Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Discussing the new changes

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
lefze
Suspended

Re: [SH] Discussing the new changes

Post#41 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:03 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:53 pm I'm not playing a defensive build. my strength is at 765...and I spent my rr points on weapon skill and strength. My horned squig's AA hits a no named bw for no more than 111. I'll post screenshots when I get a chance to.
765 str fully buffed? That has to be a def build. About 1k is what you aim for.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Tesq

Post#42 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:08 pm

lefze wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:03 pm
catholicism198 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:53 pm I'm not playing a defensive build. my strength is at 765...and I spent my rr points on weapon skill and strength. My horned squig's AA hits a no named bw for no more than 111. I'll post screenshots when I get a chance to.
60 dmg more, 30 under guard,,,, not much diff i asssume

lefze
Suspended

Post#43 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:08 pm
First, str mod is not the same for all abilities, so you can't put a static value. Second, guards are there to be dealt with, not hard. Third, if you absolutely have to put a static value, please include crit mod, any +%damage tactics, outside damage boosts etc. As damage from strength gains significant value from all these sources. Or you could just not make assumptions like that.
Rip Phalanx

Tesq

Post#44 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:22 pm

lefze wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:16 pm

First, str mod is not the same for all abilities, so you can't put a static value. Second, guards are there to be dealt with, not hard. Third, if you absolutely have to put a static value, please include crit mod, any +%damage tactics, outside damage boosts etc. As damage from strength gains significant value from all these sources. Or you could just not make assumptions like that.
Doaent matter toughness work before all these things so even if str get 3x on fireball toughnesa will.matter as if 3 x aswell in the end then even in the case armor/res work proportionally plus i suppose all(?) Melee skill work 1-1 ratio unlike casted skills

lefze
Suspended

Post#45 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:28 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Doaent matter toughness work before all these things so even if str get 3x on fireball toughnesa will.matter as if 3 x aswell in the end then even in the case armor/res work proportionally plus i suppose all(?) Melee skill work 1-1 ratio unlike casted skills
No.
Rip Phalanx

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#46 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:03 pm

Spoiler:
charlysixb wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:45 pm Horny.

Against a lvl 40 BW with Merc set ( around same str than you )
Spoiler:
Against a lvl 40 KOTBS with 802 toughness and 4420 armor unbuffed.
Spoiler:
Did test too with a lvl 40 AM full conqueror and got 200 dmg hits ( she was using wounds talismans not armor )

Lets be honest, this isnt a white lion pet that does things like this ( dont count moral 3 + Squig Frenzy )
Spoiler:

I know numbers aint that high but if you did got only 100 dmg on a BW... he was guarded or had detaunt up on pet.

Mira el timelog, el pet de leon pega como una metralleta 5 golpes en 2 segundos... luego mira el pet de Squig herder, pega mucho menos y encima te pega un golpe cada dos segundos, a veces 1 golpe cada 3 segundos.

Look at the timelog, the lion pet it is hiting like a machinegun 5 hits in 2 seconds... after that look at the Squig herder pet, hit way less damage amount and hit way slower (one hit each 2 seconds or 1 hit each 3 seconds sometimes)

You were warned to stay on topic and Im bored of your whining here and in game, I would suggest that you evaluate just what you are aiming to achieve - Torque

Tesq

Post#47 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:21 pm

lefze wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:28 pm

No.
(Str/int/bal- tough)= final primary stat value

thats how it work so what no to what?

lefze
Suspended

Post#48 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:26 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:21 pm
lefze wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:28 pm

No.
(Str/int/bal- tough)= final primary stat value

thats how it work so what no to what?
That is correct, figure out yourself why it is irrelevant in this case.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Tesq

Post#49 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:46 pm

I figure out that melee skill most likely 99% of em use a 1-1 ratio ( and we are talking about melee ) so this is in fact 30 dmg increase under guard, crit tactics etc are other stuff, if base tooltips are not balanced and someone is advocating for that for about half the dmg then the problem is there , not in missing 300 ish att points., Ex: 800 crit vs 400 crit,

If these values have some credibility which ,benefith of doubt, lets say they have since bw and squig are made both of papaer, the. 400 dufference in totips are more than just missing double contribution of the missung 300 str or 50% more critical dmg.

Lets say 30 x double contribution Is 60 + crit qith crit tactic is 120 then 400 + crit tactic is 600 , so 600 + 120 is 720: there are still 80 points of difference between those 2 high dmg skills show in upper screens. So even post double str contr and even add a wl tactic to squig it is still probable that tooltips are not in line. If tactic shoukd all be equal then squig ahould have tactics which make iteven with wl so leavong asode crits and crits tactoc and looking at the real issue 300 miss tooltips in primary stats is not a notable difference ( point invested in mastery are what make the most of skill dmg and not primary stats, 1 point in a mastery might give you + 6 dmg where in his place you need 30 str/etc.

Again idk how much you can trust these screens and idk if i even comparing right skills but still 300 str added will most likely change more the average hit ratio than the final raw dmg output x skill of the screen we see here; 300 str more or less are not that relevant for increase meaningfull the screens i saw imo.

Valfaros

Post#50 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:45 am

Okay first impressions.

Squig leap cool and very useful to get in and out.

Tastes like stuntie great ability and fills the gaps squig had before.

Sneaky strike good dmg and amazing armor buff. Devastating if parried.

Outta my way! Very good to run away not so much to pleeew trough people because they first boddy block you before getting kicked.
Also through sever lag they often get kicked just somewhere and not where I would like to have them get kicked. You know I hoped to play football. Just that the ball kicks the player for once. The frequency of the kick and the sometimes random direction kinda makes this impossible (but I guess it be pretty darn strong if that worked).

DMG: Currently running only 700 str but both dmg increasers (25%+15%) +650 ws and I would say the dmg is okay/maybe a bit underwhelming. You won't burst someone but since it's an aoe spec I guess that's fine.

New Really Bad Gas! Great idea to have a self buff that deals dmg. However I don't think it needs that cast time. It feels clunky and it doesn't do that much dmg that it needs this cast time but it's a nice addition together with big bouncing for aoe.

New Cd Increaser. Worse than the old one but I think it's fine like this

Squig as mount: To me was one of the most important things so I'm very happy it's finally here.

Overall view:
-Constant ap empty however this is not so much a problem when running with a zealot. However it still feels kinda meh but maybe it's just me.
-Many channels while usually not a big problem in this game any little bump or drop off will interrupt you which sucks.
-Single target dmg. Hoped a little bit for more aoe slayer like burst. Autoattack feels super weak/slow compared to other meeles. You know a little bit more kazoong but it's not that bad.
-Armor buff on the pet. Got way better with it 15s cd + half cast time + one the move. Still would have liked it on the squig armor instead but can't have it all right
-Super fun to play a meatball with lots of utility.
Let's see how I feel about these points in a few weeks.