Recent Topics

Ads

[Runepriest] Runepriests DPS builds

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
AxelF

Re: [Runepriest] Runepriests DPS builds

Post#31 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:18 pm

kweedko wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:54 pm
AxelF wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:27 pm Which builds exactly will this break? Builds that you've claimed are only useful for solo ganking? In fact the build I've proposed would be the optimum build for solo ganking as it provides all the damaging tools you need and only lacks AP ritual. If you can't kill someone 1 v 1 without having AP issues you need to play another class.
Your "build" have no control, with your change we will lose MoM or SA, or Transference or SoR or BoTz, or AS so you basicaly exclude anyting exept bombing spec. It's not about AP it's about variety, your propolsal kills it and brings noting except comfort for bombing spec.

You can just ask to move Rune of Battle to first Path and nothing change for your spec with no tactic moving. :mrgreen:

Instead of making a real toughtfull propolsal about usles skills and tactics to bring variety to DDRP, you just want all and in one time in your faivorite spec on RP.

Getting really tired of trying to have a sensible conversation and getting nonsense back, so I'll just explain once more. This one simple change will give access to the abilities you need as a DPS with the greatest possible variety. You could spec for:

Sweeping Disgorgement, Changer's Touch, Chaotic Agitaiton, Winds of Insanity, Ritual of Innervation and Boon of Tzeentch. [Your dream WB spec plus BoT....]

Transference, Storm of Ravens, Mirror of Madness, Changer's Touch and Chaotic Agitaiton [your linked ST spec minus AP ritual but with CA]

Transference, Storm of Ravens, Mirror of Madness, Changer's Touch and Sweeping Disgorgement [your linked ST spec minus AP ritual but with SD]

Sweeping Disgorgement, Chaotic Agitation, Winds of Insanity, Transference, Storm of Ravens [Your linked solo spec for farm]

Transference, Storm of Ravens, Aethyric Shock, Boon of Tzeentch, Ritual of Innervation [Your linked gank spec minus Changer's Touch but plus Ritual of Innervation - you don't need heal debuff in a gank spec...

Sweeping Disgorgement, Changer's Touch, Chaotic Agitaiton, Winds of Insanity and Transference [the dream WB heal debuff spec]

Transference, Storm of Ravens, Winds of Insanity, Changer's Touch and Chaotic Agitaiton.

Transference, Storm of Ravens, Sweeping Disgorgement, Changer's Touch and Chaotic Agitaiton.

So of your favourite 4 builds, your WB spec gains Boon of Tzeentch; your solo farm spec is exactly the same; your gank spec loses heal debuff [why HD in a gank spec?] but gains Ritual of Innervation; and your ST spec loses Ritual of Innervation but gains either Chaotic Agitation or Sweeping Disgorgement.

Plus, you'd gain access to an even better WB spec offering heal debuff, Chaotic Agitation, Demon Spittle and Winds of Insanity to spread the heal debuff, 10% strikethrough and 50% of the AoE damage returned as healing to defensive target, AoE armour and corp resist debuff.

kweedko wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:54 pm Your "build" have no control, with your change we will lose MoM or SA, or Transference or SoR or BoTz, or AS so you basicaly exclude anyting exept bombing spec. It's not about AP it's about variety, your propolsal kills it and brings noting except comfort for bombing spec.

Right.

Ads
kweedko

Post#32 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:12 pm

AxelF wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:18 pm
Transference, Storm of Ravens, Mirror of Madness, Changer's Touch and Chaotic Agitaiton [your linked ST spec minus AP ritual but with CA]

Transference, Storm of Ravens, Mirror of Madness, Changer's Touch and Sweeping Disgorgement [your linked ST spec minus AP ritual but with SD]
This is basicaly same AOE spec instead of ST one, whats the point to get SD or CA if your Sourge and other first path abils don't benefit from points.
- This spec about single target damage and debufs to focus heal from distance not fluff Aoe.
Transference, Storm of Ravens, Aethyric Shock, Boon of Tzeentch, Ritual of Innervation [Your linked gank spec minus Changer's Touch but plus Ritual of Innervation - you don't need heal debuff in a gank spec...
Are you nuts no heal debuf in gank besides the " your Sourge and other first path abils don't benefit from points." - lose a heal debuf in gank? how you gonna kill someone under the heal? You deffinition of a gank i suppose is killing lone slayer or BW - but wiht you change even the gonna **** you cuse of lack ST damage nd slow killing.

Sweeping Disgorgement, Changer's Touch, Chaotic Agitaiton, Winds of Insanity and Transference [the dream WB heal debuff spec]

Transference, Storm of Ravens, Winds of Insanity, Changer's Touch and Chaotic Agitaiton.

Transference, Storm of Ravens, Sweeping Disgorgement, Changer's Touch and Chaotic Agitaiton.
You are really obssesd with transference you know? It's not "that" good for zealot.

AxelF wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:18 pm Plus, you'd gain access to an even better WB spec offering heal debuff, Chaotic Agitation, Demon Spittle and Winds of Insanity to spread the heal debuff, 10% strikethrough and 50% of the AoE damage returned as healing to defensive target, AoE armour and corp resist debuff.
You got all this now - you just asking for tranference added to it wih is totaly no need when you in wb meleebombing under guard and 2 heals.

So the point is you just don't see the whole picture cause your obsession, you don't understand mechanics of specs and skillpoints in WAR, can't understand right synergy of classes, which makes you a real newb in my eyes. ;)

catholicism198

Post#33 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Glorian wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:18 am
catholicism198 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:52 am What's their raw damage like? Is it fluff or does it actually put some pressure on the target?
They look like fun and there aren't any dwarf casters...
- Rune of Striking's base damage now matches Radiant Lance's. 277 -> 344 = +25%
- Rune of Immolation's base damage now matches Law of Conductivity's. 610 -> 710 = +18%

With raw numbers.

Rune of Striking and Immolation are the basic abilites, whith the first one usually overgone because of the little damage. While there are other damage abilities in the trees that have higher damage and an extra effect.

With the change the two ST Tactics are becoming more atractive.
The one which makes Rune of Striking and Rune of Immolation undefendable. And the one that gives +15% Crit on Rune of Striking.

I think I will try the ST DPS Runi once I have Lesti on RR80. Teamed up with another Runi and two Master Runes of Speed they could pump their Runes of Striking to 1.5 secs.
so is that good or bad??? In actual fights I mean.

Right now I'm going back and forth between a Rune-Priest and Slayer- I just have to get the right name for them.

Valfaros

Post#34 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:35 pm

kweedko wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:12 pm
AxelF wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:18 pm Plus, you'd gain access to an even better WB spec offering heal debuff, Chaotic Agitation, Demon Spittle and Winds of Insanity to spread the heal debuff, 10% strikethrough and 50% of the AoE damage returned as healing to defensive target, AoE armour and corp resist debuff.
You got all this now - you just asking for tranference added to it wih is totaly no need when you in wb meleebombing under guard and 2 heals.

So the point is you just don't see the whole picture cause your obsession, you don't understand mechanics of specs and skillpoints in WAR, can't understand right synergy of classes, which makes you a real newb in my eyes. ;)
I don't agree on a lot of things with kweedko but your proposal is in fact pretty bad as I said before. AoE build from zealot is already fine as it is. Yes you probabbly only bring 1 or 2 aoe zealots to a warband but that's okay and would only change if he brings more dps than other aoe classes, which he shouldn't.

In your proposal you compleatly destroy the single target tree to give the aoe build transference and SoR two things compleatly unneeded in a aoe build. You don't need the 10% strikethough and you certainly don't need that heal from it since you are in a warband setup where supgroups have 2 healers. You are far better of with the group utility from RoI now your healers will aswell profit from it. Why should you spec SoR in a warband there is no need for it especially now that Scourge does more dmg just go for the single target tree and DR tree as everybody else for warbands it works fine.

Your crazy proposal basically makes the DR tree a must have making BoT, RoI and AS impossible to get for st builds.
catholicism198 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:26 pm
Glorian wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:18 am
catholicism198 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:52 am What's their raw damage like? Is it fluff or does it actually put some pressure on the target?
They look like fun and there aren't any dwarf casters...
- Rune of Striking's base damage now matches Radiant Lance's. 277 -> 344 = +25%
- Rune of Immolation's base damage now matches Law of Conductivity's. 610 -> 710 = +18%

With raw numbers.

Rune of Striking and Immolation are the basic abilites, whith the first one usually overgone because of the little damage. While there are other damage abilities in the trees that have higher damage and an extra effect.

With the change the two ST Tactics are becoming more atractive.
The one which makes Rune of Striking and Rune of Immolation undefendable. And the one that gives +15% Crit on Rune of Striking.

I think I will try the ST DPS Runi once I have Lesti on RR80. Teamed up with another Runi and two Master Runes of Speed they could pump their Runes of Striking to 1.5 secs.

Right now I'm going back and forth between a Rune-Priest and Slayer- I just have to get the right name for them.
For st dps zealot it certainly was a strong buff since you get instant procs for scourge super often if you play correctly. Currently scourge hits with that change harder than the first tick of SoR which is quite intressting. For warband/aoe it doesn't really matter much and I don't know how strong this is for st dps rp since they don't have this particular tactic it didn't hurt the spec that's for sure.
Last edited by Valfaros on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.

kweedko

Post#35 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:39 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:26 pm

How raw increase of dmg can be bad? :mrgreen:

dalinvar

Post#36 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Glorian wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:46 pm - Rune of Striking's base damage now matches Radiant Lance's. 277 -> 344 = +25%
So I guess it's just a little improvement.. but probably devs are considering the idea to make rp-dps viable, step by step. I like these patches.

Didn't find any aoe-dps-rp video, somebody got something? Just to understand the gameplay

kweedko

Post#37 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:04 pm

dalinvar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:57 pm So I guess it's just a little improvement.. but probably devs are considering the idea to make rp-dps viable, step by step. I like these patches.

Didn't find any aoe-dps-rp video, somebody got something? Just to understand the gameplay
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate

Not happend in two years so relax and play META :mrgreen:

dalinvar

Post#38 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:17 pm

kweedko wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:04 pm Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate
Not happend in two years so relax and play META :mrgreen:
La speranza è l'ultima a morire
yea but last update looks like something is moving.. :lol:
anyways, no aoe-rp movies out there

Ads
catholicism198

Post#39 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:59 pm

dalinvar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:57 pm
Glorian wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:46 pm - Rune of Striking's base damage now matches Radiant Lance's. 277 -> 344 = +25%
So I guess it's just a little improvement.. but probably devs are considering the idea to make rp-dps viable, step by step. I like these patches.

If only... I'd gladly giving up most healing abilities if it meant being able to do adequate damage. 25% isn't that big of a boost.

Glorian

Post#40 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:24 pm

Actually most classes would kill for +25% damage. :)