Recent Topics

Ads

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Armor Set Redesigns

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
RyanMakara

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Armor Set Redesigns

Post#61 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:24 pm

Tiggo wrote:
Genisaurus wrote:
Tiggo wrote:wp current stalker armor sum is wrong.

and am im right: current stalker set is transformed to New Duelist? There is no new Stalker set?
Thanks for the heads-up. Also no, Stalker remains the same. The new Duelist set is separate. Stalker is only on the spreadsheet as a convenience, so people can see relative power or theorycraft mixing.
thx m8 and good work ;)

ps: looks like every stalker set armor sum is wrong? or am i missing something? should be same armor as devastator set sum shouldnt it?
It's missing the helmet, so it only counts 4 armor pieces with the same amount of armor as equivalent armor pieces.

Ads
FCT

Post#62 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:24 pm

remove strength and weaponskill from stalker set ;)

Luth

Post#63 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:25 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
Spoiler:
Crak wrote:I don't know if it is the right place to mention that but I would like to talk about Slayer and Choppa devastator stuff and more especially about set bonuses.

I feel like these 2 classes have a weaker devastatot set than other melee classes. Indeed, the 4th bonus is +5% Parry Strikethrough which is in my opinion weaker than +5% melee crit since squishy classes (so classes you need to focus as a slayer or choppa) in most of the cases have a very little chance to parry.
I would have thought that the current set modification would have change this bonus but no.

What do you think about this ? Would you think it would be fair to change the current bonus into +5% melee crit ?
Parry Strikethrough is generally stronger than Melee Crit, so long as your Parry Strikethrough is less than or equal to their parry chance (i.e., you are not wasting it) because a crit can be parried. There may be other factors, but let's look at a general case:

Let's say your regular attacks hit for, on average, 100 damage. You have a 10% crit rate, and your crits have the standard +50% damage. Your opponent has a 10% parry rate.

Base:
90% of your attacks will be normal, 10% will be crits. Your total average damage will be
(.9 * 100) + (.1 * 150) = 105 damage.

10% of your attacks will be parried, so your actual net average damage is
105 * .9 = 94.5 damage avg.

With +5% Crit:
85% of your attacks will be normal, 15% will be crits. Your total average damage will be
(.85 * 100) + (.15 * 150) = 107.5 damage.

10% of your attacks will be parried, so your actual net average damage is
107.5 * .9 = 96.75 damage avg.

With +5% Parry Strikethrough:
90% of your attacks will be normal, 10% will be crits. Your total average damage will be
(.9 * 100) + (.1 * 150) = 105 damage.

5% of your attacks will be parried, so your actual net average damage is
105 * .95 = 99.75 damage avg.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, parry strikethrough in this case results in more damage at the end of the day (though perhaps less burst, which is important for other reasons).
Tiggo wrote:ps: looks like every stalker set armor sum is wrong? or am i missing something? should be same armor as devastator set sum shouldnt it?
There is no Stalker helmet, which is why Stalker has lower total armor values.
BUT, you can't parry from your back; the angle of the target every melee DD tries to reach. :mrgreen:

Reesh

Post#64 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:31 pm

Crak wrote:I don't know if it is the right place to mention that but I would like to talk about Slayer and Choppa devastator stuff and more especially about set bonuses.

I feel like these 2 classes have a weaker devastatot set than other melee classes. Indeed, the 4th bonus is +5% Parry Strikethrough which is in my opinion weaker than +5% melee crit since squishy classes (so classes you need to focus as a slayer or choppa) in most of the cases have a very little chance to parry.
I would have thought that the current set modification would have change this bonus but no.

What do you think about this ? Would you think it would be fair to change the current bonus into +5% melee crit ?
I agree, also the 5 piece bonus is rubbish.
Corrosion, Clarity, Preservation, Vivacious, Domination, Creeping - All would be a lot better and more viable to run a set into 5 pieces, instead of running 2 part of one and 3 part of other set for more stat bonuses.

Basically, running a full 5 piece set cripples you in terms of more stats that you can get, for that one ability that should be a clear advantage, and in case of currently proposed ones for CH and SL, it isn't.

Jaycub

Post#65 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:33 pm

I love that you are doing this, but are you really making the gear purchasable via emblems? I think that will have a negative impact on ORvR.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#66 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:35 pm

rmpl wrote:Should we expect new sets within weeks or months?
We don't have a set date in mind. The new sets are getting an "art pass" to see if we can make some look cooler than the stock Mayhem appearances, and after the Devastator changes are made, our testing team will need to verify that the values in-game match the planned values. Lastly, I need to get a swap merchant in place, and the team needs to discuss pricing and how swapping should be handed.

Could be a week or two before everything is ready to go.

rmpl

Post#67 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:41 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
rmpl wrote:Should we expect new sets within weeks or months?
We don't have a set date in mind. The new sets are getting an "art pass" to see if we can make some look cooler than the stock Mayhem appearances, and after the Devastator changes are made, our testing team will need to verify that the values in-game match the planned values. Lastly, I need to get a swap merchant in place, and the team needs to discuss pricing and how swapping should be handed.

Could be a week or two before everything is ready to go.
Could be a week or two? That's great news, I expected something like 3-6 months.

Asdar2

Post#68 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Hi all, what will happen to tali? I spent a fortune to buy and insert devostator War priest armor + 21Str tali. What happens when you change Devastator set, with my +21 Str Tali .

Thanks for your work . New sets a very cool idea

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#69 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:57 pm

So what if you lose a few talis here and there: this is alpha. Im a dps wp and these changes would mean having to farm again - but it's beneficial in the long run.

Luth

Post#70 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:01 pm

This is just a devious plan to get rid of the exploited/duped gold that already spread across the market again. :geek: