Oh boy, oh boy

Let's talk about... everything else
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Oh boy, oh boy

Post#31 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:33 pm

covenn wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:10 pm
covenn wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:08 pm The players are unimportant to this project. It has been said both directly and behind the scenes. They can do whatever they want with RoR because it is their server. Basically, if you don't like it, leave. Both of these things have been said by more than one staff member, so we should be able to recognize that as a truth by now. There should be no complaining about staff treating players like subhumans and no drama. It is what it is.
If only people would take moments of heated aggravation and harsh exchanges for the moments they are. Your characterizations that staff consider our players negatively is few and far between. If you act like an ass, and we treat you like an ass, it's because in that moment, well...

As for perpetual trolling today, it's becoming tiring. If you're only here to harass staff and dissuade the playerbase we will eventually close the doors on you. Take it as a friendly reminder.
It is simply the truth from my perspective. There was no embellishment, no lies, and no trolling. I said nothing more than some members of the staff have said previously on these very boards and in game. I relayed nothing more than the treatment inflicted by someone on staff to me, for no real reason, and how it came across. If you want to view truth as 'trolling' there isn't too much I can do about that.

Also, responses like your 'friendly reminder' aren't so friendly. It is a threat, not a reminder. You are basically telling me to stop giving my perspective because you don't like it. If I do not, I will be banned. So be it then, at this point there is really nothing to lose because you all seem intent on destroying your own creation. If you want to silence me and everyone else speaking out, then keep flexing away until there is nobody left to push around. I am done walking on eggshells with people that just want their ego stroked.

Good day.
If you can't see when you're crossing lines and refuse to adjust appropriately, then you don't need to be here. It's clearly causing yourself stress, and it's certainly not appreciated by staff to be characterized under the broad strokes you're making.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
covenn

Post#32 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:07 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:33 pm If you can't see when you're crossing lines and refuse to adjust appropriately, then you don't need to be here. It's clearly causing yourself stress, and it's certainly not appreciated by staff to be characterized under the broad strokes you're making.
No need to project stress on me, I am cool as a cucumber. I am blunt to a fault so don't mistake that as being stressed.

What line is being crossed here exactly? I am simply speaking truth and doing to in a fairly respectful manner considering the circumstances. I am sorry you don't like what I have to say, but sometimes the truth hurts. Most of the staff here are good and reasonable people. I couldn't agree more that it sucks to have them characterized with broad strokes, however that is exactly what is happening and it isn't 'me' that is doing it. Blame me if it makes you feel better about the situation or if it gives you some satisfaction, but it won't change the fact that you are doing it to yourselves. Whether through action or inaction, until something changes, you are all complicit.

“Silence becomes cowardice when occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

berneke91

Post#33 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Well alot of focus has been on drama the last few days and probably will be in the coming few days also. But I recently also returned to RoR after a few months break due to real life stuff.

But other than that game is just as fun as when i left it! :D
Jucka Skullcrusher - Blorc RR8X
Melwin Smelwin - SH RR8X
Juckanizer - Mara RR7X
Demagoguery - Zealot RR40
Juckalainen - DoK RR40
Choptastic - Choppa RR4X

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#34 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:27 pm

covenn wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:07 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:33 pm If you can't see when you're crossing lines and refuse to adjust appropriately, then you don't need to be here. It's clearly causing yourself stress, and it's certainly not appreciated by staff to be characterized under the broad strokes you're making.
No need to project stress on me, I am cool as a cucumber. I am blunt to a fault so don't mistake that as being stressed.

What line is being crossed here exactly? I am simply speaking truth and doing to in a fairly respectful manner considering the circumstances. I am sorry you don't like what I have to say, but sometimes the truth hurts. Most of the staff here are good and reasonable people. I couldn't agree more that it sucks to have them characterized with broad strokes, however that is exactly what is happening and it isn't 'me' that is doing it. Blame me if it makes you feel better about the situation or if it gives you some satisfaction, but it won't change the fact that you are doing it to yourselves. Whether through action or inaction, until something changes, you are all complicit.

“Silence becomes cowardice when occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
Nah, I don't think I'm going to bite on that. If you plan to use the forums to harass staff, which really is want this boils down to, I'll do my job. That's why I'm here.

covenn

Post#35 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:50 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Nah, I don't think I'm going to bite on that. If you plan to use the forums to harass staff, which really is want this boils down to, I'll do my job. That's why I'm here.

I am being direct, honest, polite, and civil with you. That simply does not fit any definition of the word harassment. What does fit the definition, however, is intimidating and pressuring someone into silence because you don't like what they are talking about. I already know you can ban me and delete all my characters if you want. Do so if you must, but I am not going to let you hold that over my head repeatedly and bully me as you are now.

Currently playing order

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#36 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:59 pm

covenn wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:50 pm

I am being direct, honest, polite, and civil with you. That simply does not fit any definition of the word harassment. What does fit the definition, however, is intimidating and pressuring someone into silence because you don't like what they are talking about. I already know you can ban me and delete all my characters if you want. Do so if you must, but I am not going to let you hold that over my head repeatedly and bully me as you are now.
Bully? I'm asking you to moderate the content of your posts. We don't need the continued harassment. There's plenty of other ways you are more than welcome to use the forums.

covenn

Post#37 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:12 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:59 pm
Bully? I'm asking you to moderate the content of your posts. We don't need the continued harassment. There's plenty of other ways you are more than welcome to use the forums.
From my perspective, you appear to be telling me that any discussion on this topic, regardless of how it is presented, constitutes harassment and that I will be banned if I continue to discuss it.

Is that correct?

Currently playing order

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#38 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:33 pm

covenn wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:12 pm

From my perspective, you appear to be telling me that any discussion on this topic, regardless of how it is presented, constitutes harassment and that I will be banned if I continue to discuss it.

Is that correct?
I was trying to be nice about it, but sure, if that's the level it needs to be at for you to understand, have at it. We've had the discussion unbridled for a while. I would like people to dial back the rhetoric and conspiracy. You totally missed my point in the first place with how stuff like this starts, gets blown way out of proportion, and loses context over time. Move on to something more gamey and less dramatic.

Ads
covenn

Post#39 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Noted

Currently playing order

Fallenkezef

Post#40 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:35 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:33 pm
covenn wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:12 pm

Is that correct?
I was trying to be nice about it, but sure, if that's the level it needs to be at for you to understand, have at it. We've had the discussion unbridled for a while. I would like people to dial back the rhetoric and conspiracy. You totally missed my point in the first place with how stuff like this starts, gets blown way out of proportion, and loses context over time. Move on to something more gamey and less dramatic.
The problem being War is this will never stop till the staff learn to manage Torque.

The open letter he wrote was gas on the fire. For all the good he does the project he is an abrasive, caustic, aggressive and in many ways offensive chap.
It's his personality and he does not and should not need to apologise for it but he has become a divisive double edged sword.

The whole RoR team are unprofesional, I mean this in the literal sense. This is not a 9 to 5 job you can walk away from at the end of the shift. It's your passion, your love and all of you are too close to it to be objective.

For the good of the project put a leash on Torque, manage him and manage the project. He's a good bloke at heart I think and loves the project and had so mych passion, you all do, but he does need to be reigned in and you guys could benefit with a bit more transparecy and maybe learning to step back and be objective

And get a pr guy 😝
Alea iacta est