Lanouz78

Re: DPS DOK NERF

Post#101 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:25 pm

cant wait for slayer buff

Ads
Hugatsaga

Post#102 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:20 pm

Good change, at least for smaller scale imo. For large scale I have no enough knowledge to form an opinion really. Description in patch notes is a bit misleading though, since CoK doesn't seem to proc on Devour Essence or Essence Lash (both are AoE direct dmg abilities). Should be something like "Curse of Khaine now only triggers off single target direct damage abilities or autoattacks" since thats how it works right now.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Sofong

Post#103 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Hahaha! yes please buff slayer! Average slayer die too easily and rampage only got 1/3 uptime is too short

Acidic

Post#104 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:26 pm

Sofong wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:11 pm Hahaha! yes please buff slayer! Average slayer die too easily and rampage only got 1/3 uptime is too short
Yes slayer and BW are lagging behind the risk/reward scale set by oil

Halan

Post#105 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:37 pm

I am really shocked how many people in this thread write that a 50% AOE HD is not a problem at all...

i play mostly a WP from this perspective this AOE HD was a complete over performing skill. My group heal base is around 700 with this HD it is around 350 and that for 60 fury... and yes you can cleanse it on paper all 5 seconds.. but in fact you can't because it is mostly direct on the target again and there are also other DOTs and debuffs so you will not get it with every cleanse..

What should be next maybe an AOE 50% more incomming dmg buff? Ridiculous you say? Ok then you know what i think about a AOE 50% HD.. even when you can't compare it 1 to 1...

Hivvy

Post#106 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:06 pm

I have to say, I was definitely one of those that was skeptical about DoK changes couple years ago like adding the shield. But now, I think it's fun to have 3 viable specs for the DoK depending on what you want to do. The heal debuff was a big piece to the dps tree. If the concern was the aoe cap being at 24 then there was no concern in ranked. The above mentioned it perfectly, there hasn't been an issue with it for the last 18 months. You guys come up with the idea and implemented the nerf within a week which suggests new concerns for the devs only recently came to light which implies 6v6 ranked was the start. The heal debuff was cleansable. It isn't permanent. It also adds misdirection to who the target might be for the other healer. I will agree it should come off of Fell Sacrifice, having it be able to reproc over the long duration is OP, but after that I think all other dots and damages should still apply it. This is especially true for DE.

Please reconsider the changes made. If Secrets is correct in that this is just a trial, then I might suggest baby steps first. Remove it from Fell sacrifice to start and if it still doesn't have the effect you want, take the next step.

heybaws

Post#107 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:29 pm

This change is..odd. I can understand why aoe HD shouldn't proc from each tick of 30 sec aoe dot that has 2 sec cooldown. This is too much outcome without any effort bassically. But preventing any AoE from spreading healdebuff? That's seems like an overkill, just preventing fell sacrifice from procing HD would be enough.
And nerfing zealot and RP for same reasons? Well, it's not like you can see a lot of dps RP and zealots in 6v6. In CW any rp or zealot is a healer no matter what gear and spec he is, so if we supppose that some sneaky dps zealot is tricking a system.. well, then his 6v6 grp has only 1 healer and this is not gonna end well for them. Not to mention that zealots and rp can't compete with dps dok with damage output. also dps dok is very viable healer that can event outheal an actual healers in his grp. RP and Zel simply can't be as effective as dps dok in smallscale already. Zealots and RP at current stage are just debuffers that mainly used in oRvR and this incoming change will bassically kill that role for warband, thus there is less variability for both sides.

adamthelc

Post#108 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:31 pm

It shouldnt proc off of any dot and that shouldnt even be viewed as a nerf it should be seen as a correction. Rune of Nulfication and Changer's Touch only work off of direct damage so it doesnt really make sense for curse of khaine to behave differently.

Taking AoE direct damage away from curse of khaine should be seen as a nerf to a strong spec.

Taking AoE from RoN and CT should be seen as nerf to a niche spec that most people never really saw and would probably cease to exist.

Nerf destros strongest advantage in 6v6, leave orders advantages alone and be done with it.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#109 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:34 pm

Should proc on EL and DE tho as those are dd just like ID. Imho a retard change

Dots/hots as general rule dont proc anything unless they have a dd component. So the dot part more or less is a bug and is what made them unclns (op)
Last edited by Bozzax on Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

retekelek

Post#110 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:40 pm

Marawo wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:13 pm
Secrets wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:39 am Just as an FYI, Rune of Nullification and Changer's Touch have been adjusted too for the next patch.
The only sensible change I can see is making these tactics so they can't be reapplied when they are already active on a target.
Going through disrupt and having to crit they don't have a high application chance already on a RP/ZEAL, also consider the lack of abilities that actually can aoe proc it.
It's not like you can healdebuff a whole wb with it.
absolulty true, snb tanks spamming hold the line, even whit BIS gear u will get disrupts + its area of the damage has its range, and like u highlighted u not gona apply crit on every target u hit whit it = aint gona healdebuff a whole WB :D also aint forget that u can also be punted, silenced, pulled into the meatgrinder as a squshy class, iterrupted/tauted while started ur channelable aoe damage.

Ofcourse you do whatever u like whit this server, lot of people builded from thier free time and passion for this awsome game, but this change bleeding from the actual planning of its impact just becuse dps dok where toping destro caledorwoods. Whit this view soon we gona see classes running whiout tatics and abilites hitting each other whit a stick.