Recent Topics

Ads

[DOK] Looking for advice - melee support dps build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
shamallow

[DOK] Looking for advice - melee support dps build

Post#1 » Fri May 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi,

can you help me to get a good build for melee support dps.
i'm looking for renown and career builder.
And talisman slots.

Thanks.

For the moment, i'm running with this, but i'm not RR40 yet :
waronlinebuilder.org - Disciple of Khaine build

renown build

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: [DOK] Looking for advice - melee support dps build

Post#2 » Fri May 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Hmmm if u want to build a good dps dok wait 4 changes. ATM its rly Not good to make dps dok cause all other mdps Are massive better
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:00 pm

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=dok ... 992:4993:0:

you really need curse of khaine

being able to put an incoming heal debuff on multiple targets with essence lash is too good

this isnt about being an damage dealing MDPS, this is about building a melee DPS with some utility and stronger surviveability/self sustain

freshour
Banned

Post#4 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:51 pm

Tenton is 100% right. Gotta use your strengths and not try and create NEW strengths while exposing even more weaknesses. Currently I'm running a Sac/Tort spec with no heal debuff only because I needed more heals as very few healers will play with a Tort/Sac melee DoK. One great trick is running heal debuff + aoe detaunt (yeah you use lose 50% aa) but you can do this if you have no guard and heal debuff everyone and then detaunt for some more time to not die as it really needs a guard or at least a guard swap.

No matter what people say your DPS is still really good. Just have to open with lacerate then sanguinary extension and start crushing people. unguarded with 1 healer you will live longer than any other mdps (marauder in tank stance prolly wins this though) and your heal debuff is making your damage 50% more effective and you'd be surprised how many people you'll take down man. Personally, when I do tort I like spec'n into the finisher move at the top of the tree and up to devour essence in Sac as you can cast devour essence on anyone and make anyone else your defense target to get some heals while you are moving into combat or running out haha.

But again, play to your stengths. Another thing I've been picking up lately is there are so many 2h Knight's. 90% of them are terrible and you can burn them down even through a healer (1 not 2) as long as you start off with your two dots and keep the damage rollin in. If you see a WP and an AM, go for the AM lol. WP are a new level of tanky (healing doks too) so if you see guard on a wp move on. OR swap to the AM, see if guard swaps then focus the wp.

Moral of the story is you have to play it pretty smart. You will die, you will mess up, it happens. BUT you can totally use your utility to your advantage. Highly recommend trying to at least go into SC's with a tank for guard. For instance my DoK with my 2h chosen friend (spec'd tank 2h is for aoe crippling strikes) we can take on easily 4-5 other people sometimes more for a very long time. Sure if the undeffendafireball BW's show up one of us can die but you also need to practice swapping defensive targets in combat and binding "target self" to a key.

You do all this and rotate you dots with rend soul and devour essence and you can put out some good sustained dps and also have some burst in your back pocket when you need it. If you notice you have no guard, slot aoe detaunt over KB and take the damage hit so you can actually participate in the SC. If you have a tank who can swap put KB back on but never take off that heal debuff if you have it as a tactic. Even my Mara friends like not having to worry about putting their HD on people as much due to cleanse since I can have it one a target 100% no problem.

I'm not even close to the best melee DoK but I feel like I have a solid understanding of how to play it. I run 55.5% parry and 850 str and 400 WS (with chosen str buff) - that seems to help me keep on keepin on. I also have the epic lair boss chest with 3% reduction in being crit hit + merc shoulders is a solid 6% less so with doing nothing at all I think i'm 14-16% chance for free.

Hope this helps, but don't give up on it. Playing it effectively just takes a little more thinking than other MDPS usually does. If you want people not to hate you that is lol.

shamallow

Post#5 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:53 pm

thanks for your advices.
it remains for me to put it all into practice :)
Last edited by shamallow on Fri May 20, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#6 » Fri May 20, 2016 5:01 pm

Hmm looks Like u missunderstud me. In my head i looking for 6 man Setups. There is not much room for an dps dok cause most Setups Are better with out dps dok. I think dps dok is rly nice to Play and He can be rly useful. And for solooing scs a rly nice roll. But in the best Setups ATM there is no dok dps, and in ror dps dok is not the same like on live
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

freshour
Banned

Post#7 » Fri May 20, 2016 5:09 pm

If you get a 6 man melee train the DoK can be pretty good haha. I ran a 3 melee DoK (1 heal debuff) - 1 mara, and 2 chosen (1 2h for cripp aoe 1 SnB) - and we DESTROYED nearly every single "6 man group" order could throw at us.

Sure it was a 6v6, but we had pugs every Q on the other team and smashed 500-0 against the biggest and baddest order SC guilds. So sure, in a 6 man vs 6 man which rarely happen - the pure 2-2-2 or 1-3-1 setups can have their day. But in 12v12 which is like 95% of SC's - it can 100% work.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#8 » Fri May 20, 2016 5:12 pm

If u Play against pug IT doensent matter what u Play if u Are a bit coordinated u win. I Like meele train . But Take a choppa instead dok its more effektiv. IT Not means IT cant work

Ads
shamallow

Post#9 » Fri May 20, 2016 5:25 pm

freshour wrote:I run 55.5% parry and 850 str and 400 WS (with chosen str buff)
First of all,
thank you for all your explanations, it is very interesting to have a more experienced player reviews of this class.
By cons, I can barely reach 560 strength and 42% parry.
How much strength do you have without buff?

freshour
Banned

Post#10 » Fri May 20, 2016 5:31 pm

I think their buff is like 110? maybe a little more so 730-740 ish? Somewhere around there. Had to do some digging and some math (i hate math) but I had no need for merc chest but gonna try ad 3 piece 2 piece for some more str/reduced chance to be parried at the loss of reduced chance to be crit.

I have max parry on renown and the WS helps a bit plus the tact that gives 10% parry + dual wielding which doesn't show up on char sheet is 10 so you might have 52% and not know it.