Recent Topics

Ads

[SLAYER] What would make Giantslayer Tree useful again?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Osred

[SLAYER] What would make Giantslayer Tree useful again?

Post#1 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:25 pm

Sup Dawi,

Now that the Balance Forums are open for proposals, i thought about putting one in for the Slayer specifically for the Giantslayer tree, seeing how skavenslayer/troll is much better at dishing out single target damage than the actual single target tree. Also how its utterly pointless to weild a 2h on slayer right now.

I'm looking for input on suggestions to make the Giantslayer tree actually worth putting points into however I'm dumbstruck as to how I'd go about it. Seeing as how skavenslayer/troll is much better at dishing out single target damage than the actual single target tree.

There's also other minor tactics not related to Giantslayer that I find just pointless and need addressing such as;
-Runic Blessings
-Hastened Punishment
-Honor Restored
-The Bigger they are
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Ads
simtex
Suspended

Re: [SLAYER] What would make Giantslayer Tree useful again?

Post#2 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:58 pm

Something like this, spellbreaker would be spammable skill, with nice wounds debuff, inc HD, rampage (this would be rr40+full merc). i dont think its a bad tree at all, makes you squishy as hell and easy target though. but power through is kind of mandatory for soloing.

if you're going to make a thread about slayers in balance discussion, i think rather skaven tree need to be looked at, alot of power in that one making any other spec useless. shatter limbs nerf seems in order if you ask me.
Beautybeast|Buffedbabe|Inikah|Simtex|Seifu
twitch

Toldavf

Post#3 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:12 pm

The main problem with the tree is that in order to effectively utilise it you have to slot power through. Droping rage on slayer is essential at times but undesirable when you are killing a target, the fact that the giant slayer tree nd spal style is reliant on several skills that all drop rage (devestate, death blow, spell breaker) makes it worse.

A small fix that would make it more attractive would be to change violent impacts so that those 3 skills exclusively don't drop rage sort of like a mini power through. Odc tat might be op but we wont really know till its tested.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#4 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:50 pm

Seriusly asking for a slayer buff? Blackguard just got a minor redistribution in abilities... while enginer buff is killing gameplay in server, and still dare to ask for a buff in one of the best melee dps classes in game, be serious please.

We may talk about how chopa bites the dust against any slayer's build first.

Osred

Post#5 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Lektroluv wrote:Seriusly asking for a slayer buff? Blackguard just got a minor redistribution in abilities... while enginer buff is killing gameplay in server, and still dare to ask for a buff in one of the best melee dps classes in game, be serious please.

We may talk about how chopa bites the dust against any slayer's build first.
The way you're wording it is as if you get Giantslayer tree specced just handed to you on top of the current ID/SL meta. No you choose one or the other. Nobody uses Giantslayer just as nobody uses 2h weapons. Thats 1/3 of the entire slayer mastery and 1 of 2 weapon types thats gathering dust.

The idea is the get giantslayer actually attractive to use. This ofcourse would mean buffs for Choppa as well considering they share similar skills. Dont think buffing a **** unused slayer tree means leaving Choppa behind.
Lektroluv wrote:while enginer buff is killing gameplay in server
Yeah Bitterstone Thunderers been wrecking PF and Phalanx for days son. /sarcasm
Last edited by Osred on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaggyboomboom

Post#6 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Lektroluv wrote:while enginer buff is killing gameplay in server
XD

Reesh

Post#7 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Toldavf wrote:The main problem with the tree is that in order to effectively utilise it you have to slot power through. Droping rage on slayer is essential at times but undesirable when you are killing a target, the fact that the giant slayer tree nd spal style is reliant on several skills that all drop rage (devestate, death blow, spell breaker) makes it worse.

A small fix that would make it more attractive would be to change violent impacts so that those 3 skills exclusively don't drop rage sort of like a mini power through. Odc tat might be op but we wont really know till its tested.
Exacly, that's the case, with an additional problem that I'll get into later. I've recently, once again, did some testing upon giantslayer tree (I do it every once in a while when being bored with typical build). Specifically violent impacts was tested. It's not reliable and it's change might make this tree viable again.
Changing it to something like you've said: devastate, spellbreaker and deathblow will not longer drop your rage;
or: the next 3 exhaust blows won't remove your rage;
or: make it to 75% instead of 50%.

Second thing that would improve is a reliable tactic that increases % crit dmg, even the 25% amount like the choppa has would be good. Fierce might is unreliable and not usable, as it was also extensively tested by me.

"Dead tactics" are also a case, but I'm not going to go that road, since most of the classes have those.

And yeah, if something would be done with tactics mentioned, they should've been also changed at choppa since they're pretty much mirrored. (with the exception of fierce might, since the choppa has much different and better one, yer gettin' soft)

Toldavf

Post#8 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:34 pm

I would say that fierce might is a separate issue and not something that should be tackled at the same time. First make 2 handed more attractive/viable then go from there.

Baby steps.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
Osred

Post#9 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Reesh wrote:
Toldavf wrote:The main problem with the tree is that in order to effectively utilise it you have to slot power through. Droping rage on slayer is essential at times but undesirable when you are killing a target, the fact that the giant slayer tree nd spal style is reliant on several skills that all drop rage (devestate, death blow, spell breaker) makes it worse.

Exacly, that's the case, with an additional problem that I'll get into later. I've recently, once again, did some testing upon giantslayer tree (I do it every once in a while when being bored with typical build). Specifically violent impacts was tested. It's not reliable and it's change might make this tree viable again.
Changing it to something like you've said: devastate, spellbreaker and deathblow will not longer drop your rage;
or: the next 3 exhaust blows won't remove your rage;
or: make it to 75% instead of 50%.

Second thing that would improve is a reliable tactic that increases % crit dmg, even the 25% amount like the choppa has would be good. Fierce might is unreliable and not usable, as it was also extensively tested by me.

"Dead tactics" are also a case, but I'm not going to go that road, since most of the classes have those.

And yeah, if something would be done with tactics mentioned, they should've been also changed at choppa since they're pretty much mirrored. (with the exception of fierce might, since the choppa has much different and better one, yer gettin' soft)
Thankyou this is the exact type of response I was looking for.

Kali14
Banned

Post#10 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:10 am

Giant slayer spec you may play only in party because in this build your defeance is almost 0. In giant spec you give enemy +30% to critically hit you and got double damages. And slayer/choppa are always the most attacked characters in game. You may only go in troll spec for rune of absorption and rest your points spent on giant tree if not play always in premade. Enemy rdps just kill you before you come enought cloose to hit them.