Recent Topics

Ads

[AddOn] Pocket Palette

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: [AddOn] Pocket Palette

Post#51 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:55 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:19 am
Sulorie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:52 pm I just replaced all the files of my previous version with this new 1.15 version and ingame I can open addon and it shows no colors in the list. Do I miss anything...besides colors? :D
The only issue I know of is what's listed at the top of idrintih's addon page:
The folder must be "Interface/Addons/PocketPalette" in order for it to work properly. Renaming the folder or putting it in sub-folders will cause things to break.
If you're still getting the issue after checking the folder name and fixing it if needed then DM me and I'll look into it more.
I got it to work, it was the path naming. :) Somehow I had no problems with other addons and version number within folder name. Quite sure my previous working PP versions had the version number in its folder name too. Nevertheless, it works now. Thanks!
Dying is no option.

Ads
Omegus

Post#52 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:10 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:55 pm
Omegus wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:19 am
Sulorie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:52 pm I just replaced all the files of my previous version with this new 1.15 version and ingame I can open addon and it shows no colors in the list. Do I miss anything...besides colors? :D
The only issue I know of is what's listed at the top of idrintih's addon page:
The folder must be "Interface/Addons/PocketPalette" in order for it to work properly. Renaming the folder or putting it in sub-folders will cause things to break.
If you're still getting the issue after checking the folder name and fixing it if needed then DM me and I'll look into it more.
I got it to work, it was the path naming. :) Somehow I had no problems with other addons and version number within folder name. Quite sure my previous working PP versions had the version number in its folder name too. Nevertheless, it works now. Thanks!
This is due to an issue with how the addon API loads specific files. the PocketPalette.csv file has to be loaded using the correct path relative to where war.exe (or war64.exe) is located so I have to specify all of the extra folders.

There is a trick to work out what folder it is in by intentionally causing an error and then then reading back the error message (which has the proper folder name in it), but I have not got around to implementing that yet. The hope is that one day the ROR devs will fix the client's internal dye list to be properly parsable by addons and I will never need to update this addon again :D
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Omegus

Post#53 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:16 pm

Version 1.16 released: https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/pocketpalette/

Added the new dyes from the Hexensnacht event.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot