Recent Topics

Ads

Developer Musings: An Explanation of Recent Occurances & How We'll Fix Them

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Developer Musings: An Explanation of Recent Occurances & How We'll Fix Them

Post#41 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:23 pm

If you want to optimize the use of this tactic then you'll need additional crit rate in order for it to proc more reliably. There are a limited number of mastery tree slots that can be used and as a defensive buff it's fine in the middle tree. It's low enough that you can pick it up as an option with 2h if you want to. I know it must be really hard for some classes to have so many good tactics they might have to choose between them.

Keep in mind this replaced the -AP tactic that was entirely useless. You're complaining about something that doesn't need to exist. If you don't like the option don't use it.

Also the other thing, Oppression is clearly a defensive buff, it refers to a shield slam, and it's in the shield tree. The icon for Vigilance is literally a picture of a shield. We understand there is a desire to keep all of the defensive buffs while using an offensive two-handed spec.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
sharpblader

Post#42 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:24 pm

Rydiak wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:42 pm Oof, one step forward, two steps back. Why put a shield requirement on Vigilance? It functions differently from Oppression, so why does it have to mirror its gear requirements? Plus, with Chosen as the "offensive mirror", Knight is seen as the "defensive mirror". So why make it harder for Knights to use their defensive abilities?

Even less build diversity for Knights who want to wield a greatweapon now, all in the same patch where you try to increase build diversity for Chosens.
+1

I don't understand why make it require a shield when the -25% damage done during the duration of the buff was put there to keep the offensive KotBS in check.

Charon

Post#43 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:25 pm

Rasenmeister wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:55 pm "Any time you critically hit an enemy"

excuse me, but do you represent the critical hit from the SHIELD tank?

This is completely pointless - the shield tank never implements this tactic.
If we take into account the DPS build, then almost no one uses this tree

the chosen has nothing in the first tree in order to Buff group - (unlike cotbs) - it turns out pointless

Based on my experience playing DPS and Shield Chosen and communicating with my colleagues - I think the following would be ideal -

"Any time you receive critical damage, all members of your group within 100 feet, except you, will gain a blessing that reduces their chance to be critically hit by 15% for 5 seconds"

this will be the best option to counter a order stack of crits

Order rdps have many crits, meleetrain of slayers in meta have lot dps ignore defence.

Let chosen be good tank in wb
i would say max 13 which its number of DT and LS combined (overpowering swing is balanced by crimson strike in favour for destro) and it will counter tc buff from not only 1 class but stack of 2
.AND how do you want balance it... I know the way ..
Destro have access to 2 ondemand stackable cooldown decreasers - when order have only one which required hit provide immunities etc ... So BO should lose WAAAGH or order should get 2 ability like that for example for AM which need some love anyway.
Last edited by Charon on Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#44 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:28 pm

Secrets wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:03 pm affected far too many players, especially those classes like White Lion or Slayer who do not have high critical hit chances to begin with, let alone tanks which suffer in the same way.
So, "low crit classes" are more affected??.. low crit classes have less probability to land a critical hit on a tank...so is expected that get cursed less often. Since are "low crit classes" their dps relies more on raw dmg than crits, so really dont get why that classes are more affected. I expect that BW is the most affected class with his high %crit rate...

Specialpatrol

Post#45 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:29 pm

So while some are discussing the extend of the adjusted buffs to Chosen, some of us are simply fighting to keep KotBS from getting further nerfed.

Can we get some sort of response to the several objections already raised in this thread, regarding the (unneeded) shield requirement to Vigilance, please? Striking this unnecessary and and unwanted requirement would be much appreciated.

Also, if Chosen is getting a way to essentially debuff the crit buffs KotBS can give (and shouldn't it only be 5%, if meant as a counter to DT?), maybe you should also consider adding morale building tactic to KotBS.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

farng84

Post#46 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:30 pm

WARChosen wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:20 pm
Hi folks, Secrets here.
We are going to make the following changes:
Chosen:
-Corruptive Power: Reverted, changed to "Any time you critically hit an enemy, all members of your group within 100 feet, except you, will gain a blessing that reduces their chance to be critically hit by 10% for 5 seconds." This ability can be refreshed by re-activating it, similar to Knight's Dirty Tricks. This ability can be severed from any group members it is applied to.
If i may ask why Corruptive Power work on crit in defensive tree when Demonclaw work on parry in offensive tree ---->????

While I agree that yesterday version of the tactic was OP and needed amending the new version is not good. While it is true that it works in a way similar to Knight's dirty tricks it activates on crit done by the chosen (which is a very remote chance), while the KOTBS tactic activates after a successful block (which is likely to give it an almost constant uptime).
That severely affects the usefulness of Corruptive Power, which at the moment is inferior to Dirty Tricks.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#47 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:32 pm

StrongUn wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:17 pm
GamesBond wrote: Due to overwhelming negative feedback, the balance team is reviewing the change...
For sure "forum feedback"...less than 9h of patchnotes was posted delen confirmed a rework...and less than 24h is totally reverted, not tuned down...totally changed...

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#48 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:34 pm

This is unbelievably idiotic, to say the least.

Why turn Corruptive Power into an OFFENSIVE tactic (requiring you to crit the enemy now) while remaining in the TANK tree for Chosen?

Revert the changes back to the original change but lessen the % maybe? 10%? 15%?

EDIT: Also, now it doesn't apply to the Chosen himself? Hahahaha. Funny joke. Right?
Last edited by Oglaf on Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#49 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:36 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:49 pm this change to to corruptive power makes it very likely to be overpowered in 6v6 by the way.
We're aware. Will be keeping an eye on its percentage and duration, especially in AOE situations with Blast Wave and Rending Blade - we want to avoid huge amounts of uptime on it, and minimize the need for shatter.

As posted in the OP, we aren't committed to changes we make - ever - and an MMORPG is a constantly evolving world full of changes, and balance is just as important to us as lore and identity are. Going forward, we'd prefer to keep discussions in the patch notes, but this is a special case that needs special addressing.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#50 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:37 pm

Oglaf wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:34 pm This is unbelievably idiotic, to say the least.

Why turn Corruptive Power into an OFFENSIVE tactic (requiring you to crit the enemy now) while remaining in the TANK tree for Chosen?

Revert the changes back to the original change but lessen the % maybe? 10%? 15%?

EDIT: Also, now it doesn't apply to the Chosen himself? Hahahaha. Funny joke. Right?
It provides defensive benefit to your team. That's why it's in the defensive tree.