Recent Topics

Ads

[WITCH ELF] amelioration

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
roadkillrobin

Re: [WITCH ELF] amelioration

Post#211 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:48 am

"Stealth" is a gap closener much like charge or pounce. Its not supose to be an excuse to overextend. It gets you in melee range without being debuffed and dotted up. But in return you gain less armor. A good WE don't need to restealth very often. You should probobly start to think about the class as a melee dps rather then a one trick pony.

Ads
Bretin

Post#212 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:14 am

roadkillrobin wrote: A good WE don't need to restealth very often.
:lol:

Annaise16

Post#213 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:27 am

[quote="roadkillrobin. A good WE don't need to restealth very often. .[/quote]

Wtf? Did you ever play a WE?

Koha

Post#214 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:49 am

Bretin wrote:RIP Witch Elf 19.04.2016

[...]
Well, I suppose WB is now working as it was in Live. (I did not see any patch note btw or missed it ?)
I feel like it's a good thing it happens before hitting 40/40. I don't want to see the previous version of WB combined with Heart seeker and Increased Pain and suffer a double WB on the opening/stun, might have been game-breaking.

WE and WH might need some rework in the future to get their place in groups. Taking away some tools from Marau/DOks/Slayer, could be a solution as well.
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Bretin

Post#215 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:59 am

taking away everything which is considered "op" by the majority of the community (pugs) isnt a solution to anything. once you nerfed down the mdps archetypes you will have the already overplayed rdps archetype outshining everything and an insanely shitty ttk.

Koha

Post#216 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:11 am

Annaise16 wrote:
Tklees wrote:[quote="Annaise16

I played WE through 2012 and 2013 and there was no internal cd on Withbrew then. It triggered off every hit and the 6 ticks of WB would be used up in the first few gcds.
Because you're both wrong : no ICD but WB used to proc only on abilities = from throwing daggers to any skill on your toolbar but NOT with AutoAttacks... Puncture or Heartrender Toxin took 2 procs from WB

Annaise16

Post#217 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:14 am

The devs have got this wrong. WB did not work like this on live. It triggered off every hit. See my post above for an explanantion of this.

Btw, considering I was pretty much the only person in the last few years of the live game who was doing these sort of combat checks, I find it pretty difficult to believe that I would have been running a WB spec if it was like the current change. And I was definitely running a WB spec on my WE for the last two years of the live game. Giving it an internal cd has destroyed the entire purpose of the ability. It was a burst ability, not sustained damage. You have made the WB spec useless by implementing this change.

Koha

Post#218 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:17 am

Bretin wrote:taking away everything which is considered "op" by the majority of the community (pugs) isnt a solution to anything. once you nerfed down the mdps archetypes you will have the already overplayed rdps archetype outshining everything and an insanely shitty ttk.
Indeed, this is not what we should aim for.

Ads
Annaise16

Post#219 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:21 am

Koha wrote:
Annaise16 wrote:
Tklees wrote:[quote="Annaise16

I played WE through 2012 and 2013 and there was no internal cd on Withbrew then. It triggered off every hit and the 6 ticks of WB would be used up in the first few gcds.
Because you're both wrong : no ICD but WB used to proc only on abilities = from throwing daggers to any skill on your toolbar but NOT with AutoAttacks... Puncture or Heartrender Toxin took 2 procs from WB

Nydig's vid clearly shows it proc off auto-attacks. This is exactly how I remember it.

I don't remember if it proc'd off both hits of Puncture, etc. It would depend if the second hit was defendable. That is, could you Parry or Block the second hit if the first one had already landed. If it was defendable, then it would count as a hit and WB would proc.

I am referring to the period through 2012-2013 here. I did not play the WE before this period and I can not say how WB worked earlier than this. I know that it was savagely nerfed early in the game's history (late 2008, early 2009), but I don not know what the nature of that nerf was, except that I think before then, WB had been able to crit.

roadkillrobin

Post#220 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:32 am

Annaise16 wrote:[quote="roadkillrobin. A good WE don't need to restealth very often. .

Wtf? Did you ever play a WE?[/quote]

Yes I played WE when stealth attacks used to scale with weapon dps and str, I played WE when peirce armor used to be a armor debuff and I played WE when kisses used to be an attack. And I played WE after all that was changed aswell. And the moment i stoped thinking about the class as a one trick pony stealth attacker and started to treat it as a melee dps instead i doubled my dps outout and kills. They don't need stealth on 10 sec cd. And they don't need it on instant cast to be effective and they don't need to use it on cd either.