Recent Topics

Ads

Forcing People To Cap Other Regions

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
TenTonHammer

Re: Forcing People To Cap Other Regions

Post#21 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:48 am

Jaycub wrote:Server is in beta, just roll it out for a week... if it **** revert it.

As things are now I personally don't even bother with RvR unless it's farming idiots attacking a keep w/ AAO.
We already did

In t2

Were you not playing then?

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:13 am

TenTonHammer wrote:
Azarael wrote:
And what we have now isn't?
No, it isnt, that previous bothched system either resulted in a zerg steam roll through each zone or aggravating stalemates, 3 zones unlocked means that there are never real stalemntes as you can try to move to another zone to "reset" the conflict and takes away the steam roll potential of zergs as they cant be in 3 zones at once
The underdog can't be in 3 zones at once as well. The numeric advantage stays the same, even with 3 open zones. When all underdogs move to one zone, the zerg can follow them and nothing changes at all.

All it needs is a system, which prevents crossraiding empty zones and at the same time opens up all zone and promotes fights across the whole zone, not only at the keep, when the siege is ready. It's not too hard.
Dying is no option.

roadkillrobin

Post#23 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:58 am

A sugestion would be to split the Zerg with objectives rather then zones. Remove the lockdown timers on BO's and have em drop chests on Zone locks for people who sit and defend the BO's when zone is taken.

Danielle

Post#24 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:30 am

Azarael wrote:We used to have rotating regions with only one active at a time, but people complained about being forced to fight in one zone.

I think it would actually be a good thing for all tiers to bring that back.
I would like it for T1, because Zergenplatz ges boring pretty quickly, other zones are completely unused, and the costs for switching a zone by flying are minimal. It would be even cooler if the starting zones could be rotated for everyone - one week everyone in dwarf/greenskin one week everyone in high elf/dark elf, one week everyone in empire/chaos - rinse and repeat, again, because the t1 zones for all realms are really cool and unfortunately basically unused. I do understand different things may take priority though ^^.

For T4 you can just take a look at what the activity and fights are like when when two of the other pairings are locked and only one remains open. Unless there's a zerg steamrolling which locks all the zones, the result is stalemated dead ORvR with minimal activity until the server pairings get reset due to a patch/update/crash. The times when only one pairing is open and no side has the advantage are literally some of the worst for any type of ORvR in t4 from my experience.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

roadkillrobin

Post#25 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:57 am

Danielle wrote:
For T4 you can just take a look at what the activity and fights are like when when two of the other pairings are locked and only one remains open. Unless there's a zerg steamrolling which locks all the zones, the result is stalemated dead ORvR with minimal activity until the server pairings get reset due to a patch/update/crash. The times when only one pairing is open and no side has the advantage are literally some of the worst for any type of ORvR in t4 from my experience.
I think that experience is due to people cluster up at one location rather beeing spread out over the map.

Danielle

Post#26 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:01 am

roadkillrobin wrote:
Danielle wrote:
I think that experience is due to people cluster up at one location rather beeing spread out over the map.
That's in part a reason for it, but clustering up at one location and actually fighting is still an okayish experience in my book, not dreadful boredom. The overwhelming problem though is when both sides have somewhat even forces that cannot take each other's keeps. One side gets defeated at BOs, stops fighting at BOs. The other side hits their keep once, then realizes they can' take the keep. Both sides sit in keeps and everybody gradually quits and ORvR action slowly dies. If people are actually running around in massive zergs and slaughtering each other at BOs, that's still some action and a pretty great one for those of us who like large scale fights; the problem is that is not what usually happens with one pairing open.

Multiple zones open at the same time allow people to strategically outmanouever the enemy even with even numbers, or give people the illusion that they can strategically outmanouever the enemy, resulting in continuous action.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Morf

Post#27 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:19 pm

For t1 i think its a good idea to have 1 map open at any given time and maybe also for t2 and t3 however if u are close to leaving a tier and wish to complete the rvr inf it sucks to be forced to a zone you dont need inf in which can lead to ppl logging off.

T4 needs the freedom of many zones, being locked in 1 zone sucks, ppl get bored and log off after having the same fights in the same place, furthermore for the future where forts and city sieges come into play being able to work on other zones to out smart your enemy is very much needed.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Shutyergob

Post#28 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:33 pm

If this happened, then the organized players wouldn't be able to do that age old 'pug diversion' trick:

1. try to take zone A
2. Yell for help on all channels about how low the door % is at Keep A
3. Pugs flock to zone
4. organized wb slips off and takes an empty zone
5. pugs are slaughtered in zone A

Note there's nothing wrong with using pugs as a diversion... It's rather like Robb Stark sending a few thousand to their deaths against the Lannisters so that his main army can escape. Just pointing out that it won't happen anymore should this be implemented.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#29 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:01 pm

I think it can be done with a RVR mechanic that spreads people out over the maps instead of the static funnels at the keeps wich is basicly what happens with equal numbers. If you can manage to figure out a mechanic that spreads 100 people from each side to around 4-5 locations on the map then there would be epic fights all over the maps consistantly. I still think the sullution to the problem that is that the BO's don't need to be activly defended is removing the BO lockdowns and add rewards simular to keep takes for defending them on zone flips.

Basicly: You attack the Keep and defend the BO's or defend the Keep and attack the BO's.

Gobtar

Post#30 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:54 pm

The campaign is just very basic "tug of war" set-up, not an world spanning war effort, I feel much of these problems could be fixed with a dynamic campaign. I know that sounds like a lot of work but right now it's either zerg or Ninja with very little in between.

Disclaimer: this from a NA perspective and not indicative of the entire game.