[Bright Wizard] Flame Breath Damage On Hit

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Arbich
Suspended

Re: [Bright Wizard] Flame Breath Damage On Hit

Post#21 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:31 am

Bretin wrote:i thought about the OPs opinion and honestly understood where his intention came from. i also thought about how we could deal with this major imbalance of the game and now i would like to suggest to increase Annihilates range to 95f. Single target skills would stay superior due to their higher single target damage and the extra 5 feet range. If this won't be the perfect solution, my plan B would be to redesign Ruin and Destruction (morale 2) once again.

Why?
When Ruin and Destruction got changed, BW was able to stay at 100 combustion and spam Scorched Earth during movement w/o losing combustion. He also had the old Closed Quarters for more damage which made the stun pretty OP. Now after the AoE nerf in general and the specific tactic/skill changes to BW, i don't see a reason to not give him a 4s AoE stun on his M2. It would help preventing enemies from kiting and make the BW more viable in open world largescale PvP.
Increasing range of annihilate to 95ft isn´t a serious proposal?

Changing M2 back from damage to stun, sounds better. But on large scale RVR it would be, depending on the situation, more a slightly nerf than a buff.

Conflagration is already a very strong skill-tree. I think the BW can bear the downsides it has :-)
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Bretin

Post#22 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:42 am

naaaah you got me wrong mate. the dmg should stay and the stun should be additional.

why is 95f not srs?

Arbich
Suspended

Post#23 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:03 pm

Bretin wrote:naaaah you got me wrong mate. the dmg should stay and the stun should be additional.

why is 95f not srs?
Ah ok, now i got you.

But: I remember a time where M3 stagger doesn´t break from damage. If the AoE-BW get a needed improvement, the Single-target-BW should also get one. Give them the unbreakable stagger back!
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Toldavf

Post#24 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Arconnn wrote:
Toldavf wrote:Is this really what it appears to be? A buff bw bombing thread? The best bomber in the game made better?

Just no your amazing DPS is a more then adequate trade off for any perceived lack of mobility.
As I said, I don't consider it a buff, I want to open up a tactic for BW's which will add more versatility but reduce general damage by removing one of the more necessary tactics in order to utilize the change.

From what I gather, the people opposed to this are biased against BW's and are thinking in terms of "Lol bomb bright wizard doesn't need more dmg QQ" but it's to add versatility to a class that completely lacks any of it at the cost of a very important tactic slot. It's subjectively better because what you DO have to give up, but it does open up an option for certain play styles.

And perceived lack of mobility? have you not played BW?
First thing accusations of bias don't wash with me i'm fair in all things. Second you want to free a tactic slot so you can add a tactic for more dps be it close quarters, wildfire or fuelled from within whatever your choice is. Its a tactic you won't even run in t4 because there are several better tactics to take its place and generating combustion is laughably easy.

Yes i have played BW its mobility is fine you are stationary for at most 3 seconds at a time I don't see how this is a problem unless your literally the only one bombing.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Scrilian

Post#25 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:27 pm

Bretin might've went a bit oberboard with 95ft, but making Fiery Breath tick every 1 second, instead of 3 would fix the problem neatly.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Bretin

Post#26 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:29 pm

great, idea to make sure nobody is left behind Arbich! but i don't like the stagger suggestion.. i would like to see something more unique which fits better to the lore.

My suggestion would be to implement a new:

ability ID: Ever-burning Fire of Aqshy
description: You are calling for the bright wizards across the Empire and gather their power for a total of 5 seconds. After this channel time your heart is filled with the Ever-burning Fire of Aqshy causing all your abilities to deal an additional 50% damage and ignoring the enemies defense for the next 10 seconds.

Scrilian

Post#27 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:36 pm

Make it work only with AOE tree or else its the festerbomb 2.0 :D
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Bretin

Post#28 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:49 pm

after thinking about my suggestion i had time for a concept art.

This could be the ability icon:

and something like this for animation

Ads
Druin
Former Staff

Post#29 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:58 pm

Good point to lock this topic. Balance forum opens soon...
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

Azarael

Post#30 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:29 pm

Interestingly, it turns out that Flame Breath DID tick instantly on live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk-UVsBESiU 1:23