Recent Topics

Ads

New Community Managers?

Let's talk about... everything else
DanielWinner

Re: New Community Managers?

Post#11 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:23 am

poffo wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:13 am
DanielWinner wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:53 am I believe, our guildlines will be shown to the community as soon as possible.
Currently, we moderate forums and other medias like facebook, youtube, Twitter and VK.
Basically, we are just good guys who will lobby interests of the community. We will filtrate all feedback to show it later to devs in an appropriate form.
We will help people on forums and other websites in every possible way.
Do you guys play the game your self and on what level. I find it importent to make a disclaimer showing what class you play on what level you play etc. especialy if you are going to be a filter to the devs. What will you bring forth if you dont feel the change or rant to be in your own interest and the like. I like trust but sometimes control and openness is better :)
Most of us have their characters listed in the signatures. You can check their levels and gear if you want to — I can tell you that most of our toons are 60-80 rr +.
We play every possible side of the game on competitive and casual levels:
Small-scale 6v6 and ganking — DanielWinner and Carmine.
Large scale — Ragafury.
Everything already listed and professional pugging — Saupreusse.
Therefore, you should not worry about our gaming experience.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#12 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:26 am

Dammy095 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:15 am i remember people getting banned here for saying something on vk/youtube
are we going back to it ? i thought Aza tried to move away from that
No one will be warned or banned until that person breaks the rules.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Spoiler:
Gotcha

Dammy095

Post#13 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:54 am

DanielWinner wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:26 am
Dammy095 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:15 am i remember people getting banned here for saying something on vk/youtube
il take that as yes

DanielWinner

Post#14 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:54 am
il take that as yes
You are free to take it as you want but don’t try to put words in my mouth.
We have rules. You should respect them. If you violate them, you will get punished.
No one talks about such rules like don’t be a **** and etc — we are speaking about objective rules like don’t call names without reasons, don’t bot, account sell and etc.
On forums you have a freedom of speech. And we are ready and glad to listen to you, even if you like to criticize things. Just keep it civil and constructive.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Spoiler:
Gotcha

ragafury

Post#15 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:33 pm

poffo wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:13 am Do you guys play the game your self and on what level. I find it importent to make a disclaimer showing what class you play on what level you play etc. especialy if you are going to be a filter to the devs. What will you bring forth if you dont feel the change or rant to be in your own interest and the like. I like trust but sometimes control and openness is better :)
Well, I can only speak for myself. :P

I'm 29, from Germany, studied HR, Law, Business Psychologie.

I joned RoR Feb 13, 2017 after a night of thinking, hey is there a private server for this old game?
and in fact there was and started the DL and and edited a Forum account.

I played here for:

Nazghul and was an Officer in Wam's The Unlikely Plan (TUP).

and I'm currently playing for Hym's RLH and Sacrx DnD.
More for DnD atm since my timezone is central europe. :/

I play all 6 tanks on both realms mainly. highest is a BO with RR81, lowest is a chosen + kotbs with RR41; the rest is inbetween and mostly around 50 - 60 . I also have MDPS chars, on both realms, mainly marauder and witch hunter besides others, and as healers shaman, zealot (55+).
Next in line is gonna probably AM and White Lion, which are my old mains from live.
Currently I main a swordmaster on RR49 (?) (not sure tbh. renown goes quite fast).

I'm mostly, but not exclusively interested in large scale, so you can meet me in all areas of the game.
It always depends on time I can spend. :>

in terms of mmorpg's in general I was part of a german hardcore guild for 4 years+ and class leader. (nowadays they secure top 50 places, guess they better without me X) )

When I have time (and interest :P) I'm helping with testing, I brought many ppl to testing from TUP and helped balancing and testplaying PQ22 Slayerkeep mostly, not exclusively which required much effort since it's sometimes even hard on live to fill a full warband.
Atm. I'm doing berry top secret stuff on testers for Hagrim (debugging stuff mostly or check if it's exploitable :D). :O
also reported a bit stuff here and there off the bugtracker so it doesn't get exploited. :P

Last part of your question:

well , I think it's highly unprofessional to push own demands first in such a position.
I wouldn't do this moderator job, if somebody else would do it, but it seems like there are not many up for it.
I actually wanted to play this game as a player without any responsibilities, seems like, well, that went wrong.

2nd is, I doubt I'm biased with such a roster of chars, my interest is to play a fair and balanced game, where many ppl can have fun, find enjoyment and so on.
But I'm also not up to push low hanging fruits like example gratia: 5 hours leveling and bam level 40.

overall I TRY at least to see pug concerns, premade concerns, order concerns and destro concerns and try to have a neutral perspective. :P

Now you should have a feeling. :)

well, this is not the wild west.

it's fair to give you the info we have moderation rights. (I'm not hyped to find out about them, after all it's basically banning co players / like minded people). It's also not fun to bring stuff up like that in teamchats.

there is a difference in my opinion between giving:

a) valid feedback (appreciated)
b) whining (ignored by me mostly, unless you fill 10+ pages, but you will see me post inbetween them :P )
c) getting personal / attacking ppl from the staff OR the community (you will probably see the red card if we use soccer terminology)

so basically, as in all areas of life, use common sense. I promise I will try to use it too.

though, it's already outlined, we are more the good cops and the feelgoodmanagement.

I'm personally not a fan of excessive bans unless you aim for c) with posting, 3months, 6months, 1 year is basically the same as permanent in my book, I rather avoid that and will not advocate that, unless I don't see a different solution. :)

I agree with what Genisaurus posted in the other long thread about PR and basically share some of Azas aspects that players have to be treated with care and that they need to be respected, but again a), b), c). ;)

I will try personally to do my best for everybody. that's all I can offer. :)

In my opinion this should be a sanctuary for all WAR players.

Can we now post spicy memes and Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage. WHEN?
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

poffo

Post#16 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:01 pm

Thank you all for your answers it really show me you are exactly the players we need on those positions...good choise. Im glad to have you guys onboard :)

soliticks

Post#17 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:14 pm

You say that now Poffo. But you haven’t seen carmine’s Internet search history 😙

Work hard guys, and welcome.
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

poffo

Post#18 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:05 pm

soliticks wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:14 pm You say that now Poffo. But you haven’t seen carmine’s Internet search history 😙

Work hard guys, and welcome.
Are you talking about carmine vespucci...?

Ads
oaliaen

Post#19 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:16 pm

do you have the power for it or just saying ?

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#20 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:22 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:16 pm
do you have the power for it or just saying ?
CMs are now in charge of the forum (among other things).

And i link term of use, in case you missed some changes :) : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13607