Recent Topics

Ads

Something I noticed on the forums

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Something I noticed on the forums

Post#81 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:33 pm
Sulorie wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:28 pm
Xergon wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:50 pm That's why many, believe me, many smart and good players switched side from order to destro simply because of factor "how easy it is". Many times they ask me to play destro: "Come man, come play destro, u cant believe how easy it is".
What you describe are neither good nor smart players as you lose fast progress without aao bonus and you intentionally join the "easy" side, which doesn't qualify you as being good.

So you saying TUP are bad players for example ?

I meant good players as they know how to play and whats going on in RvR battle. And as they recognize whats the problem, they simply don't want to fight against wall of brick with paper stick, because its frustrating so they switch side, and HAVE FUN and ENJOY GAME as one of here said it before.
Why would you swap to the bigger side as a organized guild?
You might not be able to take the zone against too high odds but you can kill the enemy, win the battles even if you lose the war.
You have it easier to get bags and you can pick your fights instead of searching the zone for enemies.
Xrealming with this direction looks like a lose-lose to me, if this is what TUP did according to you. I doubt it.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Wam

Post#82 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:29 pm

To be fair destro is our main's and originals

we swapped before in the past when things was more balanced because of the numbers issue when order disappear after dying a few times in primetime... too even things up to produce more fights to make the game more fun for everyone even if it meant playing lowbies and sub par setup back then.

Sure maybe we could play order again in future... I don't rule it out forever but currently

What is the incentive if we did that, put in extra effort and showed order warbands can work to a certain extent with bw spam... that would mask the balance issue a little and be a band aid to underlying disparity between the realms. The problem is BW is and was so far ahead of everything else in game, even with nerfs... you need to boost others up to compete with it not pull it or anything else down, besides broken choppa pull thats just a bit too op. So order min/max warband have choices and more flexibility to compete, just like destro has flexibility because most (not all) the classes are in a okay position. Order cannot say the same because the gap between their best choice dps and others is too big without utility to help close this gap either. (SL & Engi come close with utlity but sacrifice alot of damage... i don't know the answers the order dps but i know theres a problem.)

And if the disparity between realms is closer, it gives the order pugs atleast some potential to be more of a threat with the rag tag setup's they usually have, and destro in this thread mention and enforce the point that destro is way more flexible when it comes to dps and setup... melee or ranged.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

carlos

Post#83 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:08 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:56 pm
Nidwin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:04 am
Spoiler:
Xergon wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:14 am

Put that zealot with guard on postern doors, gate, stairs or any other funnel position available on map (yes funnel position because its a place where that only order weapon which is AoE BW can do work) and your enemy can only wait for button with title RESPAWN to appear, because enemy can't HTL, can't Raze, can't Cast. I'm actually amazed that so few zealots use that utility properly, if more would start using it, every fight would be pure cancer...

And btw, its not channeling ability, which means you cannot interrupt it in a normal way, its self buff (BLESSING) which can be removed only by MeleeWH who cant get in range to do that or AM with special tactic for it and even after that he removes only 1 random blessing so there is no 100% counterplay to it...

But hey, as some folk said in RvR order chat "learn to kite enemy" i hope someone here can teach me how to do that on order, thanks.
WoI is 13+1 point skill and most Zealots are told to spec for AS (6s ranged stagger) and "optional" the heal debuff on critt hit. So it's one or the other.
A WH has a 100% disrupt and walks through WoI, WL pounce as explained in my previous post, any KB/stagger/pull will cancel WoI. I'm not certain about being silenced although but that would make sense as the damage is INT and not WP based.

It's a funny skill and you need to get used that your Zealot is going to rotate during the entire channeling depending on the movement of your target. As for interrupting it my guess would be yes as it's channeling and the reason why the Zealot rotates on target's movement.

Dude, learn game or learn to read, what part of "ITS SELF BUFF NOT CHANNELING" you did not understand... You cannot interrupt it in normal way (KD/Stagger/KB).
If rest of players are ignorant as you are right now, then i dont expect much from fair discussion....
Don't get your hopes up. I tried explaining a thing 3 times.... still doesn't come through
Starfkr

CountTalabecland

Post#84 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:21 pm

Choppa Pull is crazy OP. Unlike a squishy Magus or an Engineer, Choppa takes no risk in pulling any class to itself. Additionally, the fact that it triggers three times during the channel means good facking luck avoiding it.

As a Slayer you know that if you get within 50ft of destro in orvr, you are probably dead unless Order is pushing. There is a way to carefully position and kind of avoid it but its not really a conducive way to play mdps.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

mubbl

Post#85 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:42 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:21 pm Choppa Pull is crazy OP. Unlike a squishy Magus or an Engineer, Choppa takes no risk in pulling any class to itself. Additionally, the fact that it triggers three times during the channel means good facking luck avoiding it.

As a Slayer you know that if you get within 50ft of destro in orvr, you are probably dead unless Order is pushing. There is a way to carefully position and kind of avoid it but its not really a conducive way to play mdps.
hmm my min/maxed magus is nearly as tanky as a tank, how tanky should my just offensive spec choppa in redrage be then?.....ever heard off taunt? a guy holding his arms up in the air and is bigger then anything else should be interruptable and targetable. you have like a 3 sec window for that, maybe the range is a bit to big on gtdc.

And i cant belive a mdps with these possibilities order can hand out on crit and procs cant work, okay you dont have aoe armordebuff, but you have like 25% crit and parry...
Last edited by mubbl on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dammy095

Post#86 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:53 am

Xergon wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:50 pm That's why many, believe me, many smart and good players switched side from order to destro simply because of factor "how easy it is". Many times they ask me to play destro: "Come man, come play destro, u cant believe how easy it is".
you may dont believe me, but we actually feel same about order, how easy it is

wonshot

Post#87 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:32 am

Dammy095 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:53 am
you may dont believe me, but we actually feel same about order, how easy it is
Onedimentional is not the same as easy per say,
Order really only have Empire classes as core for warband play. And you toss in a token AM for moralpump + instant ress, and a slayer for SL. And one of those Elves or two can go in the frontline and soak some damage, but it all about the Empire! :lol:

Where as when we played our destro warband and ran over the roleplayers makin them very upset screaming traitors and xrealmers( :roll: ), we ran with level 16 choppas people having lvl 20 weapons. unguarded dps zealot, people in rhuin gear and still managed to smoke people. The overall feeling on playing destro is simply that you have so much cool stuff available to you, players on the DPS- classes were more vocal in coms because they could coordinate pulls and laught at how silly it felt having the renown pinatas coming flying your way, instead of having to chase them down at snailspeed.

I am an Order main, but I am like Gollum drawn to the power of my Zealot because it just has so many cool tactics and tools in several specs. Destro is just more appealing, looks better and is more fun. You can play want you want, and it works pretty well just going for random 2-2-2 setups mostly. Hardly the same can be said on Order.

Now is Order hardmode to play, no not really the game is actually really baseline simple. However with limmitations in setup, lack of tools we get this onedimentional playstyle. This is a pvp/RvR game after all, and that means a side must lose. Player behaviour dont like the feeling of defeat so when all the dps healer, singletarget heroes, and lowleveles have been run over enough times in pug vs pug engagements they just stop coming out, relog, or quit. And that is the effect we are seeing with the server right now. Destro dominating the majority of the time.

I am out myself and been fighting it for a while now I guess, it is a culmantion of things. Balancing being this screwed for too long was for sure a big part of it. Still came out with top kills in the zone each raid night we played, but handholding, no support from rdps puggies and sitting on full Onslaught for many months on all chars just needing an additional carrot to endure the negativs.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Feru
Suspended

Post#88 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:19 pm

balance and re-balnace is the ror way... "we" all agree jakobs and mytic are nubs ;P waht we need is mirrored classes balanced in the POV of sanguish and is team of "cool kids" :)

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#89 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Feru wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:19 pm balance and re-balnace is the ror way... "we" all agree jakobs and mytic are nubs ;P waht we need is mirrored classes balanced in the POV of sanguish and is team of "cool kids" :)

we flexin'
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feru
Suspended

Post#90 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:39 pm

hehe... cool kidz FTW
...or the game ;p