Recent Topics

Ads

Order characters crash the game

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
KoboldWizard

Order characters crash the game

Post#1 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:40 pm

Hi!

I am a new player, and I realize this problem might be common, but I have not been able to find a fix for it.

I recently installed the game, and I could play without problems on destruction characters (a magus, shaman, and squig herder for now).

However, when I tried to play an order character, it crashed after a minute of playing the first time, and now I can't even get out of the initial video before it crashes. It's happened so far with a bright wizard, a runemaster, a warrior priest and an archmage. It just goes back to the desktop with no error message.

I am playing on windows 10, not sure what other information you need (I am bad with computers). Thank you for your help and time!

Ads
Einherja

Re: Order characters crash the game

Post#2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:08 am

Seems that th e Server prevents xrealming by itself 😈

tabashir

Post#3 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:50 am

The same thing happened to me. I reinstalled the game with the ROR installer. As soon as I go to the keep in the RVR i'm thrown out of the game. In the SC it is the same. What could be the problem? :|

sixil

Post#4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:55 pm

This is happening to me. Have just tried to play the game, can't last more than a few seconds before it completely quits and the program becomes non-responsive.

KoboldWizard

Post#5 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:22 pm

Alright, so, I've discovered it also happens on the destruction side, it just takes more time to crash. I downloaded the client, not the torrent, and I've installed directly on the C drive. I also installed the program linked in step 6 of the guide.

If anybody has any other idea I'll be glad to try! Thanks.

Darmonic

Post#6 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:34 pm

Same issue here. Order crashes instantly. Destruction takes a little bit to crash. I downloaded through the new client QQ :( I want to play WAR.

Darmonic

Post#7 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:09 am

Found the fix https://drive.google.com/file/d/18uOSCB ... iSMrB/view Donwload this Audio.myp. Delete the previous one in your Return of Reckoning folder.

KoboldWizard

Post#8 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:31 am

Thanks, it seemed to fix it for me too!

Ads
tabashir

Post#9 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:28 am

Yes that's it. The problem solved it. Thanks :D :D

Cylwen

Post#10 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:30 am

I'm also having the same problem, and I have downloaded the file and replaced it in my game folder. Will test in the next big battle!
I love this game and the server community. Thank you to the RoR staff.