Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Class Mechanic Tweak

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Luuca

[AM] Class Mechanic Tweak

Post#1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:24 pm

I am assuming if you are reading this thread and responding, you play an AM at 40/40 and I won't need to define each ability.

Let's face it, the AM class mechanic has been tinkered with in hopes of making it relevant in-game. As it sits now the class mechanic simply reduces cast times and that's it. It doesn't reward the AM with insta-casts of 2 second cast-time spells nor additional healing or damage based upon mechanic stacks.

They did remove Neutral from the class mechanic gearbox - and that helps manage the mechanic some, but I feel we could do more.

The change I would like to test is the following:

The healing Abilities that build Force should also build, at a rate of 1% per stack, a bonus to cast heals. 5% more heals max.
The abilities that build Tranquility should also build, at a rate of 1% per mechanic point, a bonus to disrupt strike through. 5% max Disrupt strike through.

The bonus is only experienced when consuming the class mechanic points of the opposite school. It uses all the points from the built up side and applies the percent bonus based upon stacks/points.

Example: Healer casts 3 Heals and builds 3 points of force. He casts Radiant Lance. Cast times are reduced as now by about .5 seconds AND he gets a 3% bonus to Disrupt Strike through. DPS AM casts 5 damage spells and builds 5 points of Tranquility. He casts group heal. Cast time is reduced as it sits now, and he receives a 5% increase in the healing. All points are consumed.

This change would not necessitate adding the Zero Point State (Neutral) back into the Class Mechanic because it will be as it sits now, but the additional bonuses to the AMs off-spec abilities would make the class mechanic stacks actually matter, be managed, and will help the AM be more effective.

By setting the Mechanic points as such, you greatly benefit the pure healer spec with additional Disrupt strike through on their under-performing dps spells while also mitigating some of the negative effects on heals of a pure dps build.
Last edited by Luuca on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Re: [AM] Class Mechanic Tweak

Post#2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:29 pm

i'd say 5% heal crit instead of 5% more healing

shaggyboomboom

Post#3 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:31 pm

but then again, for this to work you would have to have it like live where 1 spell use all 5 points of the opposite magic school

Luuca

Post#4 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:31 pm but then again, for this to work you would have to have it like live where 1 spell use all 5 points of the opposite magic school
I am not opposed to that at all. It makes sense and I will adjust the original post to reflect this. Thank you.

shaggyboomboom

Post#5 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:47 pm

perhaps making spells undefendable at 5 points would make it fair (inb4 someone cries that an undefendable 5s silence is op, shame that silence doesnt have any intelligence scalers)

Luuca

Post#6 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:07 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:47 pm perhaps making spells undefendable at 5 points would make it fair (inb4 someone cries that an undefendable 5s silence is op, shame that silence doesnt have any intelligence scalers)
Baby steps IMO. I would not be opposed to a 2% per stack since most of us are going to be living in the 2-3 stack world when playing if this goes into Alpha Testing, but a 10% bonus for doing your job seems almost as OP as undefendable at 5 stacks would be.

Telen
Suspended

Post#7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:10 pm

Using all mechanic points would stop you constantly getting trapped at 5 and no way to get back to juggling even if you wanted to. Which I feel the mechanic forces you to if you want to play effectively. You could make only certain abilities drop full mechanic if some prefer the current system. I know some like the quick burst you can get with the current one.

One idea I had to help mechanic management was rain lord and law of age acting as a mechanic switch. Gives them more of a purpose and the mechanic isnt limited to boosting abilities you arent speced into.
Last edited by Telen on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DanielWinner

Post#8 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:16 pm

Guess what
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
Slmjmosumb

Post#9 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:20 pm

Why not just flip the mechanic altogether? For anyone that has played LotRO, make it kinda like the Runekeeper where you build healing stacks by healing and dps stacks with damage spells. Utility and cc skills are neutral and can have a cost toward neutral balanced based on overall strength. Possible big CD to change stacks from heal to dps or back for emergency. I believe Mythic was tinkering with something similar at one point before abandoning the idea for whatever reason.

Telen
Suspended

Post#10 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:23 pm

Slmjmosumb wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:20 pm Why not just flip the mechanic altogether? For anyone that has played LotRO, make it kinda like the Runekeeper where you build healing stacks by healing and dps stacks with damage spells. Utility and cc skills are neutral and can have a cost toward neutral balanced based on overall strength. Possible big CD to change stacks from heal to dps or back for emergency. I believe Mythic was tinkering with something similar at one point before abandoning the idea for whatever reason.
Mythics unimplemented plan also had either mechanic points boost lifetaps.
I thought it was a bland idea personally and treaded on other class mechanics toes.