Recent Topics

Ads

[Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dalgrimar

Re: [Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Post#41 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Probably something like this.
ALLWAYS GO WW
Its such a waste not to spec WW on SM tbh.

Renown spec i allways go RD3 on every tank
Last edited by Dalgrimar on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#42 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:03 pm

DPS BO with good WS on squishies like BWs/AMs >>> SM Burst on these targets.
No other tank could compare with their burst (heck some MDPS couldn't get the numbers BOs got endgame)

However vs anything with a decent amount of armor, SM does better damage (unless BO is assisting a full-spec'd savagery marauder/has a shittonne of WS)

Rebuke

Post#43 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:24 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:DPS BO with good WS on squishies like BWs/AMs >>> SM Burst on these targets.
No other tank could compare with their burst (heck some MDPS couldn't get the numbers BOs got endgame)

However vs anything with a decent amount of armor, SM does better damage (unless BO is assisting a full-spec'd savagery marauder/has a shittonne of WS)
That is what I like about the SM, it does not require investing in ws to do damage (the tallies/renown you had to invest in WS are freed up for other ****).

Agreed that BO overall is more of a "traditional" damage dealer, requiring you to attack the squishiest targets. While the SM can be a bit more forgiving as it can also attack marauders and other tanks, with relatively less damage penalty.

@Kallah: Since you are full SnB dps, how do you spec your renown?

Kallah

Post#44 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:29 pm

Rebuke wrote: @Kallah: Since you are full SnB dps, how do you spec your renown?
Right now, 30 into Futile Strikes and 10 Might.

I've tried a few combinations and for me that is the safer one.
Kalla SM
Sniped Engi
Kallak RP

Speedyz Sh (resting)

<Mankers>

Nishka
Suspended

Post#45 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:59 pm

What do you elf guys think about this one with 2handed sword?
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sm; ... 4:;0:0:0:0:
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Sigimund

Post#46 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:04 pm

That calculator is out of date. Crashing Wave is now 9x. Also tank M4s don't get much better than Immaculate Defense so you can save a point there.

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#47 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:10 pm

Nishka wrote:What do you elf guys think about this one with 2handed sword?
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sm; ... 871:2872:0:
Could be fun, this is pretty much the only time the mastery Morale 4's will ever be useful. On the other hand, you would be giving up a lot of DPS from losing the points in other trees, just for the privilege of having two decent bubbles on a 2H tank. You would arguably get the same or similar results by speccing into Protection of Hoeth. If you want to hit hard enough to be a threat while also being survivable, this might not be the best way to go - but it would still be fun to check! I wish Crashing Wave was slightly better - it has a hard time competing with WW, even with its lowered position.
Sigimund wrote:That calculator is out of date. Crashing Wave is now 9x. Also tank M4s don't get much better than Immaculate Defense so you can save a point there.
Take it from me, it will be a while before you see Immaculate Defense.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#48 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:19 pm

Hmm...If CW is lower now, maybe I'll have enough points for aethyric armor then... ever tried such bubble-based build, or maybe know anyone who tried? Is it viable in terms of damage in survivibility?
Just noticed that m4 unfortunarely requires a shield :(
Regarding protection of hoeth, I think the 325 bubble which can pop out with each your attack, if you're lucky enough, + 400 bubble with 3 sec cd is much better than Protection of Hoeth 550 bubble with 10 sec cd.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ads
Kallah

Post#49 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:42 pm

PoH is 750 when full Hoeth.

I used to duel in Praag while IC/altdorf with the 3 bubble spec, Vaul/Hoeth is perfect for 1v1 or running solo, but it is not worth atm. It is the worst spec for T3, it will be viable in T4 :)
Kalla SM
Sniped Engi
Kallak RP

Speedyz Sh (resting)

<Mankers>

peppex91

Post#50 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:52 pm

If u went full Vaul ofc the proc is better overall as surv tool, but it still nice to have a low ap cost skill usable in basic stance (u can use it as a 2nd Sudden Shift).
Personally, having Vaul at 0 and Hoeth at max, my proc tooltip just say 280 vs the 750 of PoH.
I think they are almost on par if u have a balanced Vaul/Hoeth build as absorb numbers (if u don't waste PoE, it got just half duration), maybe if u can keep yourself constantly attacking the blade ench is still better as it will be up all the time while PoE got 10 sec cd (5 with WW up).