Recent Topics

Ads

Curiosity.

Let's talk about... everything else
KyleBear

Curiosity.

Post#1 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:28 pm

Do you guys plan on making the server instant R40 and RR100 (Or RR80) in the future somewhat like they did the last few weeks Warhammer Official was up? I'm just curious cause I'm not sure if the PS is gonna get enough people who are interested in leveling all the way up to 40 and max out renown without getting bored..? :/

Ads
Bladefist

Re: Curiosity.

Post#2 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:51 pm

This is actually a good idea to do. Imo

RyanMakara

Post#3 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:02 pm

Problem being, this project is aimed at recreating the original WAR experience. We're currently focussing on T1 zones and getting all the classes in a functional state up to level 10. What you're suggesting is either the next course of action or the end of the line. Truth be told; I don't think it's much known how we'll handle the building of T2 and T3 zones.

Luth

Post#4 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:56 pm

This is a mmorpg not a moba.
I would be bored, if i had everything handled for free.

p.s.:
No offense, but this somewhat reminds me of the infamous Wrath of Heroes presentation, where Paul Barnett and Carrie Gouskos mock at the whole Warhammer Online community:
Incompetence @ its best :D

Azagaar

Post#5 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:32 pm

There would be no feel of any achievement if all would start with rank40 rr100...
I'd rather work my way up.

KyleBear

Post#6 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:46 pm

i was only asking/suggesting mainly because I don't think there will be enough people on server to level all the way up to desired levels. Granted it is in the beginning stages and it's a bit early to be concerned about it. I'd just hate to see people leave the server do to lack of numbers or boredom.

Azarael

Post#7 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:26 pm

I've seen far more people leave MMORPGs for LACK of things to do. Cut out all the progression and people will leave more quickly.

Psyclon

Post#8 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:51 am

i understand both sides of the coin...one side its easy but remember the experience of doing all again you(we,i) had experienced before and might be boring for some(most,all,none) on the other side doing it again will increase friendships ingame for the future...in either case im up for anything as long i play the game
My favorite weapon is to look in your eyes!

Ads
Azagaar

Post#9 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Another way is to give players a choice, f.e.: you can start with rank 1 and earn everything through a hard work, give players an option to have like 3x, 5x or 10x exp, or let them start with rank 40, and maybe RR rank 40 as well (I believe, that players who choose to grind their way up will be at disadvantage when facing people, who are already rank 40, RR 100).
I've seen some WoW private server give this kind of choice. You were given an item at the start, and you could change the exp rate at any time (to 2x, 3x, 5x and 10x), but you couldn't go back to 1x rate.

Of course it's not a thing to discuss now, since we only can get up to rank 10 and RR 20. I think this should be discussed when t4 are open, or even later. Maybe a poll. Since having a choice will bring both those who like to level up, and those who want to play the end game. Of course it's not for me to decide :)

KyleBear

Post#10 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Yeah maybe giving player a choice to appeal to both sides would seem pretty fair to me imo. And could possibly draw in a lot more players as well! :D