Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] 15pt Grace Ability

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Re: New 15pt ability in Grace tree [Close Date 11th June]

Post#21 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:43 pm

I could top heals everyday of the week as a melee WP. You guys just want it all. Melee WP are like a tank. It has always been that way, Doks can get better dmg and a WP has survivability. if you buff the Grace you not only make them more tanky but basically beastmode.

and correcting me on melee healing vs dps healer shows your lack of experience. The more dmg you do the more you heal. As far as healing your team mates there are already so many abilities, and what gear set in particular that makes this super effective (ill let you figure out which one that is). If you think melee healers are not healing their teammates, I can assume you are not doing the same. If you saw ICONIC's recent video the only reason we are able to do that as a 3 man is because I assist in healing.

But hey, buff that tree, ill switched to the sacrifice/grace tree, slot AOE detuant, slot the higher dps group heals, and slot this "absorb" and you will see. Dok/WP are already a touchy issue.

And everyday all classes/races are looking for a group. Most cannot find one. Solution: make the group you want. Most of the time I only run around with tanks and healers. So if you play a dps WP and you want to be wanted...lead the WB, lead the party. Don't expect someone else do make the party and just accept your playstyle. If you don't want to change, be the leader.

Spoiler:
Right now the only change that is really needed is the beastlord set and ruin set.
Red herring tangent - Dan

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#22 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:01 pm

Spoiler:
In addition I like how someone who hasn't played a DPS WP/DPS dok to the full extent is changing my post.

WP is on par with a Dok. This game isn't a pure mirror. its survivability vs dps...pick which one you want. That's what gives this game variety.

DPS WP also have a initiative debuff..which right now is a powerful debuff. an IB/dps WP is probably the best DUO in the game right now. Jimson and I have even considered playing the two knowing this effective combo.

1) Irrelevant to OP
2) Melee healing (aka Grace) and DPS (aka Wrath) WP are two different entities.
3) A 15point ability in Grace (aka the melee heal tree) means a DPS (aka Wrath) WP would have to give up an incredible amount to get it.
4) What does an initiative debuff in Wrath tree have to do with a 15 point Grace ability?

You might want to pipe down a bit. - ptp3

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#23 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Spoiler:
Nothing I guess. I hope they do make the change. It only benefits me :)
User has been warned. Asked to keep discussions relevant to OP, refusing to do so. - ptp3

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#24 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:48 pm

Spoiler:
Lol at you being on a power trip. You can't beat me in game, so you result to getting me banned on the forums...laughable.

All of my post have been in regards to the balance. but hey at least you have some power in this life.
This is getting boring... - ptp3

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#25 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:51 pm

Spoiler:
And peter is the one that sent the message. One of his toons he plays you are trying to buff. No wonder you are trying silence me. Classic.
User has been banned from the balance forums. Enjoy your weekend. - ptp3

lefze
Suspended

Post#26 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:16 pm

Spoiler:
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:48 pm
Spoiler:
Lol at you being on a power trip. You can't beat me in game, so you result to getting me banned on the forums...laughable.

All of my post have been in regards to the balance. but hey at least you have some power in this life.
This is getting boring... - ptp3
Fully aware responding to a moderated post is a no no, but as Peter can't really go ahead and say it, I will. He did kill you personally 6 times in a 6v6, he killed your other dps dok 6 times aswell, not to speak of the other kills they did. Trying to discredit someone by lying is really low, and while you claim he's on a powertrip, the ban was justified and even us lowly players can see that.
No need - Dan
Rip Phalanx

Ramasee

Post#27 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:51 am

Ramasee wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:40 am Are you looking for every time they are hit to cause an effect, or would something like this suit your idea and address proposed issues:
Spoiler:
Sigmar's Protection: Can only be used after being snared, rooted, knockbacked, knocked down, or disarmed.. Instant cast. 30s CD. Applies a blessing for 10s (or a buff for 6s). 25% reduced incoming damage. RF cost of abilities is reduced by 50%.

Now when you are pushed out of the fight by CC, you have the ability to cast heals until the effects wear off or to prevent a group member from dieing. The reduced RF cost would allow for spamming of heals throughout the effect (if you had near 250).

The damage reduction would help assist you if you become the focused target, but only if they hamper your ability to heal yourself with lifetaps. Since the ability cannot be activated if you do not get CCed.
Deadpoet wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:28 pm I must say your idea is very appealing. The fact that the ability could be activated while the WP is cc'd is spot on, and the fact that it can only be activated in that case is even better. I had envisioned something like that when I began thinking about this but never got to elaborate on it.

The only problem I see is that, like some of the ideas by other posters, it points to a melee-casted heals hybrid that is very difficult to make effective enough. It is true that a 25% inc damage reduction would go a long way to alleviate the lack of AoE detaunt in a Grace-Salvation spec, but on the other hand if we are gone all the way up to 15pt ability in Grace we don't have enough remaining points in Slavation tree to grab important abilities and boost our casted heals.
If you are pushed out of the melee because of movement impairs or a knockback, casted heals are the only way to help a teammate in need. This is why I put two parts, for two different kinds of pressure initiated by the same type of effect. You wouldn't need to go up salvation to boost your heals since you are only using them when you cannot hit in melee and after using this ability. It also fits well with a proposal currently under review:

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=26184

Culdu

Post#28 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:30 pm

As already said, you can make a melee healer quite tough. But he lacks realiability.
Spoiler:
I can understand the melee healer is not tough enough, and so not able to heal argumentation, but this is just a random grp or random scenario problem. With a competent Tank and Grp it is just not true. - Not talking about Zergplay but most classes have only one suitable specc for zergplay
So this ability shouldn't end up in a even tougher melee healer, but in a tool for a melee healer in a counterplay situation.
I guess we all agree that it is our aim to bring the melee healer in a state, that it would be an acceptable option to take a melee healer as 2. healer in a 6 man. Besides from just doing it out of fun.
With the pros of high burstheal and ignore of healreduce(when melee) and the con of healvalue dependant on target defense and the need for a high situational awarness.

My adjustments to the ability on begining of page 2 were tailored to that
Spoiler:
...1 Sec casttime -> You can't just hit the button meanwhile,you have to decide if it's worth it, compared to divine assault/rend soul for example or moving ;-)

Single target 100 feet range -> You can just safe one, but the ability is strong enough to really have a benefit

-> Proc and casttime would require a good track of the battlefield because you have to use it before the focus starts.

Keep

25 %chance to proc 550 absorb shield on being hit with 1 sec internal cooldown -> like your idea to make it a proc not a allways same effect, on dual wield melee focus that should bring out more than 4k abso ...

10 sec duration -> enough time to endure a focus and /or reposition.

30 sec cooldown...
I think that would give you a good tool to help your grp out in the situations where melee healer is at the moment just useless. But it is not the mandatory key to press then , depends on whole situation, position and ... luck. Which the min/max ppl would hate :)

Ads
nailinthehead

Post#29 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:24 am

What I see as inconsistency is that you keep underlining the need of improving reliability of grace WP and yet you propose 1s cast (so can be set back) - 25% chance to proc (so it may not proc at all) skill. IMHO WP has too much of "have a chance to do something" abilities. Also being a single target ability seems like not being worth investing 15pts.

anarchypark

Post#30 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:56 am

you probably are familiar with tactic Leading the Prayer.
that's the example of grace WP.
it works when we having advantages.
it doesn't work when team is running.
well, maybe every classes have this problem.
but i felt grace WP suffer it more than others.

because of resource.
other classes don't need downtime to function.
WP need 3sec to recharge. or target to recharge( which lead to being CC or put himself in danger ).
both are downtime.
to become mediocre group healer, Grace have to face these heavy obstacles.

0 resource Grace is not a healer. their tank/dps role is weak.
ST grace heal requires many resources.
overhealing happens a lot, wasting resources.
eventually you run out of it to sustain group health.

1on1 or duo is fine.
any direct buffs will result OP in small scale.

here is my suggestion.
RF recharge. instant 250 or 50 per 5sec. or 100 per 3sec = 300.
ofc morales gone for 5min.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)