Why do you guys like healing over dps

Let's talk about... everything else
dolleater

Re: Why do you guys like healing over dps

Post#31 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:43 pm

adamthelc wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:25 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:03 pm
Telen wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:31 am
Best description of healing in mmos Ive heard.
To me this describes playing tanks and mdps more then healers.
It's not about the direction health bars go if that's what you mean. It's about how much time you spend focusing on unit frames, giving attention to the bars that move.

To me it's not really that accurate though. You need to pay attention to so much more, especially in a game like this. If all you are paying attention to is unit frames either you are doing a bad job or whatever you are doing isnt hard enough.
Nah i was talking more generally for healing in mmos, the other points were very much what makes this game deeper then just "whack-a-mole" unitframes. ofcourse, it also highly depends on the situation and the amount of players involved.
Doom Diver
- Snorkt, gobo wif stik
Need a forum avatar? I made some!

Ads
Fey

Post#32 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Playing with a poor healer drives me insane. That's why I usually heal or support in whatever I play.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Rynocerous

Post#33 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:00 pm

For me it's two things.

One is being able to keep a group up in the face of fire. There's times where I've literally been the only healer in an overflow and kept people fighting and alive, and the "great healing" responses and the corpses of the enemy are your proof that yes, you can heal gud.

The other is the complexity and leadership required -- to follow the flow, to race alongside the daring MDPS keeping them up and balancing your own defense, to cleanse, apply debuff, monitor the backline. It's more satisfying than anything but tanking the crazy stuff in TotVL.
DESTRO Aindorex - Impeccible
A couple of lowbie Order toons

Luuca

Post#34 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:10 pm

I like healing because people don't die and I don't die so much.

EDIT: and you learn a lot of new curse words in PuG SCs

Alsayr

Post#35 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:40 am

Pls, dont tell skip or remove or any other horrible idea. My main play style is WP healer. So sorry. This game have good clases setup.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

ripthedream
Banned

Post#36 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:22 am

Insane healer or pro healer who win ? :P
Africalove/Indulgence

tazdingo

Post#37 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:58 am

ripthedream wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:22 am Insane healer or pro healer who win ? :P
confusion is the hidden path. if you have absolutely no idea what you're gonna do next then neither will your enemies. like losing in a fighting game to your 3 year old brother who's just mashing buttons

ripthedream
Banned

Post#38 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:41 am

best answer :D
Africalove/Indulgence

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#39 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:59 am

adamthelc wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:25 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:03 pm
Telen wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:31 am
Best description of healing in mmos Ive heard.
To me this describes playing tanks and mdps more then healers.
It's not about the direction health bars go if that's what you mean. It's about how much time you spend focusing on unit frames, giving attention to the bars that move.

To me it's not really that accurate though. You need to pay attention to so much more, especially in a game like this. If all you are paying attention to is unit frames either you are doing a bad job or whatever you are doing isnt hard enough.
Whack-a-mole, to me, describes classes that needs to press buttons all over the place due to having a more reactive playstyle with CD management and are more depending on having skills for situational use. Healers often get away with spamming 1-2 skills, 2-3 skills that function like a rotation with hots/cleanses and maybe 1-2 situational heals/mitigation tools.

Compared to a tank that have to manage dps rotation, guard/defensive target management, challange, taunt/interupts, CC/CC breaks, situational buffs/self buffs etz.

Ofc the healers can chose to do some dps aswell but it's expected to from tanks and often required to. On healers you can pretty much always get away with not dpsing and I would also argue that there's an argument to save the AP and have skill acess by not triggering GCD. Moast of the time you're better of just reaplying hots if you don't need to use your DH skills. So thats why I think tanks in general better fits the whack-a-mole description

Tirien27

Post#40 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:56 pm

I always end up picking a healer, i have no idea why, always. There was literally no reason for me to checkout the other characters/classes, thankfully i learned that there are other classes out there... Much fun. But healing to me is pretty much everything.

I had an Archmage on live named Tirien, dont you think i made the very same one on this server? Yep. It's just something i like... And i always have to level it up to max (maybe not RR) before i pick another class. but thats another story.

Finally i can enjoy something else than just healing ;)