Recent Topics

Ads

Aviator Glasses should be a guaranteed drop. Eventually.

Let's talk about... everything else
Oglaf
Suspended

Aviator Glasses should be a guaranteed drop. Eventually.

Post#1 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:47 am

Watched first drop whole weekend. Watched second drop all weekend, and now the third drop soon - still no glasses. That’s nine days total. Kinda pissing me off if I’m to be honest, souring the entire event. They should be guaranteed eventually, like if you spend the whole bloody three-day weekend three times like I did.Maybe have the RNG rewards in a finite pool that eventually depletes, too so that you’re actually narrowing your way down to the glasses.

Ads
Brickson

Re: Aviator Glasses should be a guaranteed drop. Eventually.

Post#2 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:29 am

I really don't get what all the rage is about with these glasses. It's a small fashion item that doesn't even look that good on most classes. Don't think that I'll be wearing mine.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:17 pm

Hello,

The previous event and this one are not related, they are different campaigns and the rolls have nothing to do with how much you watched previously.

Aviator Goggles are not a guaranteed reward and I purposely shared the rewards list so you can fully decide whether you want to invest the time or not. After all it's a rare drop, if it drops to half the population, it's not rare anymore. Consider yourself farming an item in-game, except that you're just watching a streamer instead of killing hundreds of mobs.

In fact, Goggles weren't supposed to come back but we added them again as "compensation" for last month's event: The first two days had extremely low rates for the Goggles and we felt it's only fair if we add them again to the rewards pool, with the right rate this time.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience and I know it's frustrating, but you need to look at it from another perspective; one that takes into consideration that (1) this reward is meant to be rare to preserve its value, (2) this reward is based on pure RNG and (3) you're simply watching a stream without bothering yourself in-game.

Akalukz

Post#4 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:38 pm

Good stuff with this stream stuff. I love that not everything is guaranteed to everyone. And no i don't have the goggles. although i did become a hundrednaire watching :)
-= Agony =-

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:39 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:17 pm Hello,

The previous event and this one are not related, they are different campaigns and the rolls have nothing to do with how much you watched previously.

Aviator Goggles are not a guaranteed reward and I purposely shared the rewards list so you can fully decide whether you want to invest the time or not. After all it's a rare drop, if it drops to half the population, it's not rare anymore. Consider yourself farming an item in-game, except that you're just watching a streamer instead of killing hundreds of mobs.

In fact, Goggles weren't supposed to come back but we added them again as "compensation" for last month's event: The first two days had extremely low rates for the Goggles and we felt it's only fair if we add them again to the rewards pool, with the right rate this time.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience and I know it's frustrating, but you need to look at it from another perspective; one that takes into consideration that (1) this reward is meant to be rare to preserve its value, (2) this reward is based on pure RNG and (3) you're simply watching a stream without bothering yourself in-game.
I appreciate the long write-up but... my point is to suggest all of this should be changed. Total RNG rewards are terrible in all regards. People who dedicate their entire weekend should be able to work their way towards a higher chance at them. This is just frustrating and really detracting from the event.

empmoz

Post#6 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:55 pm

Oglaf wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:39 pm
I appreciate the long write-up but... my point is to suggest all of this should be changed. Total RNG rewards are terrible in all regards. People who dedicate their entire weekend should be able to work their way towards a higher chance at them. This is just frustrating and really detracting from the event.
Your mistake was dedicating your entire weekend for the chance at such a trivial reward. I've been on this server since it's inception and I don't even know what these aviator glasses are, nor do I care tbh.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#7 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:02 pm

Oglaf wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:39 pm I appreciate the long write-up but... my point is to suggest all of this should be changed. Total RNG rewards are terrible in all regards. People who dedicate their entire weekend should be able to work their way towards a higher chance at them. This is just frustrating and really detracting from the event.
The RNG rewards are here for several reasons and I was completely transparent to anyone who asked:

- It allows us to put valuable rewards without breaking the market and item value.
- Twitch Drops, in my opinion, need to be balanced between what streamers need, what the game needs and what the players want. I used the "need" and "want" words here carefully.
- The list of rewards is here to inform you that X reward is based on RNG and it's for you to decide if you want to invest the time or not, but the system will not change if you dislike RNG. I also dislike the RNG factor, I doubt anyone even likes that factor, but it's here to even things out.

Last event, they dropped for almost 200 people, that's ~8% of the average viewers. Now it has been increased and the numbers will be shared soon.

I value your time, and anyone who participates in that event, but you need to keep in mind that the main reason we do Twitch Drops is to support streamers with the little tools/options we have, push the game up on the Twitch category ranking and hand out fair rewards for the players who participate and help make the game more visible to interested players. What "fair" is to you and me is different from what it is to other people.

If you go back many months ago, the mindset of the game was strictly against handing out free rewards in such an excessive way. If you check other games, they have 3-5 times less rewards than us. If you check Twitch Drops campaigns frequency, it's once or twice a year, we've done 3 in 3 months.

This is surely a really long explanation to a simple question, but I wanted to let you know that we do our best to keep all the parties satisfied, however there will always be a minor disagreement between our ways and some players opinions.

oaliaen

Post#8 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:08 pm

Exotic trophys are way better =)

Ads
dwar

Post#9 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:30 pm

Oglaf wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:39 pm
GamesBond wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:17 pm ...
Guess you and me are taking part in diffrent twitch drop events? I dedicated the least possible effort towards the event - meaning I use a dedicated window in the background for a 160p, muted stream that offers drops - doing nothing more than checking every now and then, if the connection wasnt interrupted...

"farming", wtf, you do not have to work/do/achive/master/beat anything and nevertheless collect insignificant rewards.

While I was farming hard I played some RoR, Dark Souls, went outside for some hoops and finished work in homeoffice.. are you actually sitting in front of your screen watching your streamer of choice the hole time? :roll: :ugeek: :|

PS btw I had a great weekend and got the goggles :D .. karma I guess. Great Idea to replace the RNG -> Make the Forumposts upvoteable and the most upvoted user in 6 month gets the goggles? @Oglaf .. this is more of your liking? .. @Devs keep it time and RNG based .. only appropriat way with these conditions at hand.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#10 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:45 pm

I have a feeling people don't understand how the RNG actually worked and why it is unfair as shyte:

You have X amount of RNG drops per account. Limited. Any of them can be the Goggles.

So basically you can use up them all with crap, and that's it - you've used all your RNG drops and no Goggles.

You can now never get them on your account because you wasted your X number of drops.

How is this is any way a good system? It is total garbage. How is this incarnation supposed to be "fair RNG"? That's a total joke! Might as well just have randomly handed them out to users on the forum on a whim. Just as bloody fair.