Recent Topics

Ads

Racial imbalance

Let's talk about... everything else
adamthelc

Re: Racial imbalance

Post#11 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:53 am

Faction balance always swings back and forth.

I wish there was some solution, but there really isnt a good one.

People who are going to quit because they are in a phase when they are outnumbered are eventually going to quit at some point.

Try to come up with all the solutions you want, it is a constant that comes with the design of the game and the nature of most players.

In order to truly enjoy the game you have to be able to enjoy it when you are outnumbered and when you are the faction thats winning.

I dont expect the vast majority of players to accept that, but its the truth.

Ads
dansari

Post#12 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:55 am

What are you even talking about?

Slayer > Choppa
SW > SH
Knight > Chosen

Stop whining. The only time order is worse than destro is when they put together suboptimal rvr comps. Unfortunately for order you can only play about 3 DPS classes to be relevant: pull engy, Slayer, and BW. When it comes right down to it, a full wb with 5 BW, 2 SL, 1 pull engy will melt anything you throw at it.

The unfortunate part is that if you really want to put together the best band possible, you gotta play one of those three classes. But it's on order to realize that trying to fill bands with SWs, WLs, and WHs is not going to allow you to beat everything. It'd be great if every class was good at rvr, but it's just not.
<Salt Factory>

Pumatouch

Post#13 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:11 am

How about certain game meta's being completely unacchievable on the one side? Folks who would want to pursue that kind of playstyle would have to go elsewhere. Alternative is a 1 min cd nullifier of the entire meta, if placed correctly. Fun.
Arthur - Slarti - Halgal - Binwin
Each and every Dawi under my command owes me one hundred scalps.
And I want my scalps.

Scrilian

Post#14 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:22 am

dansari wrote: Slayer > Choppa
SW > SH
Knight > Chosen
This is debatable, at best.
Spoiler:
Chosen is nearly guard damage immune compared to KotBS and his mediocre 5% all-crit+15% inc healing, without baseline wounds debuff outside of gimp 2hander and no -25% inc healing aura. And don't forget 200 morale on block.
SH has none of the restrictions of SW stances yet all the benefits, plus Covenant of Celerity procing ranged pet that can actually soft-guard SH with a tactic, selfpump himself to a M2 huge slow and be roughly twice as mobile as SW on top of Bad Gas(non-gimped version of Shatter Limbs) - more than enough to be better than 7% crit provided by SW.
Slayer, yea, comes out ahead of choppa due to Rampage+ID, but I'd say not too much due to latter having about 2k more HP and 25% more crit damage and current gear levels being far away from wounds cap.
BW>Sorc without a doubt currently, but that makes up for Marauder/ZDPS Zealot being completely viable and very strong unlike WL/RP amd don't get me started on the ease of use of pumping stuff >_<
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Fey

Post#15 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:42 am

Just lol, this thread.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

alusnova

Post#16 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:59 am

Hrm SW > SH ...

Is not the devs fault why there is unbalanced sometimes , I play at different times and find it sometimes order wins and sometimes Destro wins but yes unbalance to a certain degree will exist when you have 2 factions , too bad this game was not like the best PvP game ever DAOC with 3 factions there was no such thing as unbalanced, with 2 factions we will always have periods where one side dominates and a few players call it quit.

I think someone had a great point have to be able to accept that you can't always win and enjoy when you are winning and losing , take a scenario for example win or lose I don't get upset (Unless a personal attack lol ) I enjoy the challenge either way. If you just stop caring about medals, gear and RR and just play you will enjoy this more.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#17 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:07 am

Akilinus wrote: Sounds like a pug problem make a group and farm the destro that 20% aao will only make the reward better for your group
You mean getting basically zero actual XP or renown because you aren't capping any objectives or keeps, and the moment you run into the destro zerg or another destro 6 man you will be completely annihilated. 20% of zero is still zero.

kindred4080

Post#18 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:12 am

This whole thread is a joke.

The major problem of these whiny guys, who tries to persuade each and every1 is the fact that you just give up almost instantly. Like common, try to do your best, gather into guild, form a decent wb (at least 2-2-2 for each party, not even telling about current meta setups, it will come with time), coordinate ppl, share comms. Do something if you want to to succeed.
Personally i felt the pain of playing solo marauder, but i said to myself: "No dude, eventualy you'll wreck 'em!"

But don't forget the main rule: games were made for fun.
Shoom - Marauder
Nobguzzlah - Black Orc
Proud member of "No Remorse" :)

Ads
OgiWanBG

Post#19 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:29 am

dansari wrote:What are you even talking about?

Slayer > Choppa
SW > SH
Knight > Chosen

Stop whining. The only time order is worse than destro is when they put together suboptimal rvr comps. Unfortunately for order you can only play about 3 DPS classes to be relevant: pull engy, Slayer, and BW. When it comes right down to it, a full wb with 5 BW, 2 SL, 1 pull engy will melt anything you throw at it.

The unfortunate part is that if you really want to put together the best band possible, you gotta play one of those three classes. But it's on order to realize that trying to fill bands with SWs, WLs, and WHs is not going to allow you to beat everything. It'd be great if every class was good at rvr, but it's just not.
Disagree for SW>SH and debatable for KotBS>Chosen

On topic:
Some day ppl will learn that playing against larger/zerg opponent with AAO actually benefits them. Old days of WAR most of the famous players seek and played only in AAO zone. Its not easy but its doable .
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

Sulorie

Post#20 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:35 am

Mystry wrote:
Akilinus wrote: Sounds like a pug problem make a group and farm the destro that 20% aao will only make the reward better for your group
You mean getting basically zero actual XP or renown because you aren't capping any objectives or keeps, and the moment you run into the destro zerg or another destro 6 man you will be completely annihilated. 20% of zero is still zero.
You don't have to cap objectives and take keeps to get xp/rr. Build a group and make kills.
Ofc you need some experience with the game to be able to play as underdog. It is a matter of how well you play.
If you keep blaming the bigger numbers of your enemy I can tell you one thing, you will never succeed.
Dying is no option.