Recent Topics

Ads

PvP system

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Telen
Suspended

Re: PvP Ego system

Post#21 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:45 pm

hulkhug wrote: How many people do you see stay in game when they farm up entire set and all items? 10% of those that reached that stage? This is about making sure that people have something to do once MAX armor, lvl is reached. This would be contribution to your own faction/guild, ego contribution true and it would definitely add more tactics. We do not even have warband fights atm as people just change realm when it suits them.... And just to break it to you, ego system always worked and gave people more to do.
The campaign isnt even close to finished. The real mission should be to make an engaging campaign that people want to get involved in. So an epeen counter isnt needed. I hate the idea of watering down war with moba tropes. Its the sc scoreboard mentality brought into rvr. There is already a scoreboard for rvr its the bos and keep colours.

Ads
hulkhug

Post#22 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Telen wrote:
hulkhug wrote: How many people do you see stay in game when they farm up entire set and all items? 10% of those that reached that stage? This is about making sure that people have something to do once MAX armor, lvl is reached. This would be contribution to your own faction/guild, ego contribution true and it would definitely add more tactics. We do not even have warband fights atm as people just change realm when it suits them.... And just to break it to you, ego system always worked and gave people more to do.
The campaign isnt even close to finished. The real mission should be to make an engaging campaign that people want to get involved in. So an epeen counter isnt needed. I hate the idea of watering down war with moba tropes.
I played way too many pvp games to find out that epeen is all that matters. This system would bring more people into rvr zone as most people do not even form warbands as they like to play with friends and what not and would also make sure people keep playing for longer period of time.
Characters: Gladius (RP), Naulin (AM), Beardicus (WP), Hive (BG)
Guild: The Unlikely Plan / TUP

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/phyrexianhulk

hulkhug

Post#23 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:50 pm

hulkhug wrote:
Telen wrote:
The campaign isnt even close to finished. The real mission should be to make an engaging campaign that people want to get involved in. So an epeen counter isnt needed. I hate the idea of watering down war with moba tropes.
I played way too many pvp games to find out that epeen is all that matters. This system would bring more people into rvr zone as most people do not even form warbands as they like to play with friends and what not and would also make sure people keep playing for longer period of time.
EDIT: I understand fears that this would just become gank fest but I honestly doubt it. This would encourage warbands to fight each other instead of facing each other from different sides of the wall.

Caffeine

Post#24 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:57 pm

hulkhug wrote: This would include some coding (both game and website so data could be transferred to web easily).
I'm with OP in wondering if the team would be ok with releasing data like zone kills, SC scores etc to the public. The community could make some cool websites with that kinda of info.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Luicetarro

Post#25 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:59 pm

One man + Oil = Profit.

Would skyrocket into your list, ensuring no oil would be fired by a partymember ever again. They all would just leave the wb, to solo their kills.

hulkhug

Post#26 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:05 pm

Oil would have to be addressed but who knows, maybe half attackers won't be afk then.

Telen
Suspended

Post#27 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:06 pm

hulkhug wrote: I played way too many pvp games to find out that epeen is all that matters. This system would bring more people into rvr zone as most people do not even form warbands as they like to play with friends and what not and would also make sure people keep playing for longer period of time.
Thats a tiny minority here. The trinity system means that theres no way you can have every pug wb split up and make perfect 2/2/2 that you would need to. Yet the majority play all sorts of classes in all variety of wbs setup. If epeen was the only thing then why is it only a handful of the same people queueing in the same fotm setups from 6 years ago. The majority understand the game isnt about that. Theres no ladders no ratings. This isnt a pvp competitive game. Those handful that are still playing it like that from 6 years ago are stuck in the wrong game. Those players are now in mobas.
Last edited by Telen on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luicetarro

Post#28 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:13 pm

hulkhug wrote:Oil would have to be addressed but who knows, maybe half attackers won't be afk then.
Siege-weapon in general, since if oil would be blocked, ppl would hop onto an AoE-blaster to grab low-HP targets to get the last hit.
And if you'd block all siege-equips, ppl eager to get those points wouldn't man them, so they might not getting used at all, if everyone is about ego, as you state.

Ads
hulkhug

Post#29 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:14 pm

I do not want to split warbands too much. Majority of players do pvdoor, farm pqs for armor set and once they reach the "end" they either reroll or take a break from the game. This system would encourage smaller groups of people to go more often into rvr as there would be some kind of reward for them.

When talking about warbands i will repeat myself like a broken record again: From 4 warbands out of the keep good change is 3 of them are afk waiting for doors to go down. Great system we have there.

Solo players = more risk in rvr zone. Small groups = more risk.

We are talking about these points like they provide us with some kind of 1337 items of a sort when instead they just provide more options to the game. This system would not break proper warbands or anything like that. It would just encourage more fights in all forms.
Last edited by hulkhug on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Telen
Suspended

Post#30 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:16 pm

hulkhug wrote:I do not want to split warbands too much. Majority of players do pvdoor, farm pqs for armor set and once they reach the "end" they either reroll or take a break from the game. This system would encourage smaller groups of people to go more often into rvr as there would be some kind of reward for them.

When talking about warbands i will repeat myself like a broken record again: From 4 warbands out of the keep good change is 3 of them are afk waiting for doors to go down. Great system we have there
No its not good. A scoreboard isnt going to fix it though. All it does is play to the peanut gallery.
I'll point out though that those wbs stay at the keeps because no one is taking those bos. There are always small groups roaming looking for solo players going to the keeps. Why arent they taking the bos to draw the wbs away? They dont want to they want to gank.