Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
xyeppp
Former Staff

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#591 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Dirtyz wrote:Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Marcos\Desktop\Warhammer\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... f=4&t=2889
Access was denied to the path or file WAR.exe!

Remove the write-protection (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable read-only) from all the files in the WAR folder and try again. You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges.
Github / Tighub / Stack

Ads
Scrandom

Post#592 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:59 am

Hello, I've read through the majority of this thread, I downloaded the torrent and it seems it was missing the Return of Reckoning launcher so none of the other launchers worked and I couldn't get it to install. I tried the direct download but it says all servers busy. I tried the mega upload and it says its going to take ~20 hours (the torrent took 1-2 hours) per part. Anyone else having issues with the download or similar torrent download issues?

This is what my folder looks like, from other answers way earlier in the thread I don't see the launcher. Am I an idiot and I don't see it or is it missing and should I try something else. I deleted and re-downloaded the torrent, same thing.
Spoiler:
Edit once more, I realized what I was doing wrong and it involved changing the read only thing as other posts suggests, sorry. Got it working now.

Azerreth

Post#593 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:13 am

Where do you put the performance counter? In the same folder as the RoRLauncher?

Azerreth

Post#594 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:16 am

Data.myp:
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry.
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
at MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

This is what i get, and it allows me to get into warhammer but all i can do is sit in the starting screen after the cinematic. Any ways around it?

Painface

Post#595 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:48 pm

Hiho,

I downloaded the game as a Torrent and every time I try to start with "warpatch" it says:
"The patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher.prod.sig] from the patch server (0 total errors encountered). Please try the patch operation again in a short while".
I tried it several times in several hours but nothing changed it still wont work.

What am I making wrong?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#596 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:41 pm

Azerreth wrote:Data.myp:
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)

This is what i get, and it allows me to get into warhammer but all i can do is sit in the starting screen after the cinematic. Any ways around it?
Known issue, easy fix. Sig below.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#597 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:41 pm

Painface wrote:Hiho,

I downloaded the game as a Torrent and every time I try to start with "warpatch" it says:
"The patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher.prod.sig] from the patch server (0 total errors encountered). Please try the patch operation again in a short while".
I tried it several times in several hours but nothing changed it still wont work.

What am I making wrong?
Did not follow instructions, used warpatch.exe instead of the RoR Launcher.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

amigho

Post#598 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:23 pm

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Přístup k cestě e:\Games\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe byl odepřen.
v System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
v System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
v System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
v System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
v RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
v RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

That´s what it says.
After two days of trying to Install it (the problem was in Chrome. I managed to download it from Firefox and after a bit of struggle even unzip it without any mistake or error).
But when I launch RoRlauncher and login, a box opens with the Error descripted above.
Can you help me, please?

Ads
DaScoub

Post#599 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:47 am

There is 284 posts with this problem : http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... mit=Search

Uncheck read only on the folder...

Sigurthr

Post#600 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:19 am

I can't get the client to launch from the Launcher. At first the connect button did nothing, so I changed it to run as admin. I also changed all files to NOT be read-only. The launcher is in the same directory as the war.exe file. Running as admin, most of the time it gives me a login info error stating incorrect user/pass. I changed my password to be 8 characters long, only lower-case letters, no numbers or characters. As evident from my posting here, my account info is valid. I have restarted the launcher literally over 100 times now. Mostly it yields the user/pass error, maybe 15% of the time it still does nothing when I click connect. A previous user posted about files being blocked because they were on an older win os and directly copied; I transferred all files to a FAT32 drive which removes all the stream/blocking data and repeated all the above; the exact issue persists.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!