain about Slayers, that is how sad it is, in 9 months of game time I had been playing Order got the slight upper hand once in that time and people starting out crying out for nerfs straight away like it was a crisis. But now Destro are getting 100% wins and regular 80% wins "everything is fine" "get good"
It is just one and first 100% destro-win and it doesn't prove anything. It says only what in those time more hard-destro-players cuold play.
Why do we not talk about domination of order few month back? 50% win rate looks balanced, isn't it?

Ok. Lets think about that - city is always max one warband. So it isn't about population. Only about squad composition.
If the destro is OP, how could it be what I loose 2 last cities from 4 in strong organized warband 2-2-2 vs 2-2-2?
Why 4 out of 5 of my capitals always are hard challenging?

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#119 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:45 am

I will say it again as I’ve said it since April 2020. Order quit que’n for city. If ur que’n just to get loser royals then u deserve this outcome, over ,and over and over again.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

VindicoAtrum

Post#120 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:54 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:45 am I will say it again as I’ve said it since April 2020. Order quit que’n for city. If ur que’n just to get loser royals then u deserve this outcome, over ,and over and over again.
Easy for those with sov to say. The rest of us either 1) get sov a whole lot slower without them loser royals (and chance at loser bags) or 2) queue up, turn around, bend over. I'll take the latter until I'm done with sov, then never queue for that **** again.