Recent Topics

Ads

Why do you guys like healing over dps

Let's talk about... everything else
adamthelc

Re: Why do you guys like healing over dps

Post#11 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:29 am

I dont. But I am good at it and other people dont do it right. So when I get frustrated by what I perceive is bad healing, I switch to heals because I like to win.

Really though, I like to heal, but blowing people up is more fun.

A good healer with a bad group is more competitive than a good dps with bad healers. So if you pug and you want to win more, healing is the way to go.

Ads
bctakhy

Post#12 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:57 am

U will never be a good DPS if u dont know how heal or tank (and CC in other games).
When u play all roll, u know how kill then and how survive also.

DPS is easy. If u have good healer any guy can kill, even noob player u ever meet. I remember a family who play daoc, dad CC, mon heal and the small kid a DPS who kill with 2 only 2 keys. 1 folow dad and 2 AoE :D

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#13 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:58 am

Personally i never thaught i would like healing that much....

Back on live my first character was an engi( I choose range because i was a noob in MMO) then i switch to KOTBS. Tanking while killing some was very fun indeed!! I level the Knight all the way to 100 then i switch back to the Engi; All the way to 100. Got bored so i switch server and Go with a DOK(Healing ofc). I NEVER THAUGHT HEALING WAS THAT FUN!!! I played him all the way to 100!! Healing is just fun.. And let`s be honest, EVERY GROUP NEED HEALS!!!! Being able to keep ppl alive is something hard to explain but for me is just as rewarding as killing, in some way.

The only reason and i mean THE ONLY REASON i came to RoR was for the DOK(healing again ofc!) then i rolled a tank, Black Orc and a Zealot(healing) afterward. Now im switching from Black Orc to Zealot. Again, being able to keep ppl in front line up is for me, something very rewarding and also u see the game from a different angle when u are in the back doing your healing. Something u cant really see when u are face first into the enemy.
]

roadkillrobin

Post#14 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:21 am

Personally I got into it when playing Defenders and Corrupters in City of Heroes. Even tho i think CoH had a far better view on what support is supose to be doing, the game could be played entirely without healing others, healers in WAR was the closest thing to it.
Tanks also fit this role, to me they feel almoast the same thing as a healer to play with the exception that it's a melee class that needs to stay in close proximity.

To me dps can be a little one-dimensional where your basic role is just find a class and a playstyle where you personally are able to maximize burst while trying to keep yourself alive. I really don't like playing when button sequenzing 6-10 skills in perfect timing is the difference between good and bad. It feels the same to me as when im running scales on the guitar but in a even more unnatural way.

zak68

Post#15 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:23 am

Telen wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:35 am Just healing is kinda boring
sad but true.

Tturpa

Post#16 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:44 am

I like healing cause i can choose who lives and who dies muhahaha

Noiree

Post#17 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:28 am

I like the overview standing in the back line of the back line.
Plus: Keeping people alive can turn into an art form of observation and prediction.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Nidwin

Post#18 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:37 am

I don't like tanking, not my stuff, but I truly enjoy healing or a non-tanking soft support role.

I was surprised by my Zealot that I powerleveled (xp only) from 20 to 40 during the super xp/rr/inf bonus a month ago. I kept my Zealot DPS specced and I'm enjoying playing her in the lakes. It's a good mix of both healer and light dps (st, aoe, funny cc). (ooc please get Transference on 9pts in 2nd or 3rd tree devs/staff to help out the non rr60/70 dps Zealots ;-) )

I'm not a fan of perfect rotations or perfect group/wb setups. I like some diversity and the fun it brings with.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
dalinvar

Post#19 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:57 am

Nidwin wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:37 am I don't like tanking, not my stuff, but I truly enjoy healing or a non-tanking soft support role.

I was surprised by my Zealot that I powerleveled (xp only) from 20 to 40 during the super xp/rr/inf bonus a month ago. I kept my Zealot DPS specced and I'm enjoying playing her in the lakes. It's a good mix of both healer and light dps (st, aoe, funny cc). (ooc please get Transference on 9pts in 2nd or 3rd tree devs/staff to help out the non rr60/70 dps Zealots ;-) )

I'm not a fan of perfect rotations or perfect group/wb setups. I like some diversity and the fun it brings with.
I would like to try heal class with dps build but im not going for it because i think people in open warband will kinda hate me and maybe kick from warband.. is that true or i can find a spot in the lakes?

Nidwin

Post#20 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:23 am

I play only destro so it may be different on order side. But I gave it a try past two days on my Zealot while asking the pug wb leader if he minded having me, dps Zealot, joining and it went pretty well. Zealot although can easily switch from dps to heal with one button/icon click with the right eq.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]