Recent Topics

Ads

Total War : Warhammer - Armors, Weapons files in RoR ?

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Total War : Warhammer - Armors, Weapons files in RoR ?

Post#11 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:44 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:What I meant is this:
Could we (the ROR community) make new assets for the game. Custom made from scratch. That would mean we wouldn't get targeted by AAA companies etc. We could create our own "Workshop".
Yes, These things might be possible. But I don't think there is anything like this planned, yet.
Blodia wrote:Assuming you could rip the textures and models, wouldn't it be possible to make the mod client-side instead of server-side?
There were mods for WoW private servers which allowed that and/or using the new models in older expansions, only client-side.

No Ripping from other Games!

Ads
perche

Post#12 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:04 pm

saupreusse wrote:
perche wrote:but that textures can be used in ror with 2 different graphic engines?
Just convert them and scale them. But its too risky to steal from another company.
Or are you a Pirate?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBH4g_ua5es[/youtube]

btw war online have a cartoon style and dunno if the total warhammer textures mix very well.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

TenTonHammer

Post#13 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:05 pm

RyanMakara wrote:Been thinking about this. Funnily enough I recognise certain weapon and shield designs from Warhammer Online, in Total War Warhammer.

Yep, i defiantly recognize this shield design

potz

Post#14 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:32 pm

If the artwork or designs in Total War Warhammer seems recognisable from Age of Reckoning, it is really not strange at all. TW Warhammer is not inspired by AoR in their designs. The two games are both built on Games Workshops Warhammer Fantasy Battles, ie inspired by the same source.

Penril

Post#15 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:45 pm

potz wrote:If the artwork or designs in Total War Warhammer seems recognisable from Age of Reckoning, it is really not strange at all. TW Warhammer is not inspired by AoR in their designs. The two games are both built on Games Workshops Warhammer Fantasy Battles, ie inspired by the same source.
This.

Deadpxxl

Post#16 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:32 pm

potz wrote:If the artwork or designs in Total War Warhammer seems recognisable from Age of Reckoning, it is really not strange at all. TW Warhammer is not inspired by AoR in their designs. The two games are both built on Games Workshops Warhammer Fantasy Battles, ie inspired by the same source.
If you look on the picture I posted, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk got in his right hand the 2h "No Mercy" Weapon Skin from the T4 Dwarf Epic Quest from Age of Reckoning. This Axe was created by Age of Reckoning so they were inspired or took old files from the game but overall you're right for basic armors.
Garod - Ironbreaker (Uzgul Bakraz)
Ungor - Daemon Slayer (Uzgul Bakraz)
Karadrin - Runepriest (Uzgul Bakraz)
Imgur - Longbeard (Uzgul Bakraz)
Brogarr - Engineer (Uzgul Bakraz)
Imgor - Hammerer

sergkalas

Post#17 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:44 pm

I believe these new and good looking skins and textures from Total War Warhammer would not fit nicely with the old graphics of AoR, however it's a good idea to import textures from other Warhammer games, and sure many of you have played "Warhammer Mark of Chaos" the PC game of 2008. It has a quite similar artstyle to our beloved RoR
Take a look at the screens and just imagine them implemented in new weapons and armors:

Buragrim Mjolnarsson - Norsca Dwarf Hammerer of Kraka Drak
Brognar Ironbeard - Ironbreaker of Karak Norn
Galdrim Firebeard - Skavenslayer of Karak Kadrin
Dragni Trueshoot - Thunderer

Novgoroth

Post#18 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:46 pm

Deadpxxl wrote:Hi,

I would like to know if it was possible to take "Total War : Warhammer" armors, weapons, beards etc.. files and use them in RoR ? I suppose there is copyrights but GW let RoR Server live so it might be possible ?

I made this character ...
And i can tell you this: it is absolutly not possible to do it. Creative Assembly and Games Workshop would shut down RoR immediatly.
And btw, it's not the same shadding technology. WarTW is using PBR shaders, and RoR is using an old method, it would take so many times to convert them.
Scaarlett - Disciple of Khaine | Scarlett - Witch Elf | Scarlettonice - Sorceress | Scarlette - Zealot

Scarlettonfire - Bright Wizzard | Scarlettsm - Swordmaster | Scarlettm - Witch Hunter | Navselene - Archmage

Ads
Azarael

Post#19 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:52 pm

Using assets from any other game in this project is a copyright violation, and not the kind that we are forced to accept for the sake of keeping this project running.

We will not even consider that.

That's notwithstanding the technical restrictions that Novgoroth already pointed out. This engine ain't built to handle modern shading techniques and performs badly enough as it is.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#20 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Azarael wrote:Using assets from any other game in this project is a copyright violation, and not the kind that we are forced to accept for the sake of keeping this project running.

We will not even consider that.

That's notwithstanding the technical restrictions that Novgoroth already pointed out. This engine ain't built to handle modern shading techniques and performs badly enough as it is.
and I really hoped for a WOW - WAR mashup :'(