Let's talk about... everything else
Lilim
Community Management

Re: Discord - Official RoR server

Post#191 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:24 pm

Valterius wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:18 pm
Lilim wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:21 am
Valterius wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:09 am
I physically do not own a phone of any kind, so I'm in a similar boat as him, and the CMs I tried to @ are all set to private and won't get my messages because we share no servers.

?????

I have so many questions about that....
I mean that I physically do not own a telephone, cellular or otherwise. When I try to message any of the people listed as CM on disc, the messages are rejected with the error message telling me that my message was not sent because I am not friends with the person, nor do I share a server with them.
?????

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#192 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:33 pm

Lilim wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:24 pm
Valterius wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:18 pm
Lilim wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:21 am

?????

I mean that I physically do not own a telephone, cellular or otherwise. When I try to message any of the people listed as CM on disc, the messages are rejected with the error message telling me that my message was not sent because I am not friends with the person, nor do I share a server with them.
?????

Then you won't be able to use our Discord. We require a phone tied to your account as it prevents a lot of bot behavior.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

CurBe

Post#193 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:49 am

I keep getting a verification request when I try to join. My Discord is already verified so I get an error that the email is already verified. Any suggestions?

Lilim
Community Management

Post#194 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:49 am

CurBe wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:49 am I keep getting a verification request when I try to join. My Discord is already verified so I get an error that the email is already verified. Any suggestions?
Hm? You can just ask in the #general that the bot doesn't work....so we will verify you by hand

CurBe

Post#195 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:06 pm

Lilim wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:49 am
CurBe wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:49 am I keep getting a verification request when I try to join. My Discord is already verified so I get an error that the email is already verified. Any suggestions?
Hm? You can just ask in the #general that the bot doesn't work....so we will verify you by hand
Great! Thank you!

Discord is the same as my forum name.

Edit: I'm curious if the Discord link is simply broken. The Discord tooltip suggests that it may be.

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/ar ... 0001556852

R1CH

Post#196 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:10 pm

I'm also not a fan of the phone requirement on the Discord, of all the servers I am in this is the only one with such a requirement. I can understand it being enabled during a bot raid or similar, but having it on all the time seems a bit excessive.

Grimgrin92

Post#197 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:17 pm

Hey! i sent the bot the verification code but it says unable to send?

Lilim
Community Management

Post#198 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:05 pm

Grimgrin92 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:17 pm Hey! i sent the bot the verification code but it says unable to send?
Hey,

Just ask in #general to get verified.

Ads
Mahaedros

Post#199 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:04 am

It won't accept my overseas number (China Telecom) and I've no other number. Is there a work around?

R1CH

Post#200 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:25 pm

It would be nice if the phone requirement was removed if you verify with the RoR bot. You still stop spambots since they won't link their account.