Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Thoughts

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Starx

Re: [AM] Thoughts

Post#11 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:49 am

So I played against a good destro premade in city, finally hit 7x full invader but they were running 2 groups with maras and going for backlines and I dont feel like I have the tools to deal with that at all.

Running AM in a real organized WB is already pretty gimmicky morale pump that your entire wb has to play around, you either lose a RP or WP in a party which means...

Either no Wounds buff so every has ~700 less hp in that group, they lose a lot of stability from group hots, healing from buff, group shield... or you lose 25% inc inc healing for the whole group AP rune, self res rune, ini buff you get it...

But besides that I feel like AM has absolutely no way to deal with pressure on them, All of my heals which actually put out respectable numbers require me to cast or channel. Mara interrupt, cooldown increases, kd/silence, choppa pull after, good tanks that taunt you out of everything so when you pots are out you are just sitting there only able to hot yourself, or using the half hot heal. And because of this these destro backline groups will always go for AM first and that's how it played out. Im not as durable as WP, nor do i have the quick/instant heals they have. Im not a RP who has a 10 sec 50% dmg reduction, armor tactic, flash heal that can proc shields etc... it just feels like im fresh meat. You arent getting away from that train either, if your entire group has to peel for you everytime your entire WB loses pressure where they want it and its already a losing game at that point.

Honestly this experience really just demoralized me, at the end of it I was at 700k when the rp/wp were 900-1.2m and I never really feel like I have problems keeping up with raw healing in scenarios etc... and the other poor AM in that WB well its best to not even say. And raw healing is really all im bringing, when you consider how much healing the WP is giving from buff, or wounds buff aoe shields, and RP shields etc... its probably looks even more poor.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: [AM] Thoughts

Post#12 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:06 am

Starx wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:49 am So I played against a good destro premade in city, finally hit 7x full invader but they were running 2 groups with maras and going for backlines and I dont feel like I have the tools to deal with that at all.

Running AM in a real organized WB is already pretty gimmicky morale pump that your entire wb has to play around, you either lose a RP or WP in a party which means...

Either no Wounds buff so every has ~700 less hp in that group, they lose a lot of stability from group hots, healing from buff, group shield... or you lose 25% inc inc healing for the whole group AP rune, self res rune, ini buff you get it...

But besides that I feel like AM has absolutely no way to deal with pressure on them, All of my heals which actually put out respectable numbers require me to cast or channel. Mara interrupt, cooldown increases, kd/silence, choppa pull after, good tanks that taunt you out of everything so when you pots are out you are just sitting there only able to hot yourself, or using the half hot heal. And because of this these destro backline groups will always go for AM first and that's how it played out. Im not as durable as WP, nor do i have the quick/instant heals they have. Im not a RP who has a 10 sec 50% dmg reduction, armor tactic, flash heal that can proc shields etc... it just feels like im fresh meat. You arent getting away from that train either, if your entire group has to peel for you everytime your entire WB loses pressure where they want it and its already a losing game at that point.

Honestly this experience really just demoralized me, at the end of it I was at 700k when the rp/wp were 900-1.2m and I never really feel like I have problems keeping up with raw healing in scenarios etc... and the other poor AM in that WB well its best to not even say. And raw healing is really all im bringing, when you consider how much healing the WP is giving from buff, or wounds buff aoe shields, and RP shields etc... its probably looks even more poor.
You should ask yourself, what the rest of your warband was doing, when the enemy melee train including tanks goes for your backline.
Position yourself with enough distance to enemies or keep friendly players between you and them.
Unlike WP you can spam heals without stopping, if you have a good place to cast. WP has to stop healing regain resources unless hes standing at front line with smite, where you don't want to be as book healer in warband fights. Well, it depends on how much pressure the enemy is making.
WP are not healing more, they heal faster and therefore their heals will appear more likely on scoreboard, due to overheal on your end. They can't focus heal targets and your heals are stronger than RP heals as well. They only got the advantage of flash heal to get higher scoreboard numbers. Your group buffs are overall worse than those of both other healers, true.
Use moral pump on yourself for quick M2 and the keep spamming group heals. Pumping others only works, when there is no pressure and you are already in combat.
Your snare puddle comes in handy at funnels, to stop the enemy from pushing through too fast.
Dying is no option.