Recent Topics

Ads

IB Time Management proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Sinisterror

Re: IB Time Management proposal

Post#21 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:08 am

Earthcake wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:31 am I don't understand where this "10% crit buff is omg op, u ll be able to apply it on everybody !!!!" mentality comes from.
Especially coming from BGs that applies a debuff on EVERYBODY that makes them 10% more likely to be crit, while doing aoe dmg in the process and reducing wounds on some of them.

IB buff only buffs the IB, which most of the time is snb, and another guy :
SnB IB DPS = 150 (roughly)
10% crit = +4.2% DPS (roughly)
We are talking about a MASSIVE +6DPS (single target, not even aoe since IBs aren t really known for their aoes)

So we can disregard that buff on the IB himself. Kotbs, Chosens, BGs all got same buffs/debuffs that applies to many more ppl passively or using one skill that also provides something else.

Which is the whole point of my op in the 1st place, it takes IBs alot more time to get a fraction of what other tanks get.
Agreed. Imo IB should get Grudge on hit and crit buff and parry buff at least 15 seconds long AND these things need to goddamn stack, like debuffs should stack as well. I have Rank 40 bg rr 24 and just with full ruin gear and 1 tactic i can get 1000 toughness permanently on bg, no rugged, no tougness talismans or renown points on toughness. Also bg toughness buff heals you which is great.

I would like that IB (and bg) would get same oathfriend buffs on Guard target. So if you are guarding lets say witch hunter and oathfriend on slayer they would both get the oathfriend buffs so at least that way ib is buffin himself and guard target + oathfriend target. Maybe with some tactic Oathfriend dmg gets 25 % guard effect so they can guard 2 people at the same time, but other is 25 % not 50 % but this would reguire guard changes reverted. This next idea is not about ib/bg but SM/BO. These tanks get cool bellow effects to whole grp but its boring that only 1 can be used. Lets say if you used stat steal bellow and wanted to change to wounds buff, the stat steal bellow should linger for the next 12 seconds with 20 second cooldown when u change bellows so you can use effects of 2 bellows for 12 seconds and 8 seconds you are only using 1. Kinda like old aura's on chosen and kotbs but not that op and no 3 just 2 and like 60 % of the time you can have effects of 2. Sry about rant=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Sponn
Suspended

Post#22 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:26 am

more IB love please

abezverkhiy

Post#23 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:21 am

Earthcake wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:31 am I don't understand where this "10% crit buff is omg op, u ll be able to apply it on everybody !!!!" mentality comes from.
Especially coming from BGs that applies a debuff on EVERYBODY that makes them 10% more likely to be crit, while doing aoe dmg in the process and reducing wounds on some of them.

IB buff only buffs the IB, which most of the time is snb, and another guy :
SnB IB DPS = 150 (roughly)
10% crit = +4.2% DPS (roughly)
We are talking about a MASSIVE +6DPS (single target, not even aoe since IBs aren t really known for their aoes)

So we can disregard that buff on the IB himself. Kotbs, Chosens, BGs all got same buffs/debuffs that applies to many more ppl passively or using one skill that also provides something else.

Which is the whole point of my op in the 1st place, it takes IBs alot more time to get a fraction of what other tanks get.
Very well said.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Arbich
Suspended

Post#24 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:42 am

kmark101 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:13 pm
- it's damage shield works versus all damage while the IB's only vs magic damage (why? shouldn't be the balance to work only vs physical damage, if the IB's only work vs magical damage?)
Isn´t this the strong part about it?
Its been a while since I last tested absorb (devs changed it back and forth), but the "only works against magical dmg" is what makes IB absorb so good.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ysaran

Post#25 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:11 pm

Arbich wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:42 am
kmark101 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:13 pm
- it's damage shield works versus all damage while the IB's only vs magic damage (why? shouldn't be the balance to work only vs physical damage, if the IB's only work vs magical damage?)
Isn´t this the strong part about it?
Its been a while since I last tested absorb (devs changed it back and forth), but the "only works against magical dmg" is what makes IB absorb so good.
Also because who cares if your oathfriends is subject to physical damage. He has guard (prolly) and +25% parry
Zputadenti

Rapzel

Post#26 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:19 pm

Disclaimer; play both careers.

Recent changes/improvements made IB a stronger WB career. I understand that a lot of people feel that IB to a certain degree feels outdated, I do feel the same to a certain degree, not as strongly though.
BG is one of the best 6vs6 tanks, but at the same time it is probably the worst out of all tanks in Warbands specialized only on strong pushes and if you bring one to a city warband you bring it to your single target group to debuff careers.
IB on the other hand has access to tools such as "Told Ya so", "Avenging the Debt", "Ancestor's fury" and "Oathbound".
My opinion of IB is that it is a tankier and more utility oriented career than BG is and that it to a certain degree is quite "fine", there are issues such as how the Paths lack alignment (I.E, there's debuffs/buffs/damage abilities in each of the Paths) while BG feels more aligned to the Path it plays.

Making all of the changes such as increasing punt range AND giving grudge on hit would make the career too strong.
Playing with the thought of giving IB a longer punt with a tactic e.g. I feel that I would probably not sacrifice some of the great tactics they already have access too for it, and I don't know if I want a 20 sec cd on IB punt either.

I feel that the first thing is to actually rework and align the Paths so that they are more consistent than they are now, is where to start and THEN see if IB still feels outdated.

ashton007

Post#27 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:31 pm

I think its silly at this point to act like mirroring is out of the question. Hell, they just gave kobs everything a chosen has. We can sit and act like the 10% crit buff doesn't deserve to be longer duration because you don't want it spread to your group, meanwhile knight and bg can both use theirs for their ENITRE WARBAND and anyone outside their group even. kobs and bg do this without breaking a sweat and IB has to sit and juggle buffs that don't stack or arent as good as what others can bring. So on top of the shitty time management IB has almost no debuffs, buffs that don't stack, laughable damage. The only real thing ib brings to the table is the parry buff.

yoluigi

Post#28 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:26 am

Hopefully someday to give some buff duration to help rotations for the class.

Ads
detrap

Post#29 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:56 am

ashton007 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:31 pm I think its silly at this point to act like mirroring is out of the question. Hell, they just gave kobs everything a chosen has. We can sit and act like the 10% crit buff doesn't deserve to be longer duration because you don't want it spread to your group, meanwhile knight and bg can both use theirs for their ENITRE WARBAND and anyone outside their group even. kobs and bg do this without breaking a sweat and IB has to sit and juggle buffs that don't stack or arent as good as what others can bring. So on top of the shitty time management IB has almost no debuffs, buffs that don't stack, laughable damage. The only real thing ib brings to the table is the parry buff.
The best group AP pump, the best single target shattered limbs, aoe snare, 50% heal debuff, armour debuff, crit + strength buff, ini + parry buff, the best guard damaging avoidance ability in the game, I could probably keep going, oathfriend buffs can be used out of party/warband. The skills are great, the issue is the time wasted just punching your first in the air for most of the fight if you want to apply everything.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Ysaran

Post#30 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:12 am

detrap wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:56 am
ashton007 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:31 pm I think its silly at this point to act like mirroring is out of the question. Hell, they just gave kobs everything a chosen has. We can sit and act like the 10% crit buff doesn't deserve to be longer duration because you don't want it spread to your group, meanwhile knight and bg can both use theirs for their ENITRE WARBAND and anyone outside their group even. kobs and bg do this without breaking a sweat and IB has to sit and juggle buffs that don't stack or arent as good as what others can bring. So on top of the shitty time management IB has almost no debuffs, buffs that don't stack, laughable damage. The only real thing ib brings to the table is the parry buff.
The best group AP pump, the best single target shattered limbs, aoe snare, 50% heal debuff, armour debuff, crit + strength buff, ini + parry buff, the best guard damaging avoidance ability in the game, I could probably keep going, oathfriend buffs can be used out of party/warband. The skills are great, the issue is the time wasted just punching your first in the air for most of the fight if you want to apply everything.
Also crimson death is a 13pt ability that require a 2h weaps, while Ancestor fury is 5pt and has no requirement
Zputadenti