Recent Topics

Ads

T2

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

T2

Post#1 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:33 pm

As there is now talk of t2 being on the horizon. Thought I would post something I said years ago on the live forums.

One of the big problems with the lower tiers in war was running off to empty zones for easy locks. I always believed that as a large-scale rvr game war should only have a single zone open for capture in t2 and t3. Each zone should be able to be leveled but keeps only unlock when that zone is active.

You would still get skirmishes in the other zones but no more abandoning one zone merry go round to cap an empty keep in the other.

On a off note I thought this should also happen with pqs with them unlocking one by one through a zone. War needs measures to funnel players together.
Last edited by Telen on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Luth

Re: T2

Post#2 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:34 pm

I thought the same, when i played on the old servers.

Azarael

Post#3 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:41 pm

What kind of system are you proposing?

Ototo

Post#4 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:45 pm

I read this and i think in timers. Dont know exactly whats the point really. I would love to see all tiers full, but even in t1 is right now hard to see actual action more than ganking squads, or duels in the sand. Hope this all change with the WB implemented.
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#5 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:48 pm

Then you need AAO and maybe other measures to support the inferior faction.
Then cycle though all pairings with only one active at a time.
Dying is no option.

Morf

Post#6 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:53 pm

Agree with Telen tho how you would make it work idk and possibly gaining the inf rewards from a specific zone would be problematic and could lead to ppl saying "dont cap the zone" we want inf here.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Luth

Post#7 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:54 pm

Azarael wrote:What kind of system are you proposing?
Maybe:
When an area is locked, it doesn't automatically unlock after a time. So there would always be two areas locked, while one is unlocked to fight in.

So it would be after server restart:
1. All zones are neutral/reset
2. Players choose a region to fight in; if the two factions choose to raid different zones they would only have one "PvE-lock" on each side and speed up the process
3. After locking two zones, only one is left
4. If the last zone is locked sucessfully, one of the other two unlocks (could be randomly or the oldest locked area unlocks first)

So no PvE locks anymore/players that avoid fighting for easy-locks.
Should be pretty easy, as the only difference is, that the timer to automatically lock the zones is eliminated.

Coryphaus

Post#8 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:56 pm

would be nice to centralize combat focus

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Azarael wrote:What kind of system are you proposing?
Emp locks open Dwarf keeps. Dwarf locks open Elf keeps.

The obvious issue is will people just abandon a faction altogether if there isnt another empty zones to lock? You would need underdog to help the smaller faction to defend a keep in some way. Though I think without the easy option people will feel more inclined to fight. The best fight were always when the other two zone were locked at the same time and the final zone became the only one open. The idea is to make this situation constant.

No more standing around when all zones are locked either which was a big factor in people logging off and pug warbands that had momentum breaking up.

Luth

Post#10 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Maybe there could be a mechanic, that unlocks another zone when a specific playercap is reached. So that areas don't get too crowded.