Recent Topics

Ads

Huge Latency issues

Let's talk about... everything else
icum0nu

Re: Huge Latency issues

Post#11 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:48 pm

The lags is real, all actions delayed by ~2sec or more.

Ads
Sardaukar

Post#12 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:54 pm

Elven wrote:There's nothing you can do on your end to improve the latency. It is on the server side. However, there will be plans to improve this and hopefully fix or at least significantly reduce the amount of lag.

The server has only been online for 5 days :D

AND A GLORIOUS FIVE DAYS IT HAS BEEN.

Syfriax

Post#13 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:54 pm

Its more or less unplayable, I gotta say. I mean, I can grind through mobs and try to do quests, but the latency gets so extreme even that proves difficult.
I'm guessing the servers are hosted in Europe? I'm on the west coast of the US, so I'm screwed.
Its Constantinople, not Istanbul.
Also, its Rhodesia, not Zimbabwe

Elven
Former Staff

Post#14 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:56 pm

Syfriax wrote:Its more or less unplayable, I gotta say. I mean, I can grind through mobs and try to do quests, but the latency gets so extreme even that proves difficult.
I'm guessing the servers are hosted in Europe? I'm on the west coast of the US, so I'm screwed.
Yeah, it's gotten worse because now more people are frequently logging on. Also the rvr system is in place which is yet another mechanic for the server to process.

Syfriax

Post#15 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Elven wrote:
Syfriax wrote:Its more or less unplayable, I gotta say. I mean, I can grind through mobs and try to do quests, but the latency gets so extreme even that proves difficult.
Yeah, it's gotten worse because now more people are frequently logging on. Also the rvr system is in place which is yet another mechanic for the server to process.
God bless anyone who tries to RvR with this sort of latency. Its dangerous enough when you're just walking around and accidentally pull several mobs because they didn't render on your screen until it was far too late.

Sarasil

Post#16 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:03 pm

It has been only a few days and we have already overpopulated it? Well done all! Good to see we have enough numbers to make a mess out of it... xD
Natharyn (sw)/Umatharil (sm)/Jillian (doc)

Find my fantasy art on my website and on facebook

monster

Post#17 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:09 pm

Sarasil wrote:It has been only a few days and we have already overpopulated it? Well done all! Good to see we have enough numbers to make a mess out of it... xD
The servers can't handle us dwarves!

Sildur

Post#18 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Well most of the lag is hardware caused, however you can try to open your cmd console and type in "ping 72.55.133.102" to find out your ping on the server, mine is 120-140..so everything under 200 should be playable.

Ads
Syfriax

Post#19 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:25 pm

Sildur wrote:
Well most of the lag is hardware caused, however you can try to open your cmd console and type in "ping 72.55.133.102" to find out your ping on the server, mine is 120-140..so everything under 200 should be playable.
115. It seems a lot better than it was a half hour ago, oddly enough.

loonbg

Post#20 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:16 pm

here now is 237ms before hour - 120ms.. lag is big can't cast one spell and in server have only 25 ppl