Recent Topics

Ads

IB and Slayer are gradually getting weaker as the game progresses

Let's talk about... everything else
kmark101

IB and Slayer are gradually getting weaker as the game progresses

Post#1 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:38 pm

As the subject say, IB and Slayer classes are gradually getting weaker as the game progresses. IB currently doing approximately 20% less damage than 1,5 years ago. The reason for this is the continued increase of armor values generally around classes and the abundance of purple talismans from pve. Also as weapons probably won't get stronger (as per a recent discussion in another thread), this trend will just continue and will get worse.

These are the only two classes that only have physical damage type in their disposal and thus putting them at a huge disadvantage in the long term. Even thou armor ratings have significantly increased, high armor potions are the standard norm, these classes have no armor bypass mechanic either. Their only tool is the IB's armor debuff (and even that is only single target, with a cooldown..), but again, the value of the debuff was optimized for an earlier era as it have a much smaller effect now.

A few suggestions how to fix this:
- Give some part of IB/Slayer damage magic components, for example the dot parts of their damage could be corporeal
- Give them some kind of armor bypass mechanic % as with every single other dps and some tank classes have
- Increase the value of the IB armor debuff to at least double, as this skill uses grudge and scaling with grudge (the 100 grudge version is still negligible alone, the IB needs to use a morale ability to do some noticable debuff... again, no other class have it like this)
- Remove/nerf armor potions... and before ppl post "but there are resist potions", they are only for 1 out of 3 resists... so how about make armor potions only 1/3rd of their value too?
- Use IB's Shield Sweep skill as an AoE armor debuff skill (with a tactic slotted maybe, like the first Stone line tactic is super useless atm and noone has it). This skill currently doesn't have a place on anyone's quickbar as it's a waste of resources for nothing. With this change, it would provide the necessary armor debuff for Slayers for Warband play, as order lacks on the AoE armor debuff part currently, while 2 of their popular classes can't function without it well.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
abodam

Re: IB and Slayer are gradually getting weaker as the game progresses

Post#2 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Last few days these topics are getting better and better.
Magus / BG

Dammy095

Post#3 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:58 pm

so much false information

kmark101

Post#4 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:31 pm

Tell me 1 false information... all true and valid.

The numbers in my post are actually compared from my logs and tests, so it's not even made-up... but sure, go ahead and bash it without even thinking about it...
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Stophy22

Post#5 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:38 pm

kmark101 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:38 pm As the subject say, IB and Slayer classes are gradually getting weaker as the game progresses. IB currently doing approximately 20% less damage

These are the only two classes that only have physical damage type in their disposal.

A few suggestions how to fix this:
- Give them some kind of armor bypass mechanic % as with every single other dps and some tank classes have
- Increase the value of the IB armor debuff to at least double, as this skill uses grudge and scaling with grudge (the 100 grudge version is still negligible alone, the IB needs to use a morale ability to do some noticable debuff... again, no other class have it like this.)
Holy **** what. What about any other tank ever? Here’s a few

BO do physical damage has a weaker armor debuff too. Oh they have to use morale 1 to double debuff armor too that’s crazy you said IB was the only class that has to do that
Black guards are literally the class mirror and have it much worse than IB in terms of everything. What do you want to debuff 6k armor by yourself? No go get a team mate or 2.

This thread is kinda upsetting. Just because SM does spirit damage and Chosen can ravage doesn’t mean you need elemental damage, plus this kind of sets them apart from others. And to say IB and slayers need improvements before Blackguard and choppas is just silly. Well I’m not entirely sure on slayer v choppa but you can bet your bottom most dollar that BG needs some TLC before IB.

Need some more game knowledge friend
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Sulorie

Post#6 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Is this some series of "hey look, I know **** about my class"? SW was so popular, so dwarf fans wanted to see a midget edition?
Dying is no option.

Dammy095

Post#7 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:00 pm

kmark101 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:31 pm Tell me 1 false information... all true and valid.
kmark101 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:38 pm as order lacks on the AoE armor debuff part currently, while 2 of their popular classes can't function without it well.
this for example

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:06 pm

RP has AoE armor debuff now.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#9 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:12 pm

kmark101 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:31 pm Tell me 1 false information... all true and valid.

The numbers in my post are actually compared from my logs and tests, so it's not even made-up... but sure, go ahead and bash it without even thinking about it...
There are specific things you could be nitpicked on that are just wrong. But the bigger issue is that you are coming across like this is an issue specific to IB and Slayer.

There are plenty of physical damage classes without great anti armor tools. Most importantly, from both realms.

IMO they have been too generous with armor bypassing abilities lately. The biggest culprit being the engineer.

Ysaran

Post#10 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:27 pm

Slayer have already received his armor bypass via invader 7th bonus, in addition slayer doesn't need an armor debuff since it have the berserk mechanic which is armor debuff In a certain sense.
Armor mitigate only physical damage in the same way elemental resistance mitigate only elemental damage so all you reasoning about armor pots have literally zero sense
Zputadenti